New York Knicks Rebrand

colortv

Those were great jerseys and a great identity for the Knicks. It was their best look in my opinion. Don't worry though, after the league comes out with 1047 uniforms for each NBA team, I'm sure their will be one set that you like, I like and the many NBA fans all over the globe like. For what it's worth, I like the jerseys(and IDENTITY) you have chosen here, one set for 41 games at home and another set for 41 games away. 

I'm gonna be so mad if they scrap the current look and go for some stupid modern thing. What they have now is fine, it's not the old look, but it's very close and good enough for me. They hit an inside the park home run with the current look, it wasn't a real home run and definitely not a grand slam but it's something.

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Unpopular opinion, but I preferred the BFBS look. It was actually nicely done.

And yes, an orange alternate jersey would be welcomed. Just keep NEW YORK on the front.

I'm in this boat too. I actually loved it when the Knicks and Mets used black. Now both teams seemed to have replaced black with gray and it does nothing for me.

I could be wrong, but I think the rumors of new logos and uniforms are the result of people not understanding what the new brand consultant's job entails, which is to create advertising campaigns to better market the team and strengthen its connection with the fanbase. Essentially, make the Knicks cool again. That could come with alternate uniforms (i.e. the Raptors' OVO jerseys and merchandise), but that's far from an overall rebrand. 

15 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I could be wrong, but I think the rumors of new logos and uniforms are the result of people not understanding what the new brand consultant's job entails, which is to create advertising campaigns to better market the team and strengthen its connection with the fanbase. Essentially, make the Knicks cool again. That could come with alternate uniforms (i.e. the Raptors' OVO jerseys and merchandise), but that's far from an overall rebrand. 

This.

Gonna be tough to make the Knicks "cool" again without having competent players, though, haha.

As for their current brand, I don't mind it at all. I could do without the silver in their uniforms, but they're nice otherwise. Their City unis have been well-designed, but they just don't get publicity because, again, the players in them are awful (or injured, in Porzingis' case). I will say that next season's City uni does NOT look promising from what I've seen, lol. It won't matter, though, because they won't be getting any marquee players to wear it. 🤷‍♂️ 

Also, give me this guy (with some obvious clean-up) as an alternate logo, in the vein of Philly's Big Ben:

2239_westchester_knicks-partial-2014.png

14 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Gonna be tough to make the Knicks "cool" again without having competent players, though, haha.

Wait till 2021 when Giannis arrive to NYC. 😂

I wouldn't be mind if Knicks drops silver from uniforms, also I'd like to see orange uniform again (yeah I know it's cursed, but Knicks... are Knicks anyway), but with "Knicks" wordmark instead of "New York".

4r2eer.png

On 2/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, Ben in LA said:

Unpopular opinion, but I preferred the BFBS look. It was actually nicely done.

And yes, an orange alternate jersey would be welcomed. Just keep NEW YORK on the front.

Yup, bring back the orange jerseys.

Carmelo-Is-Finally-Getting-Some-Help-cop

Really wish the Knicks would focus more on orange in their branding, it Is the primary color in the logo. Looks great on merchandise.

cf00870f5f69d8bd_small.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 12:09 PM, Conrad. said:

will say that next season's City uni does NOT look promising from what I've seen, lol. It won't matter, though, because they won't be getting any marquee players to wear it. 🤷‍♂️ 

Oh no. The one good thing the Knicks have done the last couple years is keep their brand sound, at least aesthetically, in the fog of the current uniform era. (I still think these barely-different "statement" jerseys are hilarious.)

Can we place bets on the new bad City uni? Statue of Liberty green? Taxicab yellow? Pizza rat grey?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I honestly think that to 20 somethings, there is no historical nostalgia to the knicks identity. Hell,  I'm almost 40 and see that logo no differently than I see Minnesota. A change might not be so bad. They are one of the most underachieving franchises in all of sports. They were an underachieving franchise way before Dolan. Even with the NBA fixing drafts for them.

Just now, Scrumptious Ham said:

I honestly think that to 20 somethings, there is no historical nostalgia to the knicks identity. Hell,  I'm almost 40 and see that logo no differently than I see Minnesota. A change might not be so bad. They are one of the most underachieving franchises in all of sports.

Indeed.  I don't think there's much brand equity in that terrible logo.

Archived