FOX's Super Bowl LIV Overlay

spacer.png

Wanted to get you all's thoughts on the scorebug and overlays being utilized by Fox. I think they're pretty sharp. Fonts aren't illegible, the scorebug does well, showing the score and team logos at a good size. I hope they keep these for a long time, especially with a few tweaks.

8 minutes ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

spacer.png

Wanted to get you all's thoughts on the scorebug and overlays being utilized by Fox. I think they're pretty sharp. Fonts aren't illegible, the scorebug does well, showing the score and team logos at a good size. I hope they keep these for a long time, especially with a few tweaks.

Only thing I don't like about it is the down and distance marker on the field. Not quite the most legible. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Overall I really like these graphics - clear, concise, easy to read, and don't take up too much space.

Not a fan of the down and distance marker on the field, or on the cartoon graphic that comes up whenever there's a touchdown.

I've never liked the down and distance on the field, but this was less obtrusive by having no background, so that makes it better.

There were a few people watching tonight who mistakenly saw the play clock and thought it was the game clock. I'm not sure how you 'fix' that.

I liked the more frequent use of updated individual player stats.

It's where I sit.

I think the game clock should have been front and center and the play clock off to the side. The down and distance on the field is so unnecessary considering when you have that info on the score box itself. 

I saw, I came, I left.

I was kinda surprised they debuted the new graphics now instead of waiting until the fall. Typically Fox doesn't change their graphics during the Super Bowl or playoffs, unlike CBS and NBC. I got to assume CBS will roll out new graphics next year too since they've already used their current score bug/graphics for their last two Super Bowls, which is a rarity.

10 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I've never liked the down and distance on the field, but this was less obtrusive by having no background, so that makes it better.

There were a few people watching tonight who mistakenly saw the play clock and thought it was the game clock. I'm not sure how you 'fix' that.

I liked the more frequent use of updated individual player stats.

10 hours ago, DEAD! said:

I think the game clock should have been front and center and the play clock off to the side. The down and distance on the field is so unnecessary considering when you have that info on the score box itself. 

Count me in that group.  It happened to me several times.

With regard to the down and distance on the field, the biggest problem was the location, not the lack of a colored background.  Where it was placed, it was often obscured by players, depending on the formation.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

34 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

The only thing I did not care for and it may just be a Super Bowl thing was the comic book drawings of all the players when a TD happened. 

Same. I found myself greatly disliking that particular graphics package. But overall, I found everything else appealing. 

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

I loved it. Felt like the artist who made it actually put effort in to it unlike the previous package which felt thrown together in paint in 5 minutes. 

Hope there is a MLB counter part ready to go for the upcoming season on local Fox Sports channels. Seeing as I'm a Rays fan, and our local broadcaster is Fox Sports Sun. 

15 hours ago, kroywen said:

Overall I really like these graphics - clear, concise, easy to read, and don't take up too much space.

Not a fan of the down and distance marker on the field, or on the cartoon graphic that comes up whenever there's a touchdown.

I noticed that they didn't make one for every player, if you intend to do that, make one for every player, not just the stars. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The comic book illustrations of the players would have been nice to use only for pregame starting lineups. It almost felt like they couldn't get updated pictures of the players and resorted to paying an artist a few bucks to draw the players' likenesses.

27 minutes ago, fbjim said:

The bug itself is good but the massive TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! graphics are obnoxious. 

True, it looked like they half committed to doing a comic book theme or motif. If it was smaller like the size of the ticker during play, I think it could be better, but that would be just the font, minus the illustration.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived