2020 MLB Season

Dynasty

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Cujo said:

ItZ nOt MaNfReDs fAuLt!!!!!

What are you trying to accomplish with your constant use ofo MiXeD cAsE?

It's really annoying.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, goalieboy82 said:

MLB HQ right now:

Spongebob Panic GIFs | Tenor

spacer.png

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

This season hasn't been Manfred's shining moment.  With the lack of protocols for mass positive test incidents, tinkering with the rules to the point of absurdity including the runner on second base in extra innings and the probability of 7 inning doubleheader games, it's becoming more and more clear to me that despite me being glad baseball's back it's time John Taffer arrive at MLB HQ to shut it down.

bar rescue no GIF by Paramount Network

19 minutes ago, tp49 said:

This season hasn't been Manfred's shining moment.  With the lack of protocols for mass positive test incidents, tinkering with the rules to the point of absurdity including the runner on second base in extra innings and the probability of 7 inning doubleheader games, it's becoming more and more clear to me that despite me being glad baseball's back it's time John Taffer arrive at MLB HQ to shut it down.

bar rescue no GIF by Paramount Network

Can they set up a bunch of hot dogs, ice cream helmets, $12 beers and nachos up so he can knock them off the counter, getting nacho cheese on his blazer?

source.gif

If ThE 2020 pLaYoFfS sTaRtEd ToDaY (based off winning %)

American League

1New York Yankees vs 8Tampa Bay Rays

4Cleveland Indians vs 5Baltimore Orioles

3Houston Astros vs 6Minnesota Twins

2Minnesota Twins vs 7Detroit Tigers

National League

1San Diego Padres vs 8San Francisco Giants

4Colorado Rockies vs 5Miami Marlins🙄

3Atlanta Braves vs 6Milwaukee Brewers

2Chicago Cubs vs 7Los Angeles Dodgers

6uXNWAo.png

I think we're done here. I mean, we should be, but "should" doesn't really apply in the Manfredverse.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

If ThE 2020 pLaYoFfS sTaRtEd ToDaY (based off winning %)

You're posts are absolutely annoying.  Why do you spend the extra effort to type like that?  You're not making any kind of point other than that you're very immature, and you're not funny.

Anyway - again, no Phillies players test positive - yet they're missing 7 full days worth of games, so they're basically picking up the season after a long layoff, and they can't even practice since their facilities are shut down.  We knew this season would be challenging and that there would probably be some unfair situations, but in this case, they were victimized by someone else's actions and will now likely not only be steamrolled, but players will probably get injured, and they won't play the full 60 games.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The visual of the teams playing in their own stadiums is nice and the experimentation with the crowd visuals, be it cutouts, tarp or the weird and cringey Fox virtual fans, has been interesting to see. But with the travel and so many players involved in a non-bubble situation, I did wonder like many of us how this show was going to go on once positive tests started coming in. It also sort of sucks since I was excited to see how the White Sox were gonna develop after a summer of buzz and high hopes. Sure, it's a small sample size, but man that starting pitching got off on the wrong foot and then some. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived