Dynasty

2020 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Was giving up all that money & players for Mookie Betts worth it LA?  

Didn't he sign like a 12 year extension? It's not like he's a one year rental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

Didn't he sign like a 12 year extension? It's not like he's a one year rental.

Exactly. Maybe that money could have been better spent on Pitching?

The thing that has constantly been their problem in the playoffs these past few years? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kershaw in his usual October mode of not helping the Dodgers win the World Series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Exactly. Maybe that money could have been better spent on Pitching?

The thing that has constantly been their problem in the playoffs these past few years? 

The Dodgers had 16 guys pitch at least 15 innings this year. 14 of them had ERAs below four, 10 of them below 3.2.

In fact, their pitching staff has led the National League in ERA each of the past four seasons. This is over the course of full seasons, not a limited sample size of the playoffs. And their postseason batting average ranks almost right in line with their postseason ERA rank, meaning you could say their hitting has been the problem in the playoffs these past few years.

If you can think of someone who was available who had 1. better regular season numbers to justify taking their spot on the staff and 2. Better postseason numbers that you can't statistically prove is not a fluke, I'd love to hear it.

I think Dodgers are lame, too. But Mookie Betts is cool as hell no matter who he plays for and the Dodgers got a top five player in baseball. I don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying anyone they gave up to get him will have a career like he has. But my favorite team didn't trade him away so I have no reason to act like I hate him now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, the Trashtros are getting curbstomped by the Rays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a bit of a shame that Houston did not play Toronto in the first round. Because, it would mean they would play the Jays, A's, and Rays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since any potential WS matchup will be between legitimately good teams that would likely have been there even in a full season, does that change anyone's opinion about the legitimately of this season?  Even with the funky rules, it's looking like the best teams emerged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Since any potential WS matchup will be between legitimately good teams that would likely have been there even in a full season, does that change anyone's opinion about the legitimately of this season?  Even with the funky rules, it's looking like the best teams emerged.

 

My comment on the NBA bubble was if the Lakers won it was legitimate, but if anyone else won it was not.

 

If Houston wins, the MLB restart is nonsense. Any other team and it's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If Houston wins, the MLB restart is nonsense. Any other team and it's fine.

Houston's one loss away from being swept by the Rays, who have been playing incredibly. I don't think there's a chance the Trashtros clinch it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Braves or Astros win, it's garbage. If any other team wins, I'll begrudgingly acknowledge it as about 50% of a real championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, floydnimrod said:

The Dodgers had 16 guys pitch at least 15 innings this year. 14 of them had ERAs below four, 10 of them below 3.2.

In fact, their pitching staff has led the National League in ERA each of the past four seasons. This is over the course of full seasons, not a limited sample size of the playoffs. And their postseason batting average ranks almost right in line with their postseason ERA rank, meaning you could say their hitting has been the problem in the playoffs these past few years.

If you can think of someone who was available who had 1. better regular season numbers to justify taking their spot on the staff and 2. Better postseason numbers that you can't statistically prove is not a fluke, I'd love to hear it.

I think Dodgers are lame, too. But Mookie Betts is cool as hell no matter who he plays for and the Dodgers got a top five player in baseball. I don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying anyone they gave up to get him will have a career like he has. But my favorite team didn't trade him away so I have no reason to act like I hate him now.

Not saying I hate Betts at all, I’m just questioning the Dodgers decision to give up so much for him, instead of someone like Gerrit Cole. 
 

Pitching has always hurt them in the playoffs, so why not get a pitcher that has won in October? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Braves are legit. That lineup is scary and their bullpen is good. I think in a normal season they'd be right here where they are.

 

The Astros and their 29-31 regular season record can get lost. Good job, Rays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read that teams that go up 2-0 in the LCS are 28-3.

 

That doesn't bode well for Atlanta, does it??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

I just read that teams that go up 2-0 in the LCS are 28-3.

 

That doesn't bode well for Atlanta, does it??

I dunno, they managed to do the impossible and eliminate the Postseason Marlins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 games away from a Rays Astros WS, Rays could punch their ticket today and most of the baseball world dancing in Houston's grave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tampa being up 3-0 on the Asterisks is just delicious karma... Everyone wanted Houston to lose, and boy are they ever.

 

Atlanta being up 2-0 just shows that Los Angeles still doesn't know how to handle pressure situations in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Atlanta being up 2-0 just shows that Los Angeles still doesn't know how to handle pressure situations in the playoffs.


No, I think it says more than anything that Atlanta is a legitimately good team.

 

For as good as the Dodgers are, they’re still kinda young in some areas, and they’ve had less than 100 games with their new superstar. The Dodgers may just be caught in a bad matchup 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Tampa being up 3-0 on the Asterisks is just delicious karma... Everyone wanted Houston to lose, and boy are they ever.

 

It really is because honestly, they probably shouldn't be if Altuve could just throw a baseball.

 

The number of Astros baserunners stranded after great plays by the Rays defense last night alone is staggering.  The Rays are the best defensive team I've ever seen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dodgers have awoken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmoe12 said:

The Dodgers have awoken

That, or the Braves are finally melting down from the Georgia sports curse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.