Minnesota Aurora re-concept

-kj

A long, long time ago in a gal... er, state far, far away, I played on a rec hockey team called the Minnesota Aurora.  I created a logo, we had jerseys made, yadda yadda.

179156869_2ae60ae010_b.jpg

For some reason, on my drive home tonight my mind started thinking about design projects I could do, and the Aurora logo came to mind.  So when I got home, I thought: why not see what a current take might be?  So in a few hours, I had an answer:

aurora-2020.png

I reduced the colors, refined shapes, and tried for a bit less obvious-Wild-homage.  I thought about doing a jersey mockup, but haven't as of yet.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The old logo still holds up fine, but your new one is a big upgrade!

The new shape of the aurora inside the logo is excellent, and the new wordmark is so classy.

For a team named after colorful lights, though, you might want to increase the contrast between the blues a bit and/or bring back a pink accent somehow... That said the scheme you have feels very wintery.

Good work!

I’d like the actual Aurora in the new logo to be more colorful so it can contrast better against the dark blue night sky.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The aurora is really improved, but I don’t like the star hanging out there in the top right corner obstructing a good part of the state outline now. If you could find a way to shape the star into the curve of that part of the map it might work better. Also the swoop gave it some interesting motion and now the star is just kind of... there. The wordmark is very much improved!

New update is really good, great job! I agree with most that more colors should be added, particularly adding some accent color would be a huge upgrade. Also, it wouldn't hurt to eliminate the outline on the trees or make it the same color as sky, it creates a certain mess how the outline of the logo and trees collide.

spacer.png

Archived