KK Tamiš - Concept logo

-DASH

Hello people, it's good to be back on this forum after couple of years. Recently I designed a logo for my hometown team who is competing in top tier of the Serbian basketball league. Since everything on the logo is in my language, I will explain you everything you need to know.

The small letters means basketball club which is common thing to be written in most of our logos (we don't have team nicknames written in the logo). The main word TAMIŠ is the name of the river that goes through my hometown and as you can guess, the team name. Therefore, below the name is the basketball flowing on waves sort of. I have designed this 1 month ago and still can't figure out if I like it or not. I would appreciate every feedback, opinion, critics and comments. Please don't be discouraged to comment even if the logo is not from usual leagues :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

All in all, I think this is pretty nice. One thing I would suggest trying out — and it might not work — is having the lines of the basketball match up with the lines of the waves. Does that make any sense? Like, if you keep the waves they are, then the basketball lines could be redrawn to match up and make it all look more cohesive.

I would also try to cut down on the number of colours you're using. Currently you have five shades of blue, white, light grey and the red-orange. You could cut that down to two shades of blue — one dark and one light — by making all the river waves the same color, a light blue, and getting rid of the shadow under the wordmark, which might not be necessary. You could use the same light blue from the waves in the highlight on "TAMIS" as well to get rid of the light grey. I do like the red-orange colour, though; it's not one you see very often. 

14 hours ago, officeglenn said:

All in all, I think this is pretty nice. One thing I would suggest trying out — and it might not work — is having the lines of the basketball match up with the lines of the waves. Does that make any sense? Like, if you keep the waves they are, then the basketball lines could be redrawn to match up and make it all look more cohesive.

I would also try to cut down on the number of colours you're using. Currently you have five shades of blue, white, light grey and the red-orange. You could cut that down to two shades of blue — one dark and one light — by making all the river waves the same color, a light blue, and getting rid of the shadow under the wordmark, which might not be necessary. You could use the same light blue from the waves in the highlight on "TAMIS" as well to get rid of the light grey. I do like the red-orange colour, though; it's not one you see very often. 

Thanks fellow Gunner! I tried like 8 other ball line positions, but haven't tried that one you suggested. I will give it a go, why not. For the 5 shades of blue, my initial design was based on having what you suggested but in the end I didn't liked it, logo felt in need of more colors and I wanted more colors so I can use them on the jersey design as well :) Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely keep in mind what you said!

COYG!

spacer.png

Its really pretty good. I like the multiple shades of blue, they will make for a lot of uniform options. I think you could drop the light grey/silver though. My only real complaint is the two big empty spaces on either sid of the basketball. Not sure how to fix it though, maybe extend the height of the letters, maybe just shorten the drop shadow, idk. Overall though its really nice, well done.

20 hours ago, officeglenn said:

I agree with this 💯. There are too many unnecessary colors, although the logo is great. Pick two blues (one lighter, one darker) to go along with the color of the ball and white.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• 11 months later...

Hello! I like to revisit my old designs to see the progress in my work. Here is the new version after one year of posting the original one. Left one is the one I did one year ago, right one is the one I did over last ouple of days. C&C very wellcomed!

spacer.png

spacer.png

16 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

I’d say it’s an upgrade. You managed to simplify everything without sacrificing clarity, the new font for the wordmark is nice, the way everything meshes together is great.

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to hear simple yet very constructive criticism!

spacer.png

Archived