XFL Fix (NY Updated)

GT Designs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next is the current worst team in the XFL, the Tampa Bay Vipers. I eliminated the biggest flaw of the jersey, the light green. The current jersey has

three shades of green. I gave the Vipers a bit more of a classic look as well as turning them into a green and yellow team. They are the only team in the XFL to currently use yellow so I made it more visible and a bigger part of the brand. For the road jersey I kept the sleves the same as on the home. I also changed the main logo to the current alternate with the snake heat. Let me know what you think!

GBlx7ZQ.png

• GT Designs changed the title to XFL Fix (Tampa Added)
On 2/18/2020 at 3:45 PM, GT Designs said:

Up next is the current worst team in the XFL, the Tampa Bay Vipers. I eliminated the biggest flaw of the jersey, the light green. The current jersey has

three shades of green. I gave the Vipers a bit more of a classic look as well as turning them into a green and yellow team. They are the only team in the XFL to currently use yellow so I made it more visible and a bigger part of the brand. For the road jersey I kept the sleves the same as on the home. I also changed the main logo to the current alternate with the snake heat. Let me know what you think!

GBlx7ZQ.png

I like some elements, like the use of the secondary logo and more use of the darker green, but plain white pants are...well...plain.  I think there is something between very traditional (this design) and too "kewl" (actual current design) that would make use of shapes that evoke a snake or fangs, but not so much with flourescent lime green. 

Up next are the St Louis BattleHawks. I wanted to simplify this brand aswell. The navy is gone and the awesome sogo is put on the sleeves. A new font to better match the aggressiveness in the logo. The helmet is kept the same, I love the oversized logo. The away has the same design but the colors are flipped. Let me know what you think!

dF0DhtR.png

• GT Designs changed the title to XFL Fix (St. Louis Added)
On 2/16/2020 at 4:55 PM, GT Designs said:

Up next is the Dallas Renegades. They have a couple of good elements in their jersey but their biggest problem is color balancing. Blue on black on black on black and blue on white on white on white. The solution to this I thought was to flip the blue and black ong the home jersey and socks. The away jersey the same apart from the stripe which is the same width al the way around, The same goea for the stripe on the home jersey. Added black pants to the away uniform. Let me know what you think!

BnkBV5O.png

Dallas is a unique team. They have a swagger. They are going to be a team to beat, because of their staff experience, their QB, and their claim to the Air Raid O. Their uniform should reflect this... The black socks and shoes start to get there. But I hate the juxtaposition of the Navy shoulder bar and the blue helmet. Something has got to give. It's too busy. Their uniform should say, "outlaw" and "swagger." Right now, it just says "pedestrian expansion team."

On 2/21/2020 at 11:49 AM, GT Designs said:

Up next are the St Louis BattleHawks. I wanted to simplify this brand aswell. The navy is gone and the awesome sogo is put on the sleeves. A new font to better match the aggressiveness in the logo. The helmet is kept the same, I love the oversized logo. The away has the same design but the colors are flipped. Let me know what you think!

dF0DhtR.png

These are an improvement for sure. Question, what is to separate these, besides color, from the NFL Eagles? Can the sword be more prominent, on Hemet top and in the pant as stripe?

My suggestions, if you are looking for some possible edits:

LA:  Still think the orange numbers with red on the black jersey does not work.  Would love to see a concept with either a red or orange jersey. I like the striping you did a lot better, but now the whole identity lacks any connection to Wildcats (no scratches).  Wondering if a new/better secondary logo would make sense. 

Houston:  Love your take on the more traditional yoke.  Not sure about the blue helmet.  Their current highly-metallic helmet really works for me as a reference to the industry.  Lack of pant or sock stripes for me is a no.  I want to see something there, maybe even something inspired by the crossbeams of the oil derrick. 

DC: A pretty basic uniform even before your changes, but I like the changes you made.  Avoid the unitard and add the logo to the sleeves, both really good improvements. 

STL:  Check out the new secondary STL just revealed.  i think that would look great on the sleeves, to avoid the wing repetition.   Also, not sure about the pant stripes, very plain or "old school".  A team with a military/bird identity might go for something like a Broncos or Atlanta Falcons pant stripe. 

Dallas:  I agree that swapping the yoke and jersey colors is key.  But I am not sold on your sleeve stripe.  I like the tapered one they already have.  They too have a good secondary logo, which would work well on the sleeves (in red). The pant stripe for me does not work on the black pants.  Try blue pants to replicate the helmet stripe (make black stripes thick and red thin). 

Vipers:  Reads to me as far too traditional.  As much as I am not a fan of the current unis, I think there is a place for the light green somewhere.  What if this team had more of an Oregon look, with a pattern on the yoke & sleeves (snake skin?) or a pant stripe that looked either like fangs or a forked tongue (not exact, just suggested shapes that are similar).  Not to toot my own horn or derail what you did, but here is the Tampa concept I did a while back.

spacer.png

• GT Designs changed the title to XFL Fix (St. Louis Updated)
  • GT Designs changed the title to XFL Fix (Dallas Updated)

Up next is the team that i believe has the best current look in the League, The Seattle Dragons. I actually like the monotone home jersey and I kept most of the element of the current one. Gone is the green collar and the orange sleve trim has been turned in to the dragon's mane? gills? You know what I mean. The look is caried over to the white uniform where the jersey gets blue numbers. Let me know what you think!

fmovyT8.png

Archived