2020 NFL Fixer Upper Concept Series

Mattyice

4 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Yeah and the usage of different numbers, not just 00, so we could know the number fonts better.

I'll do so on the final 6 concepts. I'm thinking of changing the numbers to the team establishment dates for variety-sake.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Los Angeles Express (Formerly the Chargers): So in my honest and likely controversial opinion, I think the only way the Chargers franchise stays relevant in Los Angeles is to do a full re-brand and rename (but not change the color scheme) like the Oilers did after a few years in Tennessee. I hearkened back to the USFL franchise to select the same "Express", which should resonate with a few residents of LA while intriguing others. Either way, it gives LA a team that feels like they actually own it, while maintaining the fantastic color scheme of the Chargers. Pretty much everything here is new, so not much else to explain. Let me know if you'd prefer me do a more traditional redesign maintaining the Chargers name, or if you like this rename and idea.

50At7J0.jpg

NYC x STL

Miami Dolphins: Like with the Broncos, I took a bit of a best-of approach with the Dolphins. The biggest change obviously comes in the form of the logo, which reverts to the old form factor used from the team's inception til the mid-2010s, which was a lot more beloved. However, I blend the designs of the dolphins across eras to make what I see as a near perfect primary for the team. Uniform-wise, the biggest change comes in the form of the jersey, which takes inspiration from the Super Bowl era and the throwback the team currently uses, with the pattern from said jerseys being implemented into the sleeves and socks. However, I do maintain the font currently used, which I think is a good blend of modern and classy. Gone as well is the teal pant, which just doesn't look as good as just having a white pant for both uniforms.

aPpbvZ3.jpg

NYC x STL

New York Giants: The Giants set receives some minor alterations and is more of a switching around than anything else. First, most notably, the color rush/fauxback set is promoted to the main road uniform with only minor alterations to the sleeves, while the current road uniform is demoted to the third jersey with no alterations to the jersey itself nor the pant. The pant from the "new" road jersey is also carried over to the home jersey, replacing the previous white pant design. However, the stripe flips in terms of color, with the blue becoming the in-stripe and red becoming the out-stripe to better line up with the sleeves and numbers, while also featuring blue more prominently. All of the jerseys swap the NY primary logo on the chest for the Giants wordmark/secondary. Additionally, the helmet dumps the gray face-mask in favor of a white one to line up with the uniforms. 

fb21bc2.jpg

The final three are coming up and will be done soon!

NYC x STL

I'd personally move the TV Numbers back to the Sleeves on the Home and Road Jerseys, with the Road Striping moving to the Sleeve Cuffs like their current Throwback does.

da0Lbhs.png

3 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Would do that, but with NFL helmet rules, it has to be one of either white or gray :(

The chiefs wore grey face masks with their throwback this year? I’m pretty sure you can wear different color facemaks, as long as the helmet is the same color

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

21 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The chiefs wore grey face masks with their throwback this year? I’m pretty sure you can wear different color facemaks, as long as the helmet is the same color

Didn't know that! Here is it with the road third featuring the old gray face mask then. I'm still currently in favor of keeping the location of the TV numbers because of the fact it'd look awkward for it to be different between the sets, and obviously it wouldn't work for at the very minimum the third.

efIYD8U.jpg

NYC x STL

Detroit Lions: I love so much about the Lions' brand, but there were a few things that needed to be fixed. The blue pant is eliminated entirely, as I felt it was superfluous and just looks so much worse than the great gray pant. Furthermore, the numbers and sleeves on the home uniform are now white with a silver outline, which look far more clean. The sleeves are also fixed on the gray third to white with a blue outline to match the numbers. The strange "Lions" and WCF on the sleeves are also cut for cleanliness purposes (plus I don't think William Ford should be honored the same way Lamar Hunt and George Halas are, since the Lions were not successful at all under his tenure). Finally, white is also added as an accent to the pant and face-mask, which I think also makes the uniform look far more polished. 

l9rgXzO.jpg

NYC x STL

• 2 weeks later...

After an extended break, I'm finally back for the final two. One with minimal changes, one with a lot of changes...

Washington Redskins: Most of the changes with the Skins' brand are very minor. However, a major change I made was to the primary, which removes the rather stereotypical depiction of a Native American (plus it was always really weird for both the circle and the character to have the feathers). Thus, I brought the modern "R" alternate the team uses to the primary to make the logo a bit less racist and more modern. The black outline around the feathers is also replaced by the team's beautiful crimson. Outside of the logo replacement on the helmet, the home uniform receives no changes as I find it near perfect as is, while the road uniform receives minor changes to match the home set's style (namely the white collar and white socks).

Zsh0isn.jpg

Cincinnati Bengals: Last but not least come the Bengals. The logo set plays the old switcharoo, where the primary and secondary logos swap places. However, the uniforms get a complete refresh. First, the number font is altered to a wider, bolder font and the ugly drop shadow is eliminated in favor of a more traditional outline. The road uniform's numbers though are orange for the first time, as I wanted that color to be more prominent. The striping pattern is cleaned up and simplified on the sleeve, while the pant pattern remains similar but is now angular, rather than curved. The collar on all uniforms is changed to match the color of the uniform. Finally, the hideous orange shoulders of the road uniform are eliminated to improve cleanliness and match the home and third sets. 

MIK7Z5G.jpg

Had a nice time making this series and I hope you enjoyed/agreed with what I did to all 32 teams! Stay safe out there!

NYC x STL

Archived