honeybadgers' NBA Concepts/Tweaks: Denver Nuggets

honeybadger

Ever since Nike took over the league there has been an overabundance of new jerseys released every year. Although this has led to figuring out which teams are even playing being pretty confusing at times, this plethora of new designs, fresh takes and  constant updates has been a great source of both creative inspiration and frustration. This is where I'll be trying to combine those two and hopefully produce some quality jersey designs.

Starting of with the Phoenix Suns. For me, their 90's set is the defining look of their franchise, but it is too outdated to be outright brought back as primary jerseys. Their recent city jerseys had the right vibe to them,and it felt like playing around with them could lead to a great 90's update. So this is what I came up with: 

spacer.png 

Next up, the Houston Rockets. I love the Olajuwon era jerseys, and seeing them back on the court this season just made me dislike what the Rockets have been doing for the last 20 years even more. Even though they would work on their own, some elements introduced in the later years (like the logo and the word mark) have become a Rockets staple for me. By combining the two, I've made a clean set, that encapsulates both eras pretty well, and lets the vibrant colors do the heavy lifting instead of random loops and black panels.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

Ever since Nike took over the league there has been an overabundance of new jerseys released every year. Although this has led to figuring out which teams are even playing being pretty confusing at times, this plethora of new designs, fresh takes and  constant updates has been a great source of both creative inspiration and frustration. This is where I'll be trying to combine those two and hopefully produce some quality jersey designs.

Starting of with the Phoenix Suns. For me, their 90's set is the defining look of their franchise, but it is too outdated to be outright brought back as primary jerseys. Their recent city jerseys had the right vibe to them,and it felt like playing around with them could lead to a great 90's update. So this is what I came up with: 

spacer.png 

Next up, the Houston Rockets. I love the Olajuwon era jerseys, and seeing them back on the court this season just made me dislike what the Rockets have been doing for the last 20 years even more. Even though they would work on their own, some elements introduced in the later years (like the logo and the word mark) have become a Rockets staple for me. By combining the two, I've made a clean set, that encapsulates both eras pretty well, and lets the vibrant colors do the heavy lifting instead of random loops and black panels.

spacer.png

You nailed it, theres no other reason why they shouldnt be wearing these. SALUTE TO YOU!

I'm glad you guys liked them. As for when and if I'm going to get to the later mentioned teams, I'm not sure. This is more of a random creative spark type of situation, so I have no idea when I'll make those concepts. With that being said, here is my take on the Denver Nuggets.

Although I found their latest redesign to be somewhat disappointing, I really liked the idea behind their city jerseys.The execution tho, left a lot to be desired, so I tried my hand at improving them. I'm pleased with how the navy uniform turned out, but I feel like the white one lacks something. I'd appreciate your help with fixing it. Here they are:

49587609898_e24df097e7_o.png

5 hours ago, honeybadger said:

I'm glad you guys liked them. As for when and if I'm going to get to the later mentioned teams, I'm not sure. This is more of a random creative spark type of situation, so I have no idea when I'll make those concepts. With that being said, here is my take on the Denver Nuggets.

Although I found their latest redesign to be somewhat disappointing, I really liked the idea behind their city jerseys.The execution tho, left a lot to be desired, so I tried my hand at improving them. I'm pleased with how the navy uniform turned out, but I feel like the white one lacks something. I'd appreciate your help with fixing it. Here they are:

49587609898_e24df097e7_o.png

wow, these are hella clean. you do good work! 

Archived