Dynasty

2020 MLB Season

How MLB’s going to enforce the COVID celebration rules:

2 minutes ago, The Six said:

The Giants are poop.

At least they have Pablo "The Belt Breaker" Sandoval. 

Spoiler

Also, Please Trade Mike Yastrzemski to The Red Sox where he belongs. 

After one night of baseball: Yankees-Dodgers World Series confirmed.

I hope a sub-.500 team wins the a World Series. This is a weird year and I could live with that.  Plus, it might scare them off from making the 16-team playoff permanent.

Woke up this morning to watch some highlights on my phone and man, it was such a good feeling.  Empty stadiums aside, it was cool.  I do miss the crowds, though.

Cole's stuff is just disgusting.  His accuracy with that velocity is horrifying.

Regardless, we've already got the Nats possibly half-infected with COVID19 play a full 9 innings with the Yankees, so the season is barely a day old and already there's policy failures and nobody knows what to do.

Everybody's delighted for baseball to be back, myself included, but it's a dark omen if they can't make it a damn day without fouling things up.

2 hours ago, CherryMX said:

Woke up this morning to watch some highlights on my phone and man, it was such a good feeling.  Empty stadiums aside, it was cool.  I do miss the crowds, though.

Cole's stuff is just disgusting.  His accuracy with that velocity is horrifying.

Regardless, we've already got the Nats possibly half-infected with COVID19 play a full 9 innings with the Yankees, so the season is barely a day old and already there's policy failures and nobody knows what to do.

Everybody's delighted for baseball to be back, myself included, but it's a dark omen if they can't make it a damn day without fouling things up.

That's why I don't think MLB finishes.  

1 hour ago, Digby said:

1. You don't always test positive the day or two after exposure, so it's possible that there's false negatives there, which would mean that it's possible that it's spread already and the tests won't detect it.  I know that athletes get the saliva test and it's much more accurate than the swabs, but there's still false-negatives.

2. The gap - no matter how small - between test and result means that people are playing while waiting for results that can be positive (or are they quarantined during that period?)  Either way, it doesn't seem like the protocols can do their job.  It really seems like MLB's protocols are set up "optimistically" and not conservatively, which I'd argue they should be.

If I'm wrong about either, I'm open to correction.

6 hours ago, CherryMX said:

Technically, they only played 5 1/2 due to weather.

Looks like Buffalo finally got their MLB team, too bad no one will likely be allowed to see them in person. Blue Jays will play majority of their home games in Buffalo. Currently working on lighting issues, otherwise will have to pretty much live with MiLB standards.

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

After one night of baseball: Yankees-Dodgers World Series confirmed.

I hope the Yankees part is right. Start the 2020s like how we ended the 1990s and started and ended the 2000s. With a ring. No excuses in Yankee land.

I think the world would appreciate a few decades of the ringless Yankees since they practically dominated an entire century. 

Maybe in 2077 they'll deserve one.  

The cardboard cutouts and fake crowd noise actually aren't nearly as bad as I expected.  Other than the few times the crowd-noise machine turned off unexpectedly, the Phillies game actually sounds kindasorta a little bit like an actual game (except they're not piping in boos for the home team.)

Cubs baseball returned this evening -- and it was beautiful

go blue juwan howard GIF by Michigan Athletics

We go to the 10th inning in Oakland....

with a runner starting on second base....

while baseball purists weep....

the joker popcorn GIF

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

We go to the 10th inning in Oakland....

with a runner starting on second base....

while baseball purists weep....

the joker popcorn GIF

And it ends with a Grand Slam..