The Sports Impact of COVID-19

Pauly

Watching sporting events from around the country, especially the men/women's NCAA tournaments, with no fans in attendance is going to be one of the weirdest things we've ever experienced. But public safety is the most important thing right now, so I'm glad this is being done. I'm also grateful that we'll still get to see these games played on TV. We could certainly use a distraction even if it's only for a few hours a day.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Watching sporting events from around the country, especially the men/women's NCAA tournaments, with no fans in attendance is going to be one of the weirdest things we've ever experienced. But public safety is the most important thing right now, so I'm glad this is being done. I'm also grateful that we'll still get to see these games played on TV. We could certainly use a distraction even if it's only for a few hours a day.

Any distraction would be nice right about now.

Even if it ends up being a replay of a game from last year or two years ago.

Is it feasible to test the layers before each game that they play in the empty arenas?  Is testing a 5-minute, 5-hour, or 5-day type of thing?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is it feasible to test the layers before each game that they play in the empty arenas?  Is testing a 5-minute, 5-hour, or 5-day type of thing?

From what I understand, it’s a 48 hour waiting period for results

Just now, JG36 said:

NBA could announce tomorrow that they’ll play without fans. 

They really should have postponed tonight's games while they were figuring this out.  

Sixers tickets that were usually$200+ were going for single digits - and selling.  It ain't right to make your fans make that decision.  Someone's going to buy a $500 center-court lower-level ticket for $41 just because it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance for them - and then get coronavirus, pass it on to their uncle that has had a liver transplant and is on anti-immunal medication, and then watch him die.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived