Jump to content

New women's ultimate league


CaliforniaGlowin
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:
I'm not an ultimate fan but I'll check it out.

 

Ultimate frisbee is an absolutely remarkable spectator sport. The disc is big enough and slow-moving enough that following the action is easy. In these respects, it is the anti-hockey.

 

And the players move in ways that are so balletic and so satisfying. Every few seconds there is a play that combines the majesty of a long bomb in football with the grace of Willie Mays running down a fly ball. And then there are the diving catches, which happen several times a game. 

 

So you should watch as much of this sport as you can, and you will soon be an ultimate fan.

 

While the AUDL has had plenty of female players, I am also pleased to see the formation of the Premier Ultimate League in the east and this new Western Ultimate League.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, my thoughts are :

1: I wish Seattle’s Light and Dark didn’t differ so much.

2: wouldn’t it have been better if the snake on Arizona’s jerseys wrapped around instead of it being all in the front?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2020 at 7:12 PM, Blindsay said:

Well, my thoughts are :

1: I wish Seattle’s Light and Dark didn’t differ so much.

2: wouldn’t it have been better if the snake on Arizona’s jerseys wrapped around instead of it being all in the front?

sounds strange but i was thinking exactly the same! we should sign a petition for them to change it. or at least write them letters with recommendations.

lately i found myself watching womens league much more like appetizers, lol... dunno why

Edited by Homelly
grammar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, chakfu said:

So weird to brand the sport as ultimate and not ultimate frisbee.  As if they could trademark or monopolize the word ultimate without explaining that it was frisbee related.

 

The word "frisbee" ‚ÄĒ more properly, "Frisbee" ‚ÄĒ is a trademark owned by Wham-O.¬†

The world "ultimate" is short for the sport's full name "ultimate disc", as seen in the name of the AUDL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

The word "frisbee" ‚ÄĒ more properly, "Frisbee" ‚ÄĒ is a trademark owned by Wham-O.¬†

The world "ultimate" is short for the sport's full name "ultimate disc", as seen in the name of the AUDL.

 

Furthermore, Wham-Os "frisbee" isn't used in really any form of organized ultimate, either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Homelly said:

sounds strange but i was thinking exactly the same! we should sign a petition for them to change it. or at least write them letters with recommendations.

lately i found myself watching womens league much more. dunno why

I’m in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.