AAFL: 1988--? New uniform template p. 6

WideRight

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I reveal the 2 expansion teams for 1991, it was also announced at the owners' meeting that the Oakland Sharks would become the Golden Bay Sharks and would play a split schedule between Cal's Memorial Stadium, San Jose State's Spartan Stadium, and San Francisco's Candlestick Park.  Apparently issues with the Oakland-Alameda Stadium became too much to handle. 

The newly dubbed team went for a more California and less Raiders vibe with their new look, pulling some inspiration from the Oakland Invaders color scheme, but going with a very 1990's primary teal color, with navy and "Sunshine Gold".  Here is the revised logo and the new "Californicated" uniform. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

And now, the first of two 1991 expansion teams. The Philadelphia Freedom will be coached by former Eagles DC Jeff Fischer, a young up and coming coach.  They will play in Franklin Field, and, after the expansion draft, their top players are 2nd year QB Neil O'Donell, RB D.J. Dozier, WR Michael Haynes, and DT John Randle.  Good looking rookies are S Louis Riddick, RB Curvin Richards, and a hotheaded young QB who may compete with O'Donnell, Southern Miss's Brett Favre.  

Here is the look for the Philadelphia Freedom.  Based on some colonial period uniforms, and featuring the Liberty Bell as their primary logo, the Freedom will wear Navy, Columbia Blue and Metallic Gold uniforms.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Texas gets a second team, as the Houston Apollos make their AAFL debut in 1991.   Coached by former Texas and Purdue head man, Fred Akers, the Apollos will be led on the field by QB David Archer, a RB corps with Lorenzo Hampton, Tim Worley and Mike Pringle.  Their receivers are led by Tony Martin and Hart Lee Dykes.  On defense, the team captains are LB Gary Plummer and Bill Romanowski.  Their rookie class includes TCU cornerback Larry Brown, Louisville QB Browning Nagle, and Michigan State D-Tackle Bobby Wilson. 

The Apollos pay tribute to the aerospace industry in Houston with NASA inspired Deep Royal and Orange uniforms.  The primary logo shows a football in orbit around the moon, all contained by a futuristic "A".  The Uniforms feature shoulder stripes and a custom font.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are both pretty great, i love the work you put into your leagues. Whatever happened to your USFL thread on here?  That was such a great story and had a lot of great concept work. I wanted to take another look at it 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

Quick question for the group.  It is 1992 and the AAFL has to add another East division team and a Central/North division team. 

Boston seems the obvious choice for the East (with NY, Philly and DC), but the Midwest (DET, CHI, STL) has a few options.  Which city would you expect to get a team in 1992?  Why do they deserve it?

Twin Cities

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Columbus

Milwaukee

Kansas City

I have a few ideas, depending on where I put the team, but just not sure yet. 

3 hours ago, mvk said:

I think Milwaukee would be a good option.  Wouldn’t mind Columbus but the Ohio Glory were started in 1992.  Maybe in this timeline, Columbus gets an AAFL team instead.

With the competition from the AAFL neither the WLAF nor arenaball ever happen in this reality.  

While your designs are cool, your logos and some uniform designs are too modern for the time period youre attempting to create for. I'd suggest takibg a look at designs from them for inspiration

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

48 minutes ago, Telemundo219 said:

While your designs are cool, your logos and some uniform designs are too modern for the time period youre attempting to create for. I'd suggest takibg a look at designs from them for inspiration

He explained this earlier. I suggest you go back and read why.

6on7h5.jpg

16 hours ago, WideRight said:

Quick question for the group.  It is 1992 and the AAFL has to add another East division team and a Central/North division team. 

Boston seems the obvious choice for the East (with NY, Philly and DC), but the Midwest (DET, CHI, STL) has a few options.  Which city would you expect to get a team in 1992?  Why do they deserve it?

Twin Cities

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Columbus

Milwaukee

Kansas City

I have a few ideas, depending on where I put the team, but just not sure yet. 

I’m all about Ohio but I’d pick Columbus 

6on7h5.jpg

Archived