The Sports Impact of COVID-19

Pauly

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I have no idea what moviebob is.

Moviebob is a fat idiot who posts on Twitter, mostly about comic book movies. He loves Hollywood liberals, and hates southerners and Bernie Sanders supporters in equal measure. He believes in eugenics despite being hideous himself. I think he wrote a book about Mario 3 that was really about how his family didn't love him.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

None of this is going to matter anyways when 2020 ends with an alien invasion.

😐

I saw a gag on Reddit that said 2020 is proof time travel exists; someone keeps coming back to try and fix things but instead makes them worse. I.e., the appearance and sudden disappearance of murder hornets. And, presumably, an alien invasion.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Now Texas starting to impose limitations.  How the hell were they surprised that things surged? 

I understand it's not everyone and it's not fair to lump everyone into one category, but the statistics indicate it's more in those places than in other areas.

Another factor to consider is that it's "indoor" season in Florida, Arizona, and Texas. That may have something to do with the surge in cases we're seeing there as well. Things were bad in the "Union" states back in March and April and then we saw improvement as the weather warmed up and we weren't locked up indoors. We're kinda seeing the same thing play out in the south as it gets really hot and people are spending more time indoors. (There are plenty of legit sources out there who say that the virus transmits much more easily indoors so yell at them if you disagree.😎) Whatever the reason, the NBA playing in Florida is probably not the best idea right now. Then again, I think all sports should pack it in for 2020 and try again next year. I'm not crazy about every game I watch being nothing more than a stark reminder that we're in the middle of a pandemic.

BB52Big.jpg

18 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

None of this is going to matter anyways when 2020 ends with an alien invasion.

😐

Nah, it will finally be the time when Dimensions 1218 and C-197 merge, producing a universe where fictional and real characters coexist, with this being becoming the ultimate god!

spacer.png

You’ve just been served some very real delusions of Christine Weston Chandler. While the trolls didn’t cause 100% of the delusions, they didn’t help her worsening mental state. 

Christine got dealt an awful deck and managed to play it as awfully as possible (with trolls and enablers leading her down terrible paths).

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

spacer.png

Man, I miss Mumkey Jones.

He has his own website now, just saying. 

Also, I wish Norm MacDonald did something like his 90s Weekend Updates now. He would probably have a field day with someone who is lacking so much self-awareness as MovieBob or call him Diabeto. A guy who bashes religion but worships at the altar of Nintendo and capesheisse. A guy who thinks of himself as a member of the intellectual elite but somehow mainly reviews comic book movies when he's not ranting about the need for a Final Solution to the Middle American Problem. A guy who is straight out of central casting for an out-of-touch "elite" who looks down on the working class people that make his modern life functional. Ridiculous stuff like that.

20 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

He has his own website now, just saying. 

...before he was hooking up with that pedo lady. I'm glad he's doing better now. 

20 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Also, I wish Norm MacDonald did something like his 90s Weekend Updates now. He would probably have a field day with someone who is lacking so much self-awareness as MovieBob or call him Diabeto. A guy who bashes religion but worships at the altar of Nintendo and capesheisse. A guy who thinks of himself as a member of the intellectual elite but somehow mainly reviews comic book movies when he's not ranting about the need for a Final Solution to the Middle American Problem. A guy who is straight out of central casting for an out-of-touch "elite" who looks down on the working class people that make his modern life functional. Ridiculous stuff like that.

Indeed. MovieBob never got over being picked last in sports, which in turn produced his grudge against the rest of the world that isn't his brand of liberalism or inclined to like the latest comic book movies. It's like you took the worst aspect of every Channel Awesome reviewer and put it into one guy. 

Granted, Norm would probably get more mileage out of an Onision clone.

tumblr_inline_pkxak4feo31uaatm0_500.png

A creepy manchild that wants to start up his own cult through youtube (HK knockoff Scientology is the best description of it), writes awful self-insert stories about his high school years, tries to proclaim his "honesty" despite constantly lying about the people who abandoned him, gets underage fans to send him pictures of their bodies so he can "judge" them, and has scripted meltdowns on the regular to drum up sympathy. 

Moviebob may be more relatable to the outside, but the Onision tale is so much more entertainingly crazy.

4 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

OK. I just like to remind people that the "surface level" of the web rarely penetrates deep enough to get true cringey gold. 

okay but this is a sports board, not a weird dark corners of internet board.

anyway. 

Perk is pretty sure about everything so I guess we’re good! 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The Premier Lacrosse League explains it's health protocol for their championship series in Utah later this month.

SN: Paul Rabil might not be able to count to four.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Nflpa hasn’t signed off on it yet, you think they would be cause you know they want to reduce preseason too

They don't have to. Owners can change number of preseason games without player agreements.  Regular season changes require NFLPA agreement.

It's where I sit.

Archived