MLB 2019-20 Fix 'Em Up: Minnesota Twins (Three Takes)

SFGiants58

Thanks for the C+C, guys! It's really improved the look.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:17 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

1. The Brewers should be using your version of the BiG.... that guy is perfection. You brought back the small quirks & charm from the old while using the actual fixes the new guy did fix of the BiG.... I love it & if I could buy merch of it, I'd wear it with pride. I was one of those at first who preferred the new placment of the ball at first as I was iffy on the B being too bottom heavy, but I've come around on that now seeing this. 

2. Love almost everything here besides that... not sure about the light blue numbers on the front of the Navy alt, but everything else is pretty spot on & is a nice variation of the Brew-Crew's new look. 

Thanks!

On 2/9/2020 at 1:01 PM, the admiral said:

Scalloping the roundel to make it a bottlecap is inspired as hell and I can't believe it eluded the actual designers, who fell ass-over-applecart drawing unnecessary brick-and-mortar patterns on things for Local Flavor. However, the ball-in-glove tweak of the tweak didn't address the logo no longer being formed by an m and a b, it's gotta have that weird ambiguous webbing that no one agrees on the true color of.

There's no fixing that Milwaukee script without starting over.

Thank you! It's something I had floating around in my previous concepts - I'm unashamed in my self-recycling! Unlike you, I love the machined "Milwaukee" script, so it's staying! It fits well with the font and is a modern take on the traditional form.

I incorporated the BiG tweak that you and @NicDB suggested, since the connector doesn't really fit with a glove's perspective.

spacer.png

If you're bending the thumb part over, the webbing wouldn't be as visible. Also, the webbing is distinct from the fingers, so it shouldn't be the same color. 

On 2/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, NicDB said:

Your BiG is definitely an improvement, but I would just take the original and color in the "pocket" so that it still retains the M and B shapes.  Maybe as a concession, you could center the ball and use the two-seam version, but I don't think that's necessary.

I think your roundel needs sharper edges to come across as a bottlecap.  I get more of a captain's wheel vibe from it as it is, which could be a wink and a nod to their origins as the Pilots if that's what you were going for. 

I would like the powder blue accents much more if you used the more muted shade that you have on your Sunday road alt.  I actually think your powder blue alts are backwards.  The more vibrant shade should be on the Sunday roads since that's closer to what they wore in the 80s (which is what I assume you're going for).

Not a fan of the contrasting front numbers.  Gold is just not a dark enough color to pull it off, IMO.  Even with the thick blue outline.  Worse, they get totally lost in the pinstriped alts.

I'm still not sure your underscore in the second version comes across as what it's supposed to.  Maybe try a single color version like in the Miller logo (but keep the outline)?

Anyway, those are my critiques/nitpicks.  Most of which I wouldn't think to make had you not set such a high bar for yourself.

Thank you so much! I've incorporate a bunch of your suggestions above, which really have made the set a lot better/more cohesive. I'm keeping the underscore highlights, since they add in a nice splash of color to an otherwise two-color mark.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:02 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Overall this is great but it has a key problem or two:

1. I don't think the light blue is going to show up well as the front number/NOB on the navy alternate jersey. I would just leave it gold or go with cream. 

2. Right now there are a total of 5 different shads of blue in the set. Two shades of darker blue and three shades of light blue, including two distinct pairs of light blue pants. Its trying to be all things to all people which was a trap the Brewers fell into. I would keep the dusky shade for the roads, drop the 70's style alternate roads, and the medium blue on the home pins. 

3. Minor issue but maybe consider swapping the gold and navy on the lettering for the People's flag alternate jersey. 

Thanks, @Carolingian Steamroller! I've incorporated a bunch of your comments as well, and I have the '70-'71 type road alternates ready!

spacer.png

I don't like it as much as the regulars, but it's a good look.

22 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I mostly like it but I have some differences.

1. I like your change of making the BiG shorter, but Id leave everything else the same.  Ironically enough, thats how the hats are and I think it looks perfect.

2. I'd prefer, if anything, to make the road sleeve piping match the current home uniform.

3. Blue with yellow outline numbers on everything and everywhere except for the navy jersey.

4. Id keep the original "Milwaukee" script on the away jersey.

5. Ditch the sky blue color and just roll with powder in every application.

6. I like your bottlecap logo but I'd keep the state outline logo.

7. Because Id rather have thick sleeve cuffs, Id also rather go without collar piping.

Thanks. I'm really not a fan of the thick cuffs (dated), the Wisconsin brick logo (a jumbled mess, and it's not the "Wisconsin Brewers"), or the "Milwaukee" wordmark (not condensed enough, unlike the '90s designs), so I'm not implementing them.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:54 PM, MJD7 said:

Good to see you're back! I’ll get right into my opinions on your designs:

I love the main Rangers set, as you said yourself the double-outlines are something they can really own. The retro alt in particular is beautiful.

I’m not as keen on PT. II, mostly because I feel like the slate & brick need some separation from each other, as they are both somewhat dark shades. You did this particularly well with your Project 32 iteration. Following the template of the main red & royal set, I would utilize sand to separate the two colors on the main home & away, as well as using white to separate the sand from the main wordmark color on both of the color alternates. Once again, the retro alternate is fantastic, however.

Thank you, @MJD7! It's good to be back. I wanted to go with double outlines initially, but they just looked too jumbled-y. Whenever I can, I like to eliminate double outlines. Still, the set looks good with them:

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

I'll tweak the post to include them as links, since I prefer single outlines.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:54 PM, MJD7 said:

For the Brewers, the condensed “W,” the updated BiG, and the royal pinstripes are all nice touches. However, I’m not a fan of the use of your sky blue in this set; it stands out more than the royal blue does, and in my opinion doesn’t merit use as a home alt or for accents on the navy, considering how little it is used on the main home & away. Like @Carolingian Steamroller, I think there are too many shades of blue at play, with the powder-tinted away and full-on powder away being added to the mix, not to mention the royal pinstripes. If it were me, I would drop the sky blue, either in its entirety or replacing it back with royal and reserving it to an accent on the logos and such. I would also make the away uniform a regular gray, while keeping the powder blue as an alternate option. Right now those two uniforms are just too similar to justify the need for both of them.

All in all, great work as always! Hope you’re doing well!

Thank you. I decided to average the powder shades while shifting the road to a regular grey. That way, the look is less jumbled. I'm not about to put royal and navy together on the same uniform, since I find that it looks dreadful (see the 2000s Bills). The powder brings it closer to the inspirations:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Powder and creme are colors that I like to associate with the city, alongside blue and yellow-gold. 

I'm doing decently enough, thanks for asking! I had a bit of an OCD/stimulus episode yesterday, posted some angsty mierda on other threads, and I'm trying to limit my use of the boards. It's for self-care.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers updates are on the previous page in full size, but just to port them over here:

n5KcuKF.png

Home & Road:

AuXLmuC.png ZqISY5F.png

ReHpTcb.png FQSEqty.png

DWxFLgN.png BhfAdYV.png

Script Set

kjarm5l.png a1mRwpP.png

dXNfWf6.png cFg8cmi.png

OR2A5JH.png cCu1mb1.png

(Error jacket here)

See you guys next with the Padres, then the Diamondbacks, Pirates, Twins, and a few more!

Loving everything about the updates to the new set. It's pretty much exactly what the Brewers should have done. I like that you've restrained the use of powder blue, yet still established it as a team color. I've saud before, the Blue Moon colors are perfect for the Brewers (who happen to play in the shadow of a landmark known as the Polish Moon).

Much better. While the last shade of sky blue for the Brewers just looked too strong, this new shade works beautifully as both a softball top and full-road alternate. While I would have preferred you stuck with the original lighter powder shade, this does not look bad either.

I also think the double outlines for the Rangers are an improvement.

Also, self-care is good! I’m glad to hear, I support it.

Thanks, guys! Now it's the Padres' turn.

SAN DIEGO PADRES, PT. I - Down for the Brown (& Yellow-Gold)!

When the Padres unveiled their new set, it was one of the most substantial upgrades in recent memory. The team did something right for once in returning to brown & yellow-gold, alongside a modern take on pinstripes (trim on the edges and sand road uniforms), a cleaned-up version of Petcopark.ttf, and a no-frills brown jersey. The brown became the perfect shade as well, not photographing too light, too green, or too gaudy (no Taco Bell hats helps).

Heck, I said just as much during the reveal:

Keeping up the Gibb family comparison, I'd liken it to the first of the disco albums:

It revives a struggling band/brand, brings along a lot of new elements that elevate the set, and breaks away from the previous creative pain. It may have its origins in a time that faced huge backlash (1969-the '70s), but time has proven that it can hold up and be a classic.

However, that isn’t to say there aren’t any issues. The team categorized the sand pinstripes as an alternate instead of the primary, made the “PADRES” wordmark too big, and had a bit of an issue with using white outlines on brown backgrounds (despite some graphics not doing this). These would all need fixing.

I’ve done some fix-ups on the logos, with the first significant change coming from the implementation of the ’90s-2011 friar. I like him far more than the original, as he’s much easier to center. The roundel friar is now the primary, while an outlined “SD” is now the secondary. 

3lKcGmh.png

The sand pinstripes are now the road uniform, while the new friar is on the left sleeve. The socks now have two yellow-gold stripes (unlike the revealed set), to avoid white/yellow mixing. The home wordmark has shrunken a bit.

Z5uDDsH.png

The brown jersey now has an occasional alternate cap, while also shedding white outlines. 

aSxsc4y.png

I decided to keep the Military Appreciation Sunday uniforms due to people in the market liking it/my desire to push Inkscape’s clipping function to its limit. USMC and Navy camo options are here (I got the MARPAT patterns from this link).

JLjM4jb.png

There are both primary and “Military Appreciation Sunday” jackets (although Sunday afternoons in San Diego would likely mean limited use for the outerwear). 

nl0WJFS.png WhYB5Ks.png

The Padres don’t need much to look their best since the 1969-71 design. It’s good to see the team finally assert their identity in a way that sets them apart from the rest of MLB.

PT. II - Nudge of NOLA

One of the issues some of us had with the set was the Padres updating Petcopark.ttf (Petcoparknova.otf?), such as @the admiral.

On 11/10/2019 at 3:11 PM, the admiral said:

The font is definitely improved, but I think it's just a bugbear of mine from, like I said, years of board concepts that were just recoloring the shampoo script and the bowtie into brown and gold. There were a lot, and that soured me on the remnants of the 2004 redesign (which, for the most part, I did like, and could have lived with as the terminal Padres set until they messed with it too much and it fell apart). 

I get that we have some PTSD from people doing lazy recolors of the 2004-2015 “shampoo” script/bowtie-or-arched wordmarks in brown/yellow (like me back in 2011 (barf)). However, I’d argue that the overhaul makes the typeface work in the classic colors. It still would have been a boon to update to a new font.

By “new font,” I mean NOLA 2014. This font, designed for the 2014 NBA All-Star Game, started life in my Project 32 Padres concept. I modified the font further for this redesign, with a new “S” in the wordmarks, no oversized letters, and a substantial tweak of the number font (old on top, new on bottom - thanks @MJD7 for the consult - I replaced the incorrect PNG render):

XteIM7T.png

The new font gets a bit of the “Spanish Mission”/Gaslamp Quarter look down, with no connection to Petcopark.ttf. It can work in brown/yellow without calling to mind the scourge of recolors!

The logo set is the same, albeit updated for the new font.

H2tBzfS.png

The home/road set is much the same as the initial take.

CfQi57H.png

The alternates now include an attempt to do a Military Appreciation Sunday uniform tastefully (camo isn’t tastefully, sorry guys). The Padres’ “Military Appreciation Logo” (at the center of the picture) is now on the right sleeve of the regular home uniform, while the left sleeve has the American flag patch. The cap is my take on the ‘91-’03/’16 design since it’s a popular design among some fans (also, contrast-colored bills look like ass on pinstriped uniforms). The brown jersey now follows the pattern of the Friars’ Spring Training uniforms. (The original with its messed-up NOB font is linked here.)

yl8toBn.png

The jacket adopts the new font.

rV9N7iW.png

The Padres’ template could support a new font, one that divorces itself from the worst team to win a division, the kickstarting of a rival’s mini-dynasty, and years of ineptitude. It also demonstrates a tastefully way to do military appreciation without camo! C+C is appreciated, as always.

Up next, the Diamondbacks!

10 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Thanks, guys! Now it's the Padres' turn.

SAN DIEGO PADRES, PT. I - Down for the Brown (& Yellow-Gold)!

When the Padres unveiled their new set, it was one of the most substantial upgrades in recent memory. The team did something right for once in returning to brown & yellow-gold, alongside a modern take on pinstripes (trim on the edges and sand road uniforms), a cleaned-up version of Petcopark.ttf, and a no-frills brown jersey. The brown became the perfect shade as well, not photographing too light, too green, or too gaudy (no Taco Bell hats helps).

Heck, I said just as much during the reveal:

Keeping up the Gibb family comparison, I'd liken it to the first of the disco albums:

It revives a struggling band/brand, brings along a lot of new elements that elevate the set, and breaks away from the previous creative pain. It may have its origins in a time that faced huge backlash (1969-the '70s), but time has proven that it can hold up and be a classic.

However, that isn’t to say there aren’t any issues. The team categorized the sand pinstripes as an alternate instead of the primary, made the “PADRES” wordmark too big, and had a bit of an issue with using white outlines on brown backgrounds (despite some graphics not doing this). These would all need fixing.

I’ve done some fix-ups on the logos, with the first significant change coming from the implementation of the ’90s-2011 friar. I like him far more than the original, as he’s much easier to center. The roundel friar is now the primary, while an outlined “SD” is now the secondary. 

3lKcGmh.png

The sand pinstripes are now the road uniform, while the new friar is on the left sleeve. The socks now have two yellow-gold stripes (unlike the revealed set), to avoid white/yellow mixing. The home wordmark has shrunken a bit.

Z5uDDsH.png

The brown jersey now has an occasional alternate cap, while also shedding white outlines. 

aSxsc4y.png

I decided to keep the Military Appreciation Sunday uniforms due to people in the market liking it/my desire to push Inkscape’s clipping function to its limit. USMC and Navy camo options are here (I got the MARPAT patterns from this link).

JLjM4jb.png

There are both primary and “Military Appreciation Sunday” jackets (although Sunday afternoons in San Diego would likely mean limited use for the outerwear). 

nl0WJFS.png WhYB5Ks.png

The Padres don’t need much to look their best since the 1969-71 design. It’s good to see the team finally assert their identity in a way that sets them apart from the rest of MLB.

PT. II - Nudge of NOLA

One of the issues some of us had with the set was the Padres updating Petcopark.ttf (Petcoparknova.otf?), such as @the admiral.

I get that we have some PTSD from people doing lazy recolors of the 2004-2015 “shampoo” script/bowtie-or-arched wordmarks in brown/yellow (like me back in 2011 (barf)). However, I’d argue that the overhaul makes the typeface work in the classic colors. It still would have been a boon to update to a new font.

By “new font,” I mean NOLA 2014. This font, designed for the 2014 NBA All-Star Game, started life in my Project 32 Padres concept. I modified the font further for this redesign, with a new “S” in the wordmarks, no oversized letters, and a substantial tweak of the number font (old on top, new on bottom - thanks @MJD7 for the consult - I replaced the incorrect PNG render):

XteIM7T.png

The new font gets a bit of the “Spanish Mission”/Gaslamp Quarter look down, with no connection to Petcopark.ttf. It can work in brown/yellow without calling to mind the scourge of recolors!

The logo set is the same, albeit updated for the new font.

H2tBzfS.png

The home/road set is much the same as the initial take.

CfQi57H.png

The alternates now include an attempt to do a Military Appreciation Sunday uniform tastefully (camo isn’t tastefully, sorry guys). The Padres’ “Military Appreciation Logo” (at the center of the picture) is now on the right sleeve of the regular home uniform, while the left sleeve has the American flag patch. The cap is my take on the ‘91-’03/’16 design since it’s a popular design among some fans (also, contrast-colored bills look like ass on pinstriped uniforms). The brown jersey now follows the pattern of the Friars’ Spring Training uniforms.

Sc2FMji.png

The jacket adopts the new font.

rV9N7iW.png

The Padres’ template could support a new font, one that divorces itself from the worst team to win a division, the kickstarting of a rival’s mini-dynasty, and years of ineptitude. It also demonstrates a tastefully way to do military appreciation without camo! C+C is appreciated, as always.

Up next, the Diamondbacks!

GET HATCLUB ON THE LINE! HE GOT ANOTHER HIT! The white logo brown cap yellow brim is hella clean! 

Salute to you! Keep the hits coming!

On 2/21/2020 at 4:38 AM, Gothamite said:

Not for the first time do I wish I could buy the caps, jerseys, and jackets from your concept. 

Thanks!

On 2/21/2020 at 7:31 AM, bcon_731 said:

GET HATCLUB ON THE LINE! HE GOT ANOTHER HIT! The white logo brown cap yellow brim is hella clean! 

Salute to you! Keep the hits coming!

On 2/21/2020 at 7:38 AM, Gothamite said:

I know, right?

A great play on the classic baseball look of the Braves/A’s. 

Thanks! I figured that it'd be a perfect alternate look that goes for a traditional aesthetic. It not only works more gold into the set, but it also avoids the contrast-colored interlocking logo. While I know it was a PCL/'90s design that still has some defenders, I've never liked how the two letters competed for attention and how it doesn't work as well on a white background. 

On 2/21/2020 at 11:07 AM, Paul Lucas said:

Excellent work, yet again. 
I wonder how the ‘Getaway’ uniform (with that dope-ass hat) would look with white pants.

Thanks. I've got that design right here (along with my "insignia" brown alternate).

fzcDPre.png

I've also got PCL/1969-84 variants of both cap logos:

Vmmwm6u.png

I'm not as keen on it as the main insignia, especially for the NOLA 2014 style. Still, I might re-do the set with it. 

The Diamondbacks will be up next, with two takes. The first is my attempt to "fix up" what they have now while the second will take the '98-'06 identity and give it the Blue Jays/Astros/Padres/Brewers treatment. 

You know a team has a great set if SFGiants58 doesn’t really do much to change it! To be honest, the brown cap with the gold bill looks gorgeous, but I don’t see the need to use it with anything other than the home white pants. I also love the “insignia” brown alternate, it’s much better without the white outline.

I'm loving these creations so much!

The bottle cap roundel and the two tone underscore on the Brewers is really inspired stuff.

The NOLA font works for the Padres very well.  I can't help but feel the Padres must have the two colored letters on all their hats.  Of course I like variety, so maybe the solid yellow color for alternates? Or the yellow bill?  Not sure, but this is as iconic Padres to me as the brown and yellow color scheme. Excited for that to come together.

spacer.png

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS, PT. I - Turquoise Delight

The Diamondbacks made an excellent identity update for the 2020 season. Their previously gaudy uniforms (designed with consultations by Under Armor or Nike, depending on which poster you quote) got a substantial tweak. Gone are the sublimated snakeskin patterns on the sleeves and sides, while the grey is back to a lighter shade (much brighter now, at #b3b3b3). The team has also dumped the sublimated caps and the D-snake (good - I've never liked it). Unfortunately, they have made some errors. They didn't make the turquoise universal in the set, while also dumping the delightful 2001 World Series throwbacks (scroll down)"D-Backs" sadly survives as well. If we're keeping up the Gibb family comparison, I'll compare it to 1974's Mr. Natural:

It's a big step forward in fixing the problems with the previous entries (embracing R&B, Arif Mardin producing, and getting the "nothing to lose" mentality). However, there is still some way to go before everything is "mended." Well, let's mend it!

The first big step I took was to recreate the Diamondbacks' 2016-present number font (the NoB font is still their 2007 one, per this Bēhance page). I've also added a version with thicker outlines for this project. Contact me if you want it since it's one of the few fonts that hasn't had a proper vector treatment. I've also created a front number variant because these numerals are too tall/narrow for jersey fronts.

wQRxgm2.pngXX1MIcu.png

Snake Turquoise (Pantone 7467 C/#00A3AD), a darker shade than the one currently used (Pantone 319 C/#2DCCD3), now appears in all of the logos. The snake-ball now has sand teeth, since turquoise fangs aren't exactly "natural." I also made the wordmark more prominent in the identity.

m4SCxJl.png

The uniforms now feature tri-color striping, with Snake Turquoise never touching Sedona Red. I put the "A" on the home uniform (it has the most brand equity of any mark in their brand), while also reducing the NoB's to one-color. Caps now feature red bills, since they share a division with two teams that feature black (the Giants and the Rockies). Numbers now have two outlines of the same size. The road uniform has an inverted color scheme (red with black and turquoise strokes), while the wordmark now has thicker outlines and wider kerning. Socks feature two broad red stripes with three small turquoise stripes flanking them (but not touching). 

IAsXG87.png

The alternates now feature a Sedona Red jersey that is Snake Turquoise-heavy. It has red accessories throughout, with adjusted sock stripes to fit the color scheme. The black jersey now features the "Arizona" wordmark. EDIT: Original with all-red cap linked here.

OyQ7dUx.png

The second set of alternates includes the return of the 2001 World Series throwback, which is a must-have. There is now a proper Latino Heritage alternate that uses Snake Turquoise as the body color. Instead of "Los D-Backs," it is now "Crótalos." Crótalos is Spanish for rattlesnakes ("Serpientes de Cascabel" is too, but good luck with fitting that on a shirt), which is what Diamondback Snakes (Crotalus atrox) are. It also features the patterned trim of the delightful 1998-2002 purple 1998-2006 and black jerseys.

XINdBmD.png

The jackets feature some appropriate patterned trim, with the purple/black one being a Project 32 reuse. EDIT: Original with all-red cap here.

cgoCCUk.png 2jU2tZA.png

Now, the Diamondbacks can unlock the full potential of their current branding! However, the Diamondbacks brand, as a whole, has a much higher potential. Let Mike from Basically a Sports Show say his piece:

On 11/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, IceCap said:

The World Series home uniform was the best they've every looked. The road uniform was garbage of course, but that shouldn't stop them from going back to the home uniform that era and building a new road identity to go with it.

Hmm...

Beautiful work as always! That teal alt is just spectacular.

One small suggestion I have is for the Sedona red alt. I’d go with black undersleeves and a black bill on the cap. The all red look is a bit much. 

Really can’t wait for Pt. 2!!

