For the 2020 MLB season, I decided to create some Nike MLB jersey concepts for Players' Weekend using the new Nike Baseball Jersey template. I wanted to create something unique with these jerseys. I used a lot of alternate colors and alternate logos on the jerseys, and made fauxbacks for some teams as well. If you are wondering why the Mets are black and pink, it is because when they were formed they were supposed to be black and pink. I'm not entirely happy with the Rockies, Rays, and Astros. For the Rockies I didn't really have any ideas for, while the Astros and Rays jerseys didn't come out as well as I thought they would. Thanks for viewing. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

22 hours ago, irasovsky said:

Do you have any other concept ideas for me?

Color Rush? City Uniforms?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

I think the most important question about these are the caps... Do teams wear existing caps?

A lot of cool ideas here! I like the black/pink for the Mets, the flag logo for Colorado on a nice shade of purple, the fauxbacks for Boston and the Cubs...

Yellow is a cool idea for the Cardinals but given this templated striping I think it would work better as trim on a blue jersey to match the Blues I guess.

Tampa Bay is really nice, just ditch the wordmark outline and you're golden!

Houston would work better as a white jersey, I think.

Not feeling the ideas for Minnesota, Washington, or Miami... The colors feel kinda awkward.

Overall good work given a pretty simple template.

3 hours ago, vtgco said:

I think the most important question about these are the caps... Do teams wear existing caps?

A lot of cool ideas here! I like the black/pink for the Mets, the flag logo for Colorado on a nice shade of purple, the fauxbacks for Boston and the Cubs...

Yellow is a cool idea for the Cardinals but given this templated striping I think it would work better as trim on a blue jersey to match the Blues I guess.

Tampa Bay is really nice, just ditch the wordmark outline and you're golden!

Houston would work better as a white jersey, I think.

Not feeling the ideas for Minnesota, Washington, or Miami... The colors feel kinda awkward.

Overall good work given a pretty simple template.

Looking forward to seeing what the caps look like

On 2/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, BigRed618 said:

I always thought yellow would look good on the Angels. Cardinals I’m not as sure about. The Yankees one is cool too.

I was gonna say... some of these are really great. But the yellow Cardinals jersey just doesn't work well. And it's not the work put into it at all - it's just the look itself. Twins, Dodgers, and Orioles concepts are beautiful.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Nice work! I like pretty much everything I’m seeing. A few comments & suggestions:

- I love that Astros’ design! It’s good enough to be a regular season alternate.

- The Nats and Braves’ looks are nearly identical. I REALLY like the “N” cap for the Nats, however. Maybe put the Nats back in navy and let the Braves keep the royal blue?

- How about making the Yankees jersey and cap navy instead of white? The all white with red trim might cause them to look too much like Boston which would be sacrilege.

- For Milwaukee, I’d make the script yellow with white trim (or get rid of the trim altogether).

- I’m on the fence about the lack of red on the Cubs set. On the one hand, it kind of feels like it’s missing something, but on the other hand, it reminds me of the ‘70s Cubs road unis which is pretty cool.

- For the Rays, make the trim around the script and devil ray white so that it pops against the entire gradient. Also, the navy cap doesn’t seem to go well with the gradient jersey. 

- For Seattle, make the “M” part of the cap logo either teal or blue.

- Add a black outline to the Giants’ cap logo.

- Not sure how I feel about the solid red look for the Twins. They have so many colors in their palette (navy, red, powder blue, gold) that I think you could do something more with this design. How about making the “Twins” script and cap logo powder blue?

- As a White Sox fan, I’d buy that jersey and cap combo in an instant.

EDIT: A few additional thoughts:

- How about a solid gold jersey with brown script for San Diego? Back in the ‘70s the Padres balanced their brown and gold fairly equally, but surprisingly they have not introduced a gold alternate (even for Spring Training) to accompany their latest rebranding.

- For the Jays, how about keeping the blue colors of the jay head logo? That way the team called the “Blue Jays” has some actual blue on their uniforms.

- What shade of blue did you use for Texas? It looks almost purple.

- Make the outline around the bear logo on the Cubs cap and sleeve white to match the wordmark.

Keep up the great work!

Archived