American Collegiate Athletics Federation (Looking for C&C 9/9/21)

the_grateful_ted

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/3/2020 at 12:51 PM, sportsfan7 said:

My only problem with the Ciu script is that it kinda comes off as Cill

On 5/2/2020 at 8:27 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Big fan of both updates and the new team! My only gripe is that I think CIU script could do without the leftovers from the C, the little loop after the C. 

The beveling and updated monogram works really well for Platte State, brings in the brass color really well like Healthiest said. 

I'll tinker with this design and try to address the concerns in a another couple teams, in all honesty I'm sick of looking at them for the time being😅 Thank you for the kind words! Now that I am officially done with my last final, time to totally sink into quarantine! Riding in from Kentucky...

Kentucky Commonwealth University Chevaliers

Affiliation: Grand Old South

Colors: Bluegrass Indigo, Bourbon Red, White, Silver

"Knights of Cydonia" - Muse

QM7uaXF.png

With Kentucky there were things I knew I wanted, and things I wanted to avoid. No racehorse theme (because of Ouachita, and it's overplayed anyway), and no country-bumpkin, coonhound lovin' kind of identity. I already have a bunch like that, so I wanted to focus on this royal image that "Commonwealth" gives off. Bourbon is a huge part of the lore of Kentucky, and it got it's name from the Bourbon Monarchy in France (supposedly). In french a horseman/knight is called a "Chevalier" (So I might've snuck in a little horse theme, sue me), and to me it all just fit together. Colors come from the bluegrass state, and the red-orange color of bourbon (Am I getting any better at this Nike Speak, let me know). The primary is your standard knight logo, I really wanted to use a "pigface" bascinet for the sake of something new, but I just couldn't get it to look right. The secondary is a wax seal, that you might see on both bourbon bottles and royal letters, with a KC monogram. Perhaps not my MOST inspired work, but I was feeling off and this definitely got me back right with the project. Nice little softball that I turned out very happy with!

I also updated Lincoln U, they are now a primarily Gray and White team. This gives me something a little more unique to work with in the future... 

Hope you guys enjoy, as usual C&C is heartily welcomed, stay safe everyone!

I really like the Knight Helm as a logo. I think you have combined the colors well. I have only one suggestion: and if you were to try to draw the plume more like an 'S', it seems too unnatural. You could look at the tail of a horse. The drop, in my opinion, would be similar.

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

On 5/6/2020 at 5:59 PM, Josef_Bretones said:

I really like the Knight Helm as a logo. I think you have combined the colors well. I have only one suggestion: and if you were to try to draw the plume more like an 'S', it seems too unnatural. You could look at the tail of a horse. The drop, in my opinion, would be similar.

This. 

I like it! I think the helmet itself is a bit misshapen and off in general, and I've been waiting to see if I could recognize what is off but I still can't. 

I like the alt a lot though! 

Also I feel like this identity would be better suited, along with a Kentucky University in general, with a red and blue (navy) color scheme, indigo and orange seem a bit arbitrary. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 5/7/2020 at 3:40 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This. 

I like it! I think the helmet itself is a bit misshapen and off in general, and I've been waiting to see if I could recognize what is off but I still can't. 

I like the alt a lot though! 

Also I feel like this identity would be better suited, along with a Kentucky University in general, with a red and blue (navy) color scheme, indigo and orange seem a bit arbitrary. 

I struggled pretty heavily with this set for some reason, so I'm not entirely surprised it looks a tad off. The colors are pretty dang close to red and blue, a little bit of a fiery red I guess. If I go straight scarlet and royal, something about it NEVER look right to me, I think they clash too much for my liking.

I didn't even see @TheLogoFather72 's post until now, but he read my mind! A little double feature from the Territorial 12 incoming, starting with Southern Colorado...

University of Southern Colorado Sidewinders

Affiliation: Territorial Twelve

Colors: Orange, Obsidian, White

"If I Had A Tail" - Queens of the Stone Age 

IFXqes5.png

Gotta throw in a directional school every once in a while to keep it interesting right? Alamosa is known as "The Gateway to Great Sand Dunes National Park". Seeing as how the snake identity has not been touched yet, when I imagined a sidewinder winding his way through the sand dunes I decided to roll with it. My heart wanted to go with dustier, more natural colors but my brain said B O L D. The primary is a sidewinder in a shape loosely formed into an "S". I'm split 50/50 on keeping the "shake marks" around it... on one hand it looks amateurish, on the other it just makes sense for a sidewinder. The secondary is a snake burrowed into the sand with only it's head showing, as sidewinders are known to do. I went REALLY far outside of my comfort zone for the secondary, so really looking forward to some c&c on it! All in all it's pretty self explanatory, so let's move onto the next school out of San Diego/IV...

Saint Francis of Assisi University Sea Lions

Affiliation: Territorial Twelve

Colors: Ocean Blue, Mission Brown, Sol Yellow

"Sea Horse" - Devendra Banhart

eUP9fU3.png

Last private school, at last! St. Francis of Assisi was the friar who founded the order that built the missions up the CA coast that have become so famous, and the nickname obviously comes from a very common critter in the area. The colors just SCREAMED San Diego to me, so I took on the challenge of balancing them so they none were too light or dark for the others (on a brown background it still reads well, the blue replaces the brown so the lighter color is always on the inside). It ending up looking very modern, which I didn't plan but I'm pleasantly surprised by. Let me tell you, these uniforms are going to be wild.

I also updated the Knight in it's respective post, looking forward to hearing what you guys think of the double feature. As always thanks for checking it out, and stay safe and healthy!

I like both of them! The alternate logo for USC is hard to make out and doesn't look the best, but I like idea and it wouldn't be too bad if it was used rarely. The only complaint I have with SFA is the primary read SEA to me initially and I thought it was located in Seattle before I read it all. 

The update to Kentucky is it hard to notice, I cant really see anything different. I would update the plume to have split ends or parts that stick out. The way that it's perfectly straight and together I think is what's throwing it off. And maybe it's my screen but that shade of red is almost as orange as Colorado, it looks much further of from red than you say. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'll call it good progress for CIU, but I would definitely drop the tail a little bit on the C. It is hard not to see "Cill" atm. Quick fix might be rounding out the bottom a little more dramatically on the bottom of the u. I think it would also look sharp if you indented the top of the i to match the diamond. You are so close!

Platte State is finished! You have made a full brand to be proud of here. That brass looks great across the whole identity! Awesome job implementing the criticism received.

Lincoln University had to be a tough one to do. Tornadoes always present a challenge and, although its not my favorite name to use, I think you did a great job. The secondary is a stronger mark imo, but I could see how the lack of an actual tornado might force it behind the other. Been in Springfield a few times for hockey and you're absolutely right about their love for Lincoln. Their junior team is called the Springfield Jr. Blues, and what's their logo? Oh you guessed it, Abe Lincoln! Nothing needs to be changed, but I think you could make the identity a little more unique to the town and school for the primary. The top of that 'nado looks very similar to the brim of a hat..... wonder if Licoln's iconic tall hat could be included... hmmm

Kentucky Commonwealth would be anything but a softball for many of us, and if it was you hit it hard and far. Interesting mascot for a midwest team and I like the theme you built around the whole thing. I think the stamp would be fun to play with when putting together sports identities, and that knight's plume sets up for one badass football helmet stripe. Speaking of his tail, don't sweat the problem with the natural look. It takes time to master things like the pen tool or whatever equivalent being used. Colors also look pretty good, maybe get that blue and alter it to be a little more burple, if you know what I mean. I think it would fit the royalty theme.

USC is another unique identity that you did very well on. When I think Sidewinder that isn't the scheme I was expecting. I think it works well, but it might be more appropriate if you turn the orange into more of a rust or bronze color (Think 2000s Edmonton Oilers if you are familiar with their palette from the time). As for the logos, I think no change is needed. The primary is clean and I would keep the movement marks, motion is needed for the snake. I would maybe try to fit a "C" in there, but I have no creative ideas for it. I really like the second logo a lot. We never really get to see logos of a snake from this perspective, and it is interesting to me. The snake's eyebrows look weird, but I double checked and it is spot on for the animal. I also appreciate the detailing in the nose. I get DietDrPepper point of using the mark rarely, but I would alter that comment to say limit use to when it is most appropriate, making it more effective than the primary. A good example would be for a hockey jersey. The secondary is far superior when it comes to something like a chest logo.

