La Liga joins Ligue 1 with all games behind closed doors

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51814887

Olympiakos and Nottingham Forest owner has coronavirus

Here's the Johns Hopkins map:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

The Ivy league has just cancelled the mens and womens tournaments due to Covid-19.

Interesting.  So I guess this means that the regular season champions in both will be headed to the tournaments.  

12 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Interesting.  So I guess this means that the regular season champions in both will be headed to the tournaments.  

Yeah, but the Ivy League didn't bother with a conference tournament until like what, 3 years ago? So maybe an easier call for them from a sporting perspective.

Is Santa Clara County the first municipal government of that size to be placing actual restrictions on public gatherings? That's really going to force the big leagues' hands when it comes to playing in front of closed arenas.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 minutes ago, Digby said:

Yeah, but the Ivy League didn't bother with a conference tournament until like what, 3 years ago? So maybe an easier call for them from a sporting perspective.

Is Santa Clara County the first municipal government of that size to be placing actual restrictions on public gatherings? That's really going to force the big leagues' hands when it comes to playing in front of closed arenas.

The NBA and NHL can survive (although it would take a hit) if they played in front of no fans.  It would have to be mutual consent between the leagues and the players associations of the leagues before that happens.  

Good for him to say the right thing on Super Mario Day.

I still haven't received word from the Seattle Dragons if this week's game is happening and whether they'll refund me if not. I emailed info@seattledragons.com, so I'm not sure why the organization hasn't prioritized a response to me. I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Good for him to say the right thing on Super Mario Day.

I still haven't received word from the Seattle Dragons if this week's game is happening and whether they'll refund me if not. I emailed info@seattledragons.com, so I'm not sure why the organization hasn't prioritized a response to me. I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

I wonder how this will affect the Seattle Mariners on opening day?  

Based on social media, the Dragons are going about it business as usual.  

I have a band I've been waiting to see for about 15 years this month and if it gets cancelled I'll just go down there and bang on the doors until I get blacksited.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Coachella and Stagecoach have both been postponed to early and late October, respectively.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Flyers are offering exchanges to anyone who feels too ill or unsafe coming to the game - but only for tickets purchased directly from them.  If you go through Stubhub like so many do, you're out of luck unless they decide to offer some kind of relief.  Considering Stubhub is an official partner of the Flyers, I'd hope they'd comply.  Hell - StubHub is the sole distributor for Sixers tickets, so it'll be interesting what they do there - especially considering that the Sixers are sold out for the rest of this season, and presumably next season (if all the season-tic holders were to renew).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If the governor of the state of Washington decides to quarantine the Entire state to stop the spread of Covid-19 as reports are circulating that he will then I would think the game would be postponed/rescheduled.

Welp ... https://www.arsenal.com/news/manchester-city-match-postponed

Arsenal's Premier League match against Manchester City scheduled for Wednesday night has been postponed, as "a number of players" met with the owner of Olympiacos, who has since been diagnosed with Covid-19, following their Europa League match last week. Those players are now self-isolating, along with four staff members who sat near the Olympiacos owner during the game.

Archived