DNAsports

Washington Football Team Rebrand (Home & Away Uniforms PG 2)

I initially began this project as a way to design a fauxback Dallas Renegades logo, but I quickly realized I had a Washington (Washington Football Team) logo concept blooming in my hands.

Mostly inspired by the 1970-71 “R” Lombardi logo, here it is in all it’s simplistic glory:

spacer.png
spacer.png

Expanding on the Native American design element:

In Nike talk... “These stripe feathers are to symbolize the three greatest victories in war on valiant enemies” aka their Super Bowl wins against the Dolphins, Broncos, and Bills

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

C&C welcome! Thank you!

I would change the "R" to a "W"

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

I would change the "R" to a "W"

“W” for Washington or a rebrand into “Warriors”:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

“B” for a rebrand back into the Braves:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

“W” for Washington or a rebrand into “Warriors”:

I just prefer city monograms to nickname monograms. Plus "W" allows you to keep the logo unchanged even if the nickname has to.

10 hours ago, IceCap said:

I just prefer city monograms to nickname monograms. Plus "W" allows you to keep the logo unchanged even if the nickname has to.

Personally, I don’t believe the “W” really looks or feel right in most cases when tackling this team’s branding.

However, I oddly find the use of “B” in this instance to be the best of the three. Particularly the first logo iteration.

I like the "dream catcher" version the best. And I'd definitely experiment with a script W. 

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

I like the "dream catcher" version the best. And I'd definitely experiment with a script W. 

First one has a retro feel, second one is my favorite, and I’m not entirely sold on the third one

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here’s a different design approach. I may end up toying around with making the circle the top view of a drum:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I agree, the second "dreamcatcher" one is best. My only concern is what it will look like on a helmet since its so vertical and most logos are more horizontal. The drum/star is a very cool secondary!

2 hours ago, GDLions said:

I agree, the second "dreamcatcher" one is best. My only concern is what it will look like on a helmet since its so vertical and most logos are more horizontal. The drum/star is a very cool secondary!

Maybe tilting it at a 45° or so angle? Or would that take away the effect of a dream catcher?

@GDLions Like so?

spacer.png

Two more iterations:

Putting more emphasis on the drum-

spacer.png

Removing the compass altogether-

spacer.png

On 3/5/2020 at 5:30 PM, DNAsports said:

Maybe tilting it at a 45° or so angle? Or would that take away the effect of a dream catcher?

@GDLions Like so?

spacer.png

I like this one the best. 

I hate to bring back a 4 month old thread, but do to the situation surrounding Washington, I feel it’s best to unveil a new design.

Introducing-

The Washington Railriders

Named after the District’s Metro subway system, it doesn’t stray too far from the retired logo and helps retain the “HTTR” fans love to chant.

Primary Logo

The most noticeable feature are the six metro lines that occupy the subway system. These also represent the franchise’s 3 Super Bowl wins & the District’s flag (3 stars & lines).

spacer.png

Secondary Logos

The main element of these logos are modeled after the major stops icons on DC metro map with W & R representing the new name.

spacer.png

spacer.png

DC Metro Map for reference:

spacer.png

spacer.png
Decided to dial it back and turn the logo into a shield. The way I designed the logo makes it so it could be applied to three different potential new names (see below). There’s also an inadvertent Washington Monument silhouette.

Variation A:

spacer.png

Variation B:

spacer.png

Potential Names:

spacer.png

Washington likely won’t change anything about their jersey when they get a new name. Which they shouldn’t. It’s at least Top 5 in the league IMO. However, if there’s even a chance it could happen, here’s my idea for it. Including a new number font. These are top views. C&C welcome as always!

HOME

spacer.png

AWAY

spacer.png

ALT (there’s a white stripe on the sleeve cap)

spacer.png

Bumping and looking for opinions on this before I decide whether or not to continue any further