Dynasty

2020 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

So the Marlins decided to go out in Atlanta, per Bob Nightengale:

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/miami-marlins-players-went-out-atlanta-covid-19-outbreak-mlb-report

 

Quote

"Well, I think a couple guys went out in Atlanta. That's what happened. I don't think it was any kind of fluke, from the bus driver or a pilot, any of that. I believe some guys got careless, at least one guy did for sure, he went out, and came back positive and spread it around."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to answer my own question, I downloaded the 113 page MLB Operations Manual for this season.  There are procedures for single players testing positive but as I suspected it is silent on a situation of the type that happened with the Marlins.  Considering a scenario such as this was reasonably and easily foreseeable, I find it appalling, yet somehow not surprising, that there's no written policy.  You'd think there with both sides involved in negotiating the protocols that there would have been something for a mass case of positive tests. 

 

Should have done the bubble, should have put a protocol in place for a mass positive incident, this rush job looks like a cash grab on both sides.  Someone call John Taffer it's time to SHUT IT DOWN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JayMac said:

Why is this country so dumb?

it's something in the water i think.  

Homer, the walls are melting again...” - GIF - Imgur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible that double headers will be comprised of 7-inning games.  I can handle the runner on 2nd base in extra innings, because teams are always prepared for times when there's a runner on 2nd and nobody out, but no team has ever made a plan for a 7-inning game.  That's way more of a threat to the integrity of the game.

 

 

It's now being reported that at least some of the Marlins left their hotel in Atlanta to party for a night.  It's speculated but unconfirmed that they went to the Lou Williams strip club (I hear they have great wings!)

 

I still think Florida is a POS as far as states go, but Georgia is right up there too.  Allowing strip clubs, night clubs, and restaurants to be open in a densely-populated are should be criminal.  What the hell is the matter with these people?  Stop ruining everything for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It's possible that double headers will be comprised of 7-inning games.  I can handle the runner on 2nd base in extra innings, because teams are always prepared for times when there's a runner on 2nd and nobody out, but no team has ever made a plan for a 7-inning game.  That's way more of a threat to the integrity of the game.

 

 

It's now being reported that at least some of the Marlins left their hotel in Atlanta to party for a night.  It's speculated but unconfirmed that they went to the Lou Williams strip club (I hear they have great wings!)

 

I still think Florida is a POS as far as states go, but Georgia is right up there too.  Allowing strip clubs, night clubs, and restaurants to be open in a densely-populated are should be criminal.  What the hell is the matter with these people?  Stop ruining everything for everyone.

why are those allowed to be open during all of this, i never will understand why (they are not that important to be open now).  

Restaurants, i can see being open (but with limited amount of people inside and hours)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Kelly suspended 8 games when PLAYERS ON THE 2017 ASTROS WERE SUSPENDED ZERO GAMES FOR CHEATING THE ENTIRE SPORT.

 

Manfred gotta go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using a 2.7 factor, this normalized to a 21 game suspension. What a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Joe Kelly suspended 8 games when PLAYERS ON THE 2017 ASTROS WERE SUSPENDED ZERO GAMES FOR CHEATING THE ENTIRE SPORT.

 

Manfred gotta go.

i still wonder if there is more cheating like the Astros did among other teams in MLB and Manfred is trying to cover it up.

Joe Kelly better appeal the suspension.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i still wonder if there is more cheating like the Astros did among other teams in MLB and Manfred is trying to cover it up.

Joe Kelly better appeal the suspension.  

 

Of course there is. 

Red Sox were caught, and Yankees admitted to it as well. 

 

It's only cheating if you get caught. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Joe Kelly was so angry, he should have beaned every batter he faced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate the union, not the league.  This ain't on Manfred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

Joe Kelly better appeal the suspension. 

 

He is and I hope he takes the mound again tonight.

 

Fxck MLB 😡😡😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Of course there is. 

Red Sox were caught, and Yankees admitted to it as well. 

 

It's only cheating if you get caught. 

and this would make the 1919 World Series seem like nothing if more come out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cujo said:

 

He is and I hope he takes the mound again tonight.

 

Fxck MLB 😡😡😡

good for him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So because of the Marlins, the Phillies and Yankees are at major disadvantages because not only will they have not played for days (the Phillies won't play again until Saturday), but they may not get to make up missed games, and (at least the Phillies) will be playing double headers, possibly with new rules.

 

I get there's no playbook for this, but sans union, is there any moral justification for allowing the Marlins to continue to play now that they've shown their complete immaturity and lack of understanding of what this is?

 

Mattingly needs to lose his job for not being the adult in the room and for allowing a text message chain amongst complete idiots to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave Freaking Roberts is serving a longer suspension than any 2017 Astros players

 

oj63exs1mdh41.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So because of the Marlins, the Phillies and Yankees are at major disadvantages because not only will they have not played for days (the Phillies won't play again until Saturday), but they may not get to make up missed games, and (at least the Phillies) will be playing double headers, possibly with new rules.

 

I get there's no playbook for this, but sans union, is there any moral justification for allowing the Marlins to continue to play now that they've shown their complete immaturity and lack of understanding of what this is?

 

Mattingly needs to lose his job for not being the adult in the room and for allowing a text message chain amongst complete idiots to happen.

yep, Mattingly just split his pants on this one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Dave Freaking Roberts is serving a longer suspension than any 2017 Astros players

 

oj63exs1mdh41.jpg

 

You keep blaming him... but it's not his fault.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

You keep blaming him... but it's not his fault.  


Agreed. Blame the players’ association for this one.

 

Then again, it’s DirtyCurty. Nuance isn’t his thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.