Dynasty

2020 MLB Season

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

I'll be the one to ask...did this actually happen?

Yes. She was very overweight and in her mid-60's and had a heart attack. 

16 minutes ago, Sport said:

Yes. She was very overweight and in her mid-60's and had a heart attack. 

Wow! I was thinking that you were just using a hypothetical. That's insane.

Canadian government just said no Blue Jays in Toronto, looking like it'll be Buffalo because the spring training site in Florida is too bat-plagued to use.

But wouldn't the State of New York have issues with people coming in from Florida? The Jays are supposed to open thea season in Tampa.

I don't know, I guess that would mean the Florida teams would never be able to play the New York teams. I assume there's special dispensation for baseball that doesn't extend to Canada.

Toronto Blue Jays of Buffalo (lame joke, I know).  Watching baseball in 2020 is going to be weird enough with empty stadiums due to that virus!  And Comcast cable still hasn't picked up the Cubs' new network Marquee Sports Network, meaning that I'm stuck watching the White Sox on NBC Sports Chicago  or whatever Fox's Game of the Week is on whenever I'm in the mood to watch a ballgame..

On 7/14/2020 at 5:49 AM, Sport said:

They really got off easy. It's like when I was in sixth grade and I forgot to do this massive project for my math class and the Monday it was due it didn't matter because our teacher died over the weekend. 

Hey, this happened to me in college! There wasn’t a massive project I forgot, but showed up to astronomy class on Tuesday and found out it was cancelled. Went home and checked my student e mail to find out the professor had died of a heart attack over the weekend. Super nice guy who seemed really healthy. Guess not. Got a refund and took a PE class instead to keep a full schedule.

Watching the Angels-Padres game last night reminded me how stupid this extra-inning rule change is. You could win a game by bunting a guy to third, then a sac fly. How unfair that is to the opposing teams pitcher statistics. ERA spike and a blown save? Ridiculous.

38 minutes ago, LA_Angels said:

Watching the Angels-Padres game last night reminded me how stupid this extra-inning rule change is. You could win a game by bunting a guy to third, then a sac fly. How unfair that is to the opposing teams pitcher statistics. ERA spike and a blown save? Ridiculous.

I think any runs scored in those situations are being considered unearned runs so no effect on ERA.

Still, vexingly stupid and I can only hope that it's not going to continue for 2021. That rule change is way too extreme for this sport.

2 hours ago, LA_Angels said:

Not only unearned, but it isn't sudden death.

Yes, you COULD do this, and if you execute, good for you. Again, both teams get to bat. If the visitors do this, the home team could as well, and we are back at square one (or the 11th inning - your call).

I know this will never happen. But I can hope.

If MLB expects the world series to not have fans in attendance, which is possible.... Play the game at the field of dreams in Dyersville, Iowa. 

This is literally the only chance of it ever conceivably being possible and it would make this entire cluster of a year into something uniquely memorable about it, in a positive way. 

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

They had that whole idea for a Field of Dreams (which is now White Sox-Cubs instead of White Sox-Yankees) game.

I dislike that movie for being emotionally manipulative and for giving owners the perfect line for justifying taxpayer-funded venues (“If you build it, he/they will come.”).

I know. But, seriously. They built it anyways. So if they can't play the world series anywhere with fans... Let's play it there. 

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

They had that whole idea for a Field of Dreams (which is now White Sox-Cubs instead of White Sox-Yankees) game.

I dislike that movie for being emotionally manipulative and for giving owners the perfect line for justifying taxpayer-funded venues (“If you build it, he/they will come.”).

Actually its White Sox Cardinals.

Iowa in late October sounds like a cold one...i would hate to be a player there.