NFL series (ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ update added 04/19/23.)

j'villejags

Washington looks amazing! The shift from native to DC imagery feels really smooth and the uniforms are easily an improvement over the current threads. The home could use more white and the away could use a little more gold but still looks great without it. Great job!

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• 2 years later...

@j'villejags just stumbled upon this thread after seeing the link in your signature.  These are, I think, the nicest concepts I've seen done on these boards.  Nailed the Browns.  Love the star patterns on the sleeve of the Patriots and avoidance of Navy pants; the Falcons concept is 1000x better than what we ultimately got; ditto with Washington.  The artwork/template itself is just beautiful.  

If you ever decide to dust these files off again, would love to see the Falcons Black jersey/Grey pant set  with an Anodized/Satin Silver helmet, and anything else you'd come up with.  Maybe a good time for a Cardinals attempt?

On 4/10/2023 at 6:45 AM, HOOVER said:

@j'villejags just stumbled upon this thread after seeing the link in your signature.  These are, I think, the nicest concepts I've seen done on these boards.  Nailed the Browns.  Love the star patterns on the sleeve of the Patriots and avoidance of Navy pants; the Falcons concept is 1000x better than what we ultimately got; ditto with Washington.  The artwork/template itself is just beautiful.  

If you ever decide to dust these files off again, would love to see the Falcons Black jersey/Grey pant set  with an Anodized/Satin Silver helmet, and anything else you'd come up with.  Maybe a good time for a Cardinals attempt?

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. I might get back into it at some point. Time has not been on my side, so I’d set this aside for the most part.

That said, I can definitely attempt the Falcons tweak you’re describing. And I agree, I’d like to try Arizona at some point. I’ll tag you if/when I post an update!

• Applause 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Thoughts on this direction for Arizona? Tried to pull from the clues and colors that have been posted, while putting my own twist to it. 

The maroon to orange gradient gives off a copper vibe without actually being copper. I couldn't help myself and did end up using a copper facemask -- (although it sounds like copper won't actually be used on the actual set).

spacer.png

I am interested in adding some detail to the shoulders or shoulder caps. However, it seemed like anything I did to the jersey made the pants and helmet look excessively loud. I played around with the idea of a stylized AZ flag, and tried another gradient. I have also tried to visualize a feather pattern a la Oregon. But again, I think it quickly loses its balance and becomes too much.

Certainly welcome any thoughts and opinions. I'll add a road and alternate variation, but wanted to get some thoughts first to refine this. 

--

@HOOVER wanted to share the update

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• j'villejags changed the title to NFL series (ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ update added 04/19/23.)

This is a great series. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the Lions. I'd suggest something along the lines of what you've done with the Browns - a great blend of traditional/modern. Incorporating white would also be a good idea to add a little more contrast to their current set. I feel like Carolina is moving in the direction of Carolina blue/black, so I don't think Detroit should go that way with black and/or a black jersey or helmet. It does look cool but it's also very reminiscent of the Matt Millen days which we want to forget as a franchise.   

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is a great series. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the Lions. I'd suggest something along the lines of what you've done with the Browns - a great blend of traditional/modern. Incorporating white would also be a good idea to add a little more contrast to their current set. I feel like Carolina is moving in the direction of Carolina blue/black, so I don't think Detroit should go that way with black and/or a black jersey or helmet. It does look cool but it's also very reminiscent of the Matt Millen days which we want to forget as a franchise.   

I appreciate it! Good insight. I’ll add the Lions to my queue. I do have a general sense of what I’d like to do with them, and it does not include black. 🙂

After seeing the Cardinals post, I went back and immediately remembered it. It was a great thread originally, and that Cardinals uniform is fantastic! I would love to see something like that, clean, simple, but also unique. It has all the right feels for Arizona and a cardinals team. Great job!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, mahnkej said:

Nice work on both! I was really hoping Arizona would do something like this; adding a touch of copper (or maroon/orange gradient) like you used would've made them so much nicer.

Thanks!

Here’s the alternate. May be a bit controversial without red. 😅 

Going for a desert cardinal look with the copper. 

Z9BaAkV.png

• Like 1