NFL series (ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ update added 04/19/23.)

j'villejags

13 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I appreciate the C&C everyone! I'll likely revisit this when the new uniforms (and potentially logos) are revealed with an update. 

For now, I thought I'd come up with a variation of what I've got so far. My personal favorite was the black set, so I've based the rest of the set on them. Each uniform now has gray pants. (Note: I'm calling them gray, as I don't think the color is quite silver, and I'd like to let the Raiders own black and silver.)

I thought the red gloves and shoes feel like something Nike would do to highlight their product, as red tends to flash against black and gray. I also think it helps differentiate from the Raiders a bit more, while maintaining the overall black/gray aesthetic. 

Home

4YNttCS.png

Alternate

eiwjM7U.png

Away

PzYkYHw.png

Do you think the gray pants work with this version of the red jersey? Or am I forcing it? I tried gray numbers on the red jersey, but I didn't feel there was enough contrast. Instead, I replaced the white stripe on the shoulder with a gray stripe to try to tie them together. Thoughts? 

This whole set is solid except that inlay on the white and black jersey numbers. Solid number and the outline looks great! That red one would sellout for sure. GREAT WORK BTW!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update of sorts. I've darkened the red to more closely resemble this new wordmark. 

IdcT47n

Also, used the 'ATL' in Atlanta as the helmet bumper, and 'Falcons' as the new chest wordmark.

actsfcH.png

SxSHptH.pngpyHvDDE.png

I've also added a metallic red helmet as a variation of the original set. 

Ojtpciv.png

tlftOoE.pngamo5DMM.png

• Like 16

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback from everyone to get me to try it with a red helmet. I didn't think I'd like it as much as the black helmet, but I think I actually prefer the red lid over the black after comparing the two. 

Now, I'm thinking of switching gears and making this a series. It'd be my takes on the changes coming around the league this offseason as @oldschoolvikings has done. I'll update the thread title once I post the next team. You can expect the Chargers, Bucs, Rams, Patriots, Browns to be coming at some point this offseason. 

If I'm still going strong with this after that, I will work towards completing the league. :)

• Like 7

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

These are great - I cannot tell which lid I like more and the metallic finish is perfect.  The striping pattern is unique, clean and exciting.  I also like the lack of outline of the striping.  The grey pants fit the team identity.  Overall great!  

The numbers throw me off a little bit as if they clash stylistically with the striping patterns, but I can't tell if it is the font, the actual number 21, the outline or the position the player is in.  

The Falcons would definitely benefit from a re-brand, so I am glad they are doing that.  If they can get anywhere close to a design like this it would be a success.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SEANL said:

These are great - I cannot tell which lid I like more and the metallic finish is perfect.  The striping pattern is unique, clean and exciting.  I also like the lack of outline of the striping.  The grey pants fit the team identity.  Overall great!  

The numbers throw me off a little bit as if they clash stylistically with the striping patterns, but I can't tell if it is the font, the actual number 21, the outline or the position the player is in.  

The Falcons would definitely benefit from a re-brand, so I am glad they are doing that.  If they can get anywhere close to a design like this it would be a success.

Thank you! Great feedback. Placing the numbers correctly gave me some trouble and they never quite looked right to me either. I will try to clean that up with the next set. 

I could definitely see how a more angular font may have paired better here. I tried going with a more traditional block look in an effort to tone down the "edginess," if you will. I prefer a more traditional look from Atlanta, so it was my attempt at blending the two styles.

Also, I don't know that I've actually mentioned this, but the striping pattern on the shoulder was pulled directly from the wings of the logo. If you flip the logo around, you can kind of see it.
29fv0eu.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Thank you! Great feedback. Placing the numbers correctly gave me some trouble and they never quite looked right to me either. I will try to clean that up with the next set. 

I could definitely see how a more angular font may have paired better here. I tried going with a more traditional block look in an effort to tone down the "edginess," if you will. I prefer a more traditional look from Atlanta, so it was my attempt at blending the two styles.

Also, I don't know that I've actually mentioned this, but the striping pattern on the shoulder was pulled directly from the wings of the logo. If you flip the logo around, you can kind of see it.
29fv0eu.png

That's awesome! Great pull.  I agree with you on the traditional numbers, I tend to prefer those to - ya know - whatever the Bucs came up with.  In a vacuum your number font looks great, that's why I can't tell what is throwing me off.

Look forward to next iteration!! 

• Like 1