2020 MLB Season

Dynasty

So the Marlins decided to go out in Atlanta, per Bob Nightengale:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/miami-marlins-players-went-out-atlanta-covid-19-outbreak-mlb-report

"Well, I think a couple guys went out in Atlanta. That's what happened. I don't think it was any kind of fluke, from the bus driver or a pilot, any of that. I believe some guys got careless, at least one guy did for sure, he went out, and came back positive and spread it around."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to answer my own question, I downloaded the 113 page MLB Operations Manual for this season.  There are procedures for single players testing positive but as I suspected it is silent on a situation of the type that happened with the Marlins.  Considering a scenario such as this was reasonably and easily foreseeable, I find it appalling, yet somehow not surprising, that there's no written policy.  You'd think there with both sides involved in negotiating the protocols that there would have been something for a mass case of positive tests. 

Should have done the bubble, should have put a protocol in place for a mass positive incident, this rush job looks like a cash grab on both sides.  Someone call John Taffer it's time to SHUT IT DOWN!

It's possible that double headers will be comprised of 7-inning games.  I can handle the runner on 2nd base in extra innings, because teams are always prepared for times when there's a runner on 2nd and nobody out, but no team has ever made a plan for a 7-inning game.  That's way more of a threat to the integrity of the game.

It's now being reported that at least some of the Marlins left their hotel in Atlanta to party for a night.  It's speculated but unconfirmed that they went to the Lou Williams strip club (I hear they have great wings!)

I still think Florida is a POS as far as states go, but Georgia is right up there too.  Allowing strip clubs, night clubs, and restaurants to be open in a densely-populated are should be criminal.  What the hell is the matter with these people?  Stop ruining everything for everyone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It's possible that double headers will be comprised of 7-inning games.  I can handle the runner on 2nd base in extra innings, because teams are always prepared for times when there's a runner on 2nd and nobody out, but no team has ever made a plan for a 7-inning game.  That's way more of a threat to the integrity of the game.

It's now being reported that at least some of the Marlins left their hotel in Atlanta to party for a night.  It's speculated but unconfirmed that they went to the Lou Williams strip club (I hear they have great wings!)

I still think Florida is a POS as far as states go, but Georgia is right up there too.  Allowing strip clubs, night clubs, and restaurants to be open in a densely-populated are should be criminal.  What the hell is the matter with these people?  Stop ruining everything for everyone.

why are those allowed to be open during all of this, i never will understand why (they are not that important to be open now).  

Restaurants, i can see being open (but with limited amount of people inside and hours)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

38 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Joe Kelly suspended 8 games when PLAYERS ON THE 2017 ASTROS WERE SUSPENDED ZERO GAMES FOR CHEATING THE ENTIRE SPORT.

Manfred gotta go.

i still wonder if there is more cheating like the Astros did among other teams in MLB and Manfred is trying to cover it up.

Joe Kelly better appeal the suspension.  

9 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i still wonder if there is more cheating like the Astros did among other teams in MLB and Manfred is trying to cover it up.

Joe Kelly better appeal the suspension.  

Of course there is. 

Red Sox were caught, and Yankees admitted to it as well. 

It's only cheating if you get caught. 

Hate the union, not the league.  This ain't on Manfred.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Of course there is. 

Red Sox were caught, and Yankees admitted to it as well. 

It's only cheating if you get caught. 

and this would make the 1919 World Series seem like nothing if more come out.  

So because of the Marlins, the Phillies and Yankees are at major disadvantages because not only will they have not played for days (the Phillies won't play again until Saturday), but they may not get to make up missed games, and (at least the Phillies) will be playing double headers, possibly with new rules.

I get there's no playbook for this, but sans union, is there any moral justification for allowing the Marlins to continue to play now that they've shown their complete immaturity and lack of understanding of what this is?

Mattingly needs to lose his job for not being the adult in the room and for allowing a text message chain amongst complete idiots to happen.

15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So because of the Marlins, the Phillies and Yankees are at major disadvantages because not only will they have not played for days (the Phillies won't play again until Saturday), but they may not get to make up missed games, and (at least the Phillies) will be playing double headers, possibly with new rules.

I get there's no playbook for this, but sans union, is there any moral justification for allowing the Marlins to continue to play now that they've shown their complete immaturity and lack of understanding of what this is?

Mattingly needs to lose his job for not being the adult in the room and for allowing a text message chain amongst complete idiots to happen.

yep, Mattingly just split his pants on this one.  

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Dave Freaking Roberts is serving a longer suspension than any 2017 Astros players

oj63exs1mdh41.jpg

You keep blaming him... but it's not his fault.  

Archived