The Sports Impact of COVID-19

Pauly

10 hours ago, Totems!! said:

National Rugby League in Australia is still going. Not sure for how long but no plans as of yet to shut down.

Not anymore. They too suspended their season today.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Dick Pound.....are we sure he wasn't a colleague of Ron Jeremy's in the adult film industry?  Because that sounds like the name of an adult film star.

"Dick Pound and Ron Jeremy Star in The Olympic Trials"

Dick Pound - if John Holmes didn't get too far down coke hole and participate in one of the most brutal murders in Hollywood history. 

Wondery's The Wonderland Murders is fantastic, highly recommended for your listening queue!

11 hours ago, buzzcut said:

Not anymore. They too suspended their season today.

Yeah I see that, unfortunate but the best thing to do right now. Hopefully it wont sink some of the lower earning teams but its not looking good right now.

13 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The NFL and College Football are probably next in America.  

Only if this lasts into August. I'd make the case that if this winds up being endemic before a vaccine is found, it would have more of an effect on the latter parts of those seasons than the earlier parts. 

16 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The NFL and College Football are probably next in America.  

You want to see rioting in the streets? That's how you get rioting in the streets.

I don't know the situation on the ground in South Korea or China, but I understand that they've moved from mass infection to recovery, and they did that in about three to four months. If we followed their exact procedures, that puts us at June/July, meaning we still get football. But if we move from mass infection to masser infection, all bets are off.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, goalieboy82 said:

I don't see how there's anything to read between the lines.  They're basically just saying "hey, there's no hockey right now, but still visit our site".

Also, LOL "we are all Canucks".  I want "today we are all Canucks" to be a thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Honestly, with all the board alums who have gotten work in the business, it surprises me that no one has been able to sneak a board meme into social media or the copy for a logo unveiling. The red represents the frozen blood of the non-believers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You want to see rioting in the streets? That's how you get rioting in the streets.

I don't know the situation on the ground in South Korea or China, but I understand that they've moved from mass infection to recovery, and they did that in about three to four months. If we followed their exact procedures, that puts us at June/July, meaning we still get football. But if we move from mass infection to masser infection, all bets are off.

China has been known to "fudge" it's numbers.  To me, the numbers in Europe are more reliable.  If by May, the numbers in Europe see a rapid decline to double digits and then soon to single digits on a daily basis and going from infection to recovery by May/June, we would not be that far behind.  

40 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Honestly, with all the board alums who have gotten work in the business, it surprises me that no one has been able to sneak a board meme into social media or the copy for a logo unveiling. The red represents the frozen blood of the non-believers.

I referenced Chris and a Sportslogos.net article in a paper for a university drama class last year if that counts.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived