Sonic Drive-In new logo

TrueYankee26

I am stunned so many like it.

I think it looks really bad, it loses what the old one was going for, now it looks like sonic in a crappy font (Seriously the new S looks horrible) in a weird ass shape, and they stripped away too many colors.

They should've just went full bore with the previous simplified version since you could still tell it was the atom type shapes behind the logo.

I like it, but is it supposed to be two overlapping rounded triangles, or is it a bowtie?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That "S" ain't working...rest of it is aiight, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Sonic has needed a new logo, but this wasn't the right solution. The shape is less dynamic than before, the font is a total mishmash of ugly letters, and the colors are a little too minimal. What a missed opportunity. 

spacer.png

It ceases to be Googie if it's not two overlapping rounded chevrons with neon-inspired outlines, but one big rounded X. They lost the plot. It was supposed to be retro.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I am stunned so many like it.

I think it looks really bad, it loses what the old one was going for, now it looks like sonic in a crappy font (Seriously the new S looks horrible) in a weird ass shape, and they stripped away too many colors.

They should've just went full bore with the previous simplified version since you could still tell it was the atom type shapes behind the logo.

yep, same here. it looks really amateurish. this looks like a dog bone or something.

spacer.png

I live by and consume food from a Sonic regularly, so I'm sure I'll be seeing this plenty. In fact, Sonic is the only food rewards/ordering app I even have on my phone.

As the logo, I actually really love the font, but the outline looks like a misshapen bowtie to me. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like it.  The S doesn't fit with the other characters.  Or the C - one of the two needs to change.

I also feel it went too simple with the background shapes.  They could've removed the yellow background and done yellow outlines of the shapes behind the SONIC text.

Archived