Shumway

City-Specific Sports Apparel?

Recommended Posts

As someone who loves wearing sports themed shirts, but doesn't always like to get things from Fanatics, I've found some great things from "local" t-shirt and apparel companies (as well as Homage, which I've been supporting for a few years now).

 

For example, there's The Mitten State, who carries all Michigan-themed shirts...

PROBERT_ALL_STAR_UNISEX_749bbc2d-3526-4b

 

 

And Charlie Hustle out of Kansas City....

5001-KU027-12-0_2048x2048.progressive.jp


 

Anybody know of other types of sites? I'm mostly interested because I love these types of shirts, and also because I live in Philly but follow teams nowhere near here.

 

 

Not entirely sure if this belongs in Sports in General or not, so mods, feel free to move if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.cheesesteaktees.com/

Used to have a retail store - pretty sure not anymore.

 

http://southfellini.com/

Two retail stores... including one close enough to me that I could hit it with a softball.

 

There's also a store on Fairmount ave that sells unlicensed Gritty shirts.  As much as I hate bootlegging, one of the shirts was fantastic so I had to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a store in Teaneck, New Jersey, not far from the George Washington Bridge, that does Its own custom designs on hats. For example, the guys there created their own NJ insignia; and they also do ones that riff off the Yankees' and Mets' logos.

 

Another cool hat they made was one that says "Doyers" in Dodgers script, as a humorous counterpart to the Giants' Spanish-language "Gigantes" wordmark.

 

The store is called Halftime; but on the internet it goes by E-Cap City

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

http://www.cheesesteaktees.com/

Used to have a retail store - pretty sure not anymore.

 

http://southfellini.com/

Two retail stores... including one close enough to me that I could hit it with a softball.

 

There's also a store on Fairmount ave that sells unlicensed Gritty shirts.  As much as I hate bootlegging, one of the shirts was fantastic so I had to get it.

 

I know there's also these two for Philly...I have a Gritty shirt from Veterans Shirtium.

 

https://www.veteransshirtium.com/

 

https://phantees.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

There's Rally House in Kansas City

Rally House is nationwide. Or at least, locations as far east as PA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shumway said:
57 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

http://www.cheesesteaktees.com/

Used to have a retail store - pretty sure not anymore.

 

http://southfellini.com/

Two retail stores... including one close enough to me that I could hit it with a softball.

 

There's also a store on Fairmount ave that sells unlicensed Gritty shirts.  As much as I hate bootlegging, one of the shirts was fantastic so I had to get it.

 

I know there's also these two for Philly...I have a Gritty shirt from Veterans Shirtium.

 

https://www.veteransshirtium.com/

 

https://phantees.com/

 

Speaking of Philly, I don't know how I forgot about Shibe Sports. It is located on 13th Street between Sansom and Walnut Streets, just about a block away from the Mitchell & Ness store. I picked up a couple of nice Philadelphia A's caps there; and they also have shirts for various other teams, such as the NASL's Philadelphia Atoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

Speaking of Philly, I don't know how I forgot about Shibe Sports. It is located on 13th Street between Sansom and Walnut Streets, just about a block away from the Mitchell & Ness store. I picked up a couple of nice Philadelphia A's caps there; and they also have shirts for various other teams, such as the NASL's Philadelphia Atoms.

 

Shibe just opened up a retail store in the King of Prussia Mall, too. I love the look of most of their stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least Shibe also sells licensed stuff.  Those other ones are certainly riding the line... and in some cases, blatantly stepping over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.