XFL Revamp

infernoqueso

I am back with some inspiration after finishing a marketing project on the new XFL.  It got me thinking about what the XFL could look like in a non-templated world, and also led me to trace out a new football template.  I started with the LA Wildcats, and immediately dropped the black.  I mean they play outdoors in the springtime of Los Angeles and decided to wear black!  Insted I moved orange to the primary, similar to the creamsicle bucs, with some modern elements.  Most notably, "wildcat scratch marks," on the sleeves, and a dynamic striping pattern that reflects the logo.  I plan to work on all 8 teams, and give more options to some teams if I see fit.  .  

spacer.pngspacer.png

A good solid look for the Wildcats.

As far as your template goes, the helmet and pants look really good, and have a fair amount of detail to work off of. The pants, however, seem to be lacking. I think adding a belt to the template would go a long way, and possibly showing the pads that go under the pant would help give them more form.

I think the color scheme of the Wildcats' current set is really unique to pro football and turning them into the Bucs creamsicle set is a downgrade.  That said, looking forward to seeing the rest of them. DC could use an update for sure.

mainescarf.png

So I worked on the Tampa Bay Vipers, and I will be the first to admit is a little unoriginal.  I swapped the current St. Louis Template and adapted it it to the Vipers.  Made the helmet gold, and emphasized the brighter green in a more tasteful way.  The mediocre V logo us replaced by the snake head alternate.  spacer.pngspacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived