Dynasty

2020 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

 

fb2a9602988d6ee40aa118c5c63f55e8.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magic should post to our NFL thread since a lot of that is people simply regurgitating ESPN headlines.  

 

I laughed at a lot of the mocking he got in the comments, but it's sad that people are actually discussing the game and having real sports-talk with strangers in the comments of such a silly post.

 

EDIT: I don't live in LA so I don't know much about Magic other than his connection with that trash-ass lending company, but why follow him at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either the Rays saving face by winning today to clinch their 2nd pennant, or the Rays completing a worse chokejob than the 2004 Yankees (Red Sox won 98 games, Astros did not even have a winning record and they arr missing their ace) happens today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Magic should post to our NFL thread since a lot of that is people simply regurgitating ESPN headlines.  

 

I laughed at a lot of the mocking he got in the comments, but it's sad that people are actually discussing the game and having real sports-talk with strangers in the comments of such a silly post.

 

EDIT: I don't live in LA so I don't know much about Magic other than his connection with that trash-ass lending company, but why follow him at all?

 

The joke is Magic always posts incredibly obvious comments about Dodgers and Lakers games. I think it's charming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Either the Rays saving face by winning today to clinch their 2nd pennant, or the Rays completing a worse chokejob than the 2004 Yankees (Red Sox won 98 games, Astros did not even have a winning record and they arr missing their ace) happens today.

 

I don't know if it would be worse.  The Yankees won that game 3 like, 19-8 -- the Sox should have been dead at that point.  And then they had late leads in games four and five and true home games in six and seven -- plus there's Schilling and his issue, Derek Lowe starting game 7 on TWO days rest.  It felt like the Rays were lucky to go up 2-0, let alone 3-0 and when the Astros won game four, it didn't feel all that unlikely that we'd end up here.  When they won game five, it felt inevitable.  Plus, the Astros are clearly better than a sub-.500 team.

 

Edit: Although the way the Rays are making some mediocre relievers look like Mariano Rivera is pretty bad. If the Rays had a shred of plate discipline this series would've been over already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It world definitely be worse than 04. 

Rays are the 1 Seed while Astros are the 6 seed, a team that wouldn't have even made the playoffs under normal circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

The joke is Magic always posts incredibly obvious comments about Dodgers and Lakers games. I think it's charming.

It’s certainly a better outlet than being a franchise-killing executive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LMU said:

It’s certainly a better outlet than being a franchise-killing executive. 

 

The man turned down millions from the Lakers so he could tweet without penalty. What a life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 10:25 PM, habsfan1 said:

If we get a Rays vs Dodgers World Series, one city will have a double championship this year for 2 of their pro sports teams.

 

Halfway there.

 

Congrats Rays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, the Dodgers are gonna absolutely boat race this team 😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah, :censored: the Trashtros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s hear the Astros’ team song one last time this season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty impressive for a team under .500 to make that postseason run. Despite forcing Game 7 after being down 3-0 Houston didn't seem to have much fire in them today. 

 

Also now that the Rays won the pennant I hope they win the WS, that would be 3 teams in the last 4 seasons winning their first championship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

The man turned down millions from the Lakers so he could tweet without penalty. What a life!

Who does he think he is? The president of the United States? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the Braves certainly embraced their city's proud sports tradition. No wonder the Thrashers moved as far away as possible from that city. 

 

Gonna say LA in 5. 

If the Rays struggled against the Astros, Dodgers are going to be a nightmare for them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.