Dynasty

2020 MLB Season

The Falcons are known for blowing double digit leads late. The Braves seem to known for going into a double digit hole early. (See 2019 NLDS)

I totally forgot Dusty Baker is managing the Astros this year, which gives me like a 20% rooting interest for them now.

Oh, look, Dodger déjà vu.

*Kershaw starts

*Offense takes a dirt nap

*Roberts shoves him back out an inning too far

*Kershaw gives up a couple hits and a run

*Roberts continues to have his ass planted on the bench

*Kershaw gives up another hit

*Roberts finally gets off his ass

*The bullpen commits felony arson

I saw on Twitter something that makes a lot of sense.  The Dodgers in the playoffs are Groundhog Day of witnessing Pedro/Grady Little year after year.

I don't want to do the math, but I'd love to see Kershaw's playoff ERA with the inherited baserunners that the bullpen collapses with taken out.  I'd also like to see a manager who knows how to manage a postseason game for once in his life.

Won't even be a little surprised if Tampa blows it. Their situational hitting is dreadful.  They're basically only good for solo HRs right now.  That they've been right there the last two games despite playing poorly is the only thing giving me hope.

Lowe had a HR today but consistently has the worst at-bats I've ever seen. He needs to find the bench. 

Like I said, Dodgers shouldn't have splurged on Betts and got Cole or another top pitcher instead.  

And Kershaw should have been shipped off after 2018. 

Why are the Dodgers so insistent on keeping a guy that has done nothing but cost them playoff games? 

The Baseball Gods must also really hate us if we're going to get an Astros - Dodgers rematch. 

Atlanta cannot possibly blow another lead in Arlington again..... right?

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Either way nothing but bad things have happened in Texas for Atlanta teams the last 4 years.

the Astros won the pennant last year

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Duh

lol my bad I misread your post as "nothing but bad things have happened to Texas or Atlanta teams"

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

lol my bad I misread your post as "nothing but bad things have happened to Texas or Atlanta teams"

It's all good

And wow if the Rays pull off this choke it will be worse than the 2004 Yankees

Both Tampa Bay and Atlanta are deciding to make the season longer by blowing their leads.

HOU-LAD could be the series we deserve, but not the one we need.