Dynasty

2020 MLB Season

This sums up the situation.

200.gif

5 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

If they cared, they would have banned teams from California, Arizona, Texas, and Arizona, and work to find replacement arenas for those teams in less volatile states. 

But instead they chose to play russian roulette with COVID-19. 

And this is why American can't have nice things.

Thanks sun belt! 👍👍👍

Soon enough, we will be back to MLB The Show telecasts.

Yay.

10 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

if they cared, they would have banned teams from California, Arizona, Texas, and Arizona, and work to find replacement arenas for those teams in less volatile states. 

You know it's bad when both Arizonas make the list. You get that the virus is everywhere, right? It's entirely possible the the Marlins were infected in Philadelphia. Point being, there is nowhere to hide from this thing. Some states are worse than others, but the risk exists in all 50.

How in the world did they not have a protocol in place in case this situation arose and decided that the players deciding for themselves would be a good idea? I guess not unprecedented, but still embarrassingly stupid

10 minutes ago, Cujo said:

this is why American can't have nice things

Can't we find out which American you're referring to and have a talk with that person? Could be an easy fix here. 😎

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

You know it's bad when both Arizonas make the list. You get that the virus is everywhere, right? It's entirely possible the the Marlins were infected in Philadelphia. Point being, there is nowhere to hide from this thing. Some states are worse than others, but the risk exists in all 50.

Damn, I thought we weren't supposed to talk about the second Arizona.  I kind of want to make "The Second Arizona" a GToV entrant.  Noted.

Just now, CherryMX said:

Damn, I thought we weren't supposed to talk about the second Arizona.  I kind of want to make "The Second Arizona" a GToV entrant.  Noted.

One Arizona is bad enough. Question is...is the 2nd Arizona the evil twin?

13 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Can't we find out which American you're referring to and have a talk with that person? Could be an easy fix here. 😎

Well there is this one individual who rocks a red cap from time to time... 🙄🙄

2 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Arizona 2's state college mascot is a rapist scorpion, so that should sum up what we're looking at here.

26 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Just cancel the MLB & NFL season this year. 

It’s clear that only the NBA & NHL give a crap (or at least trying to). 

if they cared, they would have banned teams from California, Arizona, Texas, and Arizona, and work to find replacement arenas for those teams in less volatile states. 

But instead they chose to play russian roulette with COVID-19. 

The NHL has a good chance to finish.  They are playing in Canada, a country which has done a great job of containment with the virus.  

3 hours ago, JayMac said:

2nd Arizona is the vision of Arizona I had in my head before I moved there and realized just how terrible of a state it is.

5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Well there is this one individual who rocks a red cap from time to time... 

A Cardinals fan. Figures.

28 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Sure, but the point is you shouldn’t be playing in states that have higher risk than others. 

Players have a better chance of catching it in Florida or Texas, than New York or Boston. 

15 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

2nd Arizona is the vision I had of Arizona I had in my head before I moved there and realized just how terrible of a state it is.

Kinda like 2nd Florida for me.

22 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

Arizona 2's state college mascot is a rapist scorpion, so that should sum up what we're looking at here.

Rapist Scorpion should also be a nominee for GToV 

1 minute ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Sure, but the point is you shouldn’t be playing in states that have higher risk than others. 

Players have a better chance of catching it in Florida or Texas, than New York or Boston. 

Not that much better. Oh, and Boston isn't a state.

I thought it would much longer before an outbreak happened... but not even four days into the season? That's record breaking speed on MLB's part. Bravo..

43 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Kinda like 2nd Florida for me.

I remember you being pretty excited for that. We probably learned a similar lesson about living in warm climates 😂