2019-2020 NLL Season

AnPheitseog

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JayMac said:

And in a possible chain of events, could this affect future expansion?

Yeah, I've flipped back and forth on this thought. 

I think it all depends on how much of the season is lost (if any...as opposed to rescheduled) 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Does NLL and PLL have some sort of working relationship? When the NLL had the Seals game in Las Vegas, PLL shot a video from the game with their host (or whatever his official title is) RJ. The PLL cameras were allowed in the locker room and everything.

That's been the only instance of the two leagues working with each other that I'm aware of.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Does NLL and PLL have some sort of working relationship? When the NLL had the Seals game in Las Vegas, PLL shot a video from the game with their host (or whatever his official title is) RJ. The PLL cameras were allowed in the locker room and everything.

That's been the only instance of the two leagues working with each other that I'm aware of.

Not officially. But the PLL opted to make sure their season would not overlap with the NLL when it started up so right off the bat they played together nicely

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

NLL announces the 2019-20 regular season officially scrapped, no official word yet on the postseason but I can't imagine it's very likely we'll get one.

My wife and I received an email from the Wings, letting us know that we will be receiving a credit on our season tickets for next season. I think the door has been left cracked open for a return this season for a postseason but I don't think it will happen.

• 3 months later...
On 7/23/2020 at 12:07 AM, GDAWG said:

Also, how is this league handling diversity?

The NLL has always had a significant number of First Nations players, particularly from the Iroquois.

There were, as sadly happens in all sport, a couple of isolated incidents that were taken care of quickly.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, _J_ said:

The NLL has always had a significant number of First Nations players, particularly from the Iroquois.

There were, as sadly happens in all sport, a couple of isolated incidents that were taken care of quickly.

Unfortunately, I witnessed one of these incidents live. I will say that it was handled very well.

While there might not be a huge chunk of minorities playing in the NLL, I think they do a great job of promoting diversity. 

On 7/22/2020 at 1:03 PM, pluggerplugger1 said:

The league announced Fort Worth's expansion franchise earlier today, set to begin in 2021-22.

https://twitter.com/NLL/status/1285972150504099840

Didn't really dig into this news last week as I was on vacation and took a bit of a break. 

Another NBA (and WNBA) owner coming into the NLL. Makes me optimistic that they are getting more quality owners. 

Archived