New women's ultimate league

CaliforniaGlowin

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:
I'm not an ultimate fan but I'll check it out.

Ultimate frisbee is an absolutely remarkable spectator sport. The disc is big enough and slow-moving enough that following the action is easy. In these respects, it is the anti-hockey.

And the players move in ways that are so balletic and so satisfying. Every few seconds there is a play that combines the majesty of a long bomb in football with the grace of Willie Mays running down a fly ball. And then there are the diving catches, which happen several times a game. 

So you should watch as much of this sport as you can, and you will soon be an ultimate fan.

While the AUDL has had plenty of female players, I am also pleased to see the formation of the Premier Ultimate League in the east and this new Western Ultimate League.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, my thoughts are :

1: I wish Seattle’s Light and Dark didn’t differ so much.

2: wouldn’t it have been better if the snake on Arizona’s jerseys wrapped around instead of it being all in the front?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 4/1/2020 at 7:12 PM, Blindsay said:

Well, my thoughts are :

1: I wish Seattle’s Light and Dark didn’t differ so much.

2: wouldn’t it have been better if the snake on Arizona’s jerseys wrapped around instead of it being all in the front?

sounds strange but i was thinking exactly the same! we should sign a petition for them to change it. or at least write them letters with recommendations.

lately i found myself watching womens league much more like appetizers, lol... dunno why

18 hours ago, chakfu said:

So weird to brand the sport as ultimate and not ultimate frisbee.  As if they could trademark or monopolize the word ultimate without explaining that it was frisbee related.

The word "frisbee" — more properly, "Frisbee" — is a trademark owned by Wham-O. 

The world "ultimate" is short for the sport's full name "ultimate disc", as seen in the name of the AUDL.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The word "frisbee" — more properly, "Frisbee" — is a trademark owned by Wham-O. 

The world "ultimate" is short for the sport's full name "ultimate disc", as seen in the name of the AUDL.

Furthermore, Wham-Os "frisbee" isn't used in really any form of organized ultimate, either.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

12 hours ago, Homelly said:

sounds strange but i was thinking exactly the same! we should sign a petition for them to change it. or at least write them letters with recommendations.

lately i found myself watching womens league much more. dunno why

I’m in.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived