dfwabel

Member has been suspended for making threats towards another member of the board. 

Length of the suspension will be determined once all moderator votes are cast. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Atomic unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic

We know there are going to be a lot of questions about the specifics of why dfwabel was banned. He not only threatened a member of the boards, he also threatened a person in that member's family. That type of behavior cannot and will not be tolerated. 

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, dont care said:

What did I miss?

20 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

We know there are going to be a lot of questions about the specifics of why dfwabel was banned. He not only threatened a member of the boards, he also threatened a person in that member's family. That type of behavior cannot and will not be tolerated. 

36 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I get disagreements (not threats, obviously), but how unhinged do you have to be to not only drag in someone's family members into your dispute, but threaten them as well?

52 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I get disagreements (not threats, obviously), but how unhinged do you have to be to not only drag in someone's family members into your dispute, but threaten them as well?

This is basically what I was wondering as to what I missed. I’m assuming this was in DM but still very out of left field for him.

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

This is basically what I was wondering as to what I missed. I’m assuming this was in DM but still very out of left field for him.

It's out of left field for anyone, really. I hope whoever was threatened is okay. 

Threatened. Over a discussion on a sports logo site. Internet really attracts all kinds. 

3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I can't argue with that...

I'm surprised...I never saw that side of him.  Too bad; he brought some interesting stuff to the boards. 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The hell?  Dude was one of the best contributors to the forum, and one of my top 5 favorite members.  He knew every detail of every contract of every team and every city.  Seems extremely out of character.  In the interest of transparency, can we see what constitutes a "threat"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

37 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The hell?  Dude was one of the best contributors to the forum, and one of my top 5 favorite members.  He knew every detail of every contract of every team and every city.  Seems extremely out of character.  In the interest of transparency, can we see what constitutes a "threat"?

He threatened a member of someone's family. As IceCap pointed out, we're not going to out a "civilian" just to satisfy curiosity. We can't relay the threat without giving away the identities of the people he threatened. He called them out by name. 

BB52Big.jpg

Just sayin', I was suspended for (among other reasons) "belligerence toward the moderating team" even though I had literally zero interactions with said team, so I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder what really happened.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just sayin', I was suspended for (among other reasons) "belligerence toward the moderating team" even though I had literally zero interactions with said team, so I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder what really happened.

It's not unreasonable to ask, but in this particular case, we can't tell you. Any chance you can respect that this one time? 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived