NFL series (ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ update added 04/19/23.)

j'villejags

3 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Here's what it looks like with cream numbers. I wasn't sure if there was enough contrast between the cream and orange, and it may need an outline like @chcarlson23 suggests. I'd like to keep it consistent with the other jerseys though, which would mean outlines on all 3 jerseys. 

u13zm3U.png

Also, I put together a brown pants and cream sock option for the away set. 

euMy1kP.png

DC8-C0-D63-5-D24-409-C-95-E6-4-FB11-C433

Yes, might be getting a little crazy here, but...

MONO. CREAM. 😅

qIvGUcg.png

White numbers with no outline works for Tennessee, so the Browns should be just fine.. your jersey is much lighter than your helmet and accessories, so adjusting that will help as well.. also worth noting, the orange jersey is an alternate.. it's allowed to be a bit different.. or, if "consistency" is holding you up.. you could argue that all jerseys have numbers with a brown outline.. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

White numbers with no outline works for Tennessee, so the Browns should be just fine.. your jersey is much lighter than your helmet and accessories, so adjusting that will help as well.. also worth noting, the orange jersey is an alternate.. it's allowed to be a bit different.. or, if "consistency" is holding you up.. you could argue that all jerseys have numbers with a brown outline.. 

Somehow that thought never crossed my mind.  Great point. 

• Like 2

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:18 AM, 8BW14 said:

The brown outline isn’t bad on the orange jersey but maybe try a drop shadow?

There would be a precedent for the Browns and it adds to the old-school vintage look you’re going for with the cream

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it looks great. Thoughts?

th4qwmy.png

• Like 9

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Moving on to the Patriots. I liked the symbolism from this 'unofficial' flag of New England featuring 6 stars for the 6 New England states. Patriots also have 6 Super Bowl trophies now, so it seemed like an interesting time to put more emphasis on the 6 states of New England. 

500px-New_England_flag_1988.svg.png

I used the star pattern on the sleeves. I started with the color rush striping pattern, but ultimately moved away from it as it made the shoulders feel too busy next to the star pattern. 

eJYroKh.png

kY54NtR.png

LoTaAPe.png

I prefer the silver pants for New England as I feel the navy pants makes this too bottom heavy. However, they look more like the Patriots here. 

0lyeKhM.png

Thoughts?

• Like 16

An original take, I dig it! Though it is odd to see the 3 striped socks reappear here. It just seems so synonymous with their look even though they don’t and have never actually matched any other part of the uniform. 

• Like 1
Midway.png

3 hours ago, Midway said:

An original take, I dig it! Though it is odd to see the 3 striped socks reappear here. It just seems so synonymous with their look even though they don’t and have never actually matched any other part of the uniform. 

Thanks! And I agree with your take here. I almost went with a blue/red stripe to match what I have on the shoulders instead, but ended up settling on what they've been using. 

Here's an alternate idea I've been playing with on if they were to ditch the silver. I am afraid these colors with stars and stripes might be putting off too much Evel Knievel vibes though. 😅

7m2rWcm.png

ZFGELa3.png

Evel-169748614.jpg

• Like 2

Pats look great! I think I slightly prefer the white versions. I love the jersey striping and stars on the sleeve cap, although that may not leave room for TV numbers. I'd also like to see the pants stripe in more detail, as I can't tell what exactly it looks like. Overall, this is amazing and would be a great direction for the Pats to go. Great job!

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 4/3/2020 at 10:17 PM, j'villejags said:

Thoughts?

These Pats uniforms are great starts but you are missing "TV" numbers on the shoulders or sleeves. For standard uniforms they are required by the NFL. They let it slide for "one offs" like Color Rush or Throwbacks for standard home and away uniforms they are required.

• Like 1

This is one of my favorite concepts for the Patriots I've seen that uses the current logo.  The only thing I would want to see is what the jersey would like like with the sleeve striping actually following the seam rather than keep an angle to the chest.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 8:27 AM, canzman said:

These Pats uniforms are great starts but you are missing "TV" numbers on the shoulders or sleeves. For standard uniforms they are required by the NFL. They let it slide for "one offs" like Color Rush or Throwbacks for standard home and away uniforms they are required.

Thanks! TV numbers have been added.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:46 AM, Punchy_Gungus said:

Pats look great! I think I slightly prefer the white versions. I love the jersey striping and stars on the sleeve cap, although that may not leave room for TV numbers. I'd also like to see the pants stripe in more detail, as I can't tell what exactly it looks like. Overall, this is amazing and would be a great direction for the Pats to go. Great job!

Good call on the TV numbers. I had to shrink the stripe to get everything to fit, so there is a lot going on up there now. 

I may need to come up with an alternate angle or something for the pant stripe since there's not a good way to see it with the way I'm presenting it. This is what I had in mind though --

cQWj9Sg.png

On 4/10/2020 at 8:03 PM, SEANL said:

This is one of my favorite concepts for the Patriots I've seen that uses the current logo.  The only thing I would want to see is what the jersey would like like with the sleeve striping actually following the seam rather than keep an angle to the chest.

Good thought, and I had something that would have looked closer to that initially. I may revisit this later to see if I can improve on the shoulder design.

For now, here's the update I have.

eScNkjG.png

Lg8ws3u.pngvCaNO3P.png

Alternate white look --

KTMfN2U.pngdXXSCnF.png

W4q8NQD.png

Likely will be moving on to the next team from here -- either the Bucs, Chargers, or Rams. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since posting. The Washington design contest got me to pull out a new concept. Might jump back into this series a bit more as we get into what should be football season. This is what I submitted for the contest. 

After a lot of back and forth on names, I ultimately went with the Washington Wolves as the team name. Felt it was a way to show respect to the Native American community, as Wolves are revered in their culture, without needing to use any specific Native imagery. Other names I'd strongly considered -- Admirals, Sharks, Mammoths, Warriors, Dragons, Astronauts, and Warthogs. :)

I wanted to keep their colors so that they don't feel completely like an expansion team. I also wanted the uniforms to maintain the overall aesthetic of their look in Washington with the combinations. I started with the DC flag design as the inspiration, and wanted to incorporate those double stripes on the helmet, shoulders, pants, and socks for continuity. Then the 3 stars from the flag are found on the sleeves to bring it all together. The W logo on the helmet represents both Washington and Wolves, with the same 3 stars on the top as another nod to DC. 

I experimented with a stacked WW logo for 'Washington Wolves,' but no matter what I did to it, all I could think of was 'Wonder Woman.' 😅

Primary Home

Mv0DHh2.png

Alternate Home

qWULPeL.png

Primary Away

ncK266J.png

Alternate Away

8uUcyZP.png

• Like 8