I think it's hard to really improve on what the D-backs did this off season, i think they look the best they've ever looked right now. Part of that is the sand color they've emphasized over teal. So in all honesty I can't say this is an improvement, I like your home and road, and the throwback and the teal alt looks gorgeous, I like the Crótalos script too (although i think Culebras is the translation I hear and use commonly so it might work better.) But the teal A logo on red isn't the best and and I don't think the neon-like affect on the black uniforms work either. In general the red and teal is a hard combo to get to work and that's why I think they nailed it with the sand this off season. So if i had to update your set; I'd replace the teal with sand on your home and road, change the red set to a white ARIZONA word mark and put the snake head alt on the cap like irl, and replace the teal with sand on the black alt. I think you could keep the teal jersey however as a special promotional jersey. All in all, i really like this concept, and it's definitely an improvement to what the d-backs had from 16-20. It might not be my style but it's one of my favorite teal d-backs concepts I've seen so good job! Your pads concept is stellar as well.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 2/25/2020 at 6:54 PM, SFGiants58 said:

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS, PT. I - Turquoise Delight

The Diamondbacks made an excellent identity update for the 2020 season. Their previously gaudy uniforms (designed with consultations by Under Armor or Nike, depending on which poster you quote) got a substantial tweak. Gone are the sublimated snakeskin patterns on the sleeves and sides, while the grey is back to a lighter shade (much brighter now, at #b3b3b3). The team has also dumped the sublimated caps and the D-snake (good - I've never liked it). Unfortunately, they have made some errors. They didn't make the turquoise universal in the set, while also dumping the delightful 2001 World Series throwbacks (scroll down)"D-Backs" sadly survives as well. If we're keeping up the Gibb family comparison, I'll compare it to 1974's Mr. Natural:

It's a big step forward in fixing the problems with the previous entries (embracing R&B, Arif Mardin producing, and getting the "nothing to lose" mentality). However, there is still some way to go before everything is "mended." Well, let's mend it!

The first big step I took was to recreate the Diamondbacks' 2016-present number font (the NoB font is still their 2007 one, per this Bēhance page). I've also added a version with thicker outlines for this project. Contact me if you want it since it's one of the few fonts that hasn't had a proper vector treatment. I've also created a front number variant because these numerals are too tall/narrow for jersey fronts.

wQRxgm2.pngXX1MIcu.png

Snake Turquoise (Pantone 7467 C/#00A3AD), a darker shade than the one currently used (Pantone 319 C/#2DCCD3), now appears in all of the logos. The snake-ball now has sand teeth, since turquoise fangs aren't exactly "natural." I also made the wordmark more prominent in the identity.

m4SCxJl.png

The uniforms now feature tri-color striping, with Snake Turquoise never touching Sedona Red. I put the "A" on the home uniform (it has the most brand equity of any mark in their brand), while also reducing the NoB's to one-color. Caps now feature red bills, since they share a division with two teams that feature black (the Giants and the Rockies). Numbers now have two outlines of the same size. The road uniform has an inverted color scheme (red with black and turquoise strokes), while the wordmark now has thicker outlines and wider kerning. Socks feature two broad red stripes with three small turquoise stripes flanking them (but not touching). 

IAsXG87.png

The alternates now feature a Sedona Red jersey that is Snake Turquoise-heavy. It has red accessories throughout, with adjusted sock stripes to fit the color scheme. The black jersey now features the "Arizona" wordmark.

aRf3h77.png

The second set of alternates includes the return of the 2001 World Series throwback, which is a must-have. There is now a proper Latino Heritage alternate that uses Snake Turquoise as the body color. Instead of "Los D-Backs," it is now "Crótalos." Crótalos is Spanish for rattlesnakes ("Serpientes de Cascabel" is too, but good luck with fitting that on a shirt), which is what Diamondback Snakes (Crotalus atrox) are. It also features the patterned trim of the delightful 1998-2002 purple 1998-2006 and black jerseys.

XINdBmD.png

The jackets feature some appropriate patterned trim, with the purple/black one being a Project 32 reuse

Q5okliG.png 2jU2tZA.png

Now, the Diamondbacks can unlock the full potential of their current branding! However, the Diamondbacks brand, as a whole, has a much higher potential. Let Mike from Basically a Sports Show say his piece:

Hmm...

You keep doing a great job, Salute to you! But I have to ask which team is the hardest for you to redesign? 

Archived