The non aggressive nature of SFA is refreshing in a world of over the top, fierce logos, and I think the location for this vibe is fitting. I like the idea, but I think the execution of the primary could be better. The sea lion looks stuck in place, and that really stands out for aquatic logos. I will also double down on the text being lost and looking like "SEA". I think a few tweaks can fix this easily. I would go from horizontal to diagonal for your "SFA" to create a path of movement for your sea lion, putting it above or below the text slashing down. I'd maybe even consider putting the sea lion behind the letters just to switch it up and make it look like it is swimming around something. Your focus on the sea lion is obvious in the secondary, so maybe putting focus on the SFA isn't unheard of for the primary. I love the simplicity from the secondary. I think if you added some type of lines signifying some movement in the outline it would create balance and really add to it. (I know I have a weird thing for movement. I am sorry!)  Other than that, I think you could lighten up that blue a tiny little bit. You almost have that balance down, but I think the black might be throwing my eye off with the unique shades.

I am sorry for writing something longer than a few of my college essays for you, but I know you'll use it. Definitely my favorite series on here right now. 

On 5/9/2020 at 4:09 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I like both of them! The alternate logo for USC is hard to make out and doesn't look the best, but I like idea and it wouldn't be too bad if it was used rarely. The only complaint I have with SFA is the primary read SEA to me initially and I thought it was located in Seattle before I read it all. 

The update to Kentucky is it hard to notice, I cant really see anything different. I would update the plume to have split ends or parts that stick out. The way that it's perfectly straight and together I think is what's throwing it off. And maybe it's my screen but that shade of red is almost as orange as Colorado, it looks much further of from red than you say. 

Thank you! Agreed... not feeling 100% about it but honestly not ready to give it another shot😅. It was hard to find good reference images for it, and snakes are one that give me trouble most of the time anyway. I can't unsee "SEA" now, I think I have a way to fix it though.

Ahah, now I get what you mean! I'll add some scruffy parts to take the eye away from the awkward straight part in the middle, revisions in the next few days!

As usual, thank you for your extremely helpful C&C 🙂 

On 5/11/2020 at 3:40 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I'll call it good progress for CIU, but I would definitely drop the tail a little bit on the C. It is hard not to see "Cill" atm. Quick fix might be rounding out the bottom a little more dramatically on the bottom of the u. I think it would also look sharp if you indented the top of the i to match the diamond. You are so close!

Platte State is finished! You have made a full brand to be proud of here. That brass looks great across the whole identity! Awesome job implementing the criticism received.

Lincoln University had to be a tough one to do. Tornadoes always present a challenge and, although its not my favorite name to use, I think you did a great job. The secondary is a stronger mark imo, but I could see how the lack of an actual tornado might force it behind the other. Been in Springfield a few times for hockey and you're absolutely right about their love for Lincoln. Their junior team is called the Springfield Jr. Blues, and what's their logo? Oh you guessed it, Abe Lincoln! Nothing needs to be changed, but I think you could make the identity a little more unique to the town and school for the primary. The top of that 'nado looks very similar to the brim of a hat..... wonder if Licoln's iconic tall hat could be included... hmmm

Kentucky Commonwealth would be anything but a softball for many of us, and if it was you hit it hard and far. Interesting mascot for a midwest team and I like the theme you built around the whole thing. I think the stamp would be fun to play with when putting together sports identities, and that knight's plume sets up for one badass football helmet stripe. Speaking of his tail, don't sweat the problem with the natural look. It takes time to master things like the pen tool or whatever equivalent being used. Colors also look pretty good, maybe get that blue and alter it to be a little more burple, if you know what I mean. I think it would fit the royalty theme.

USC is another unique identity that you did very well on. When I think Sidewinder that isn't the scheme I was expecting. I think it works well, but it might be more appropriate if you turn the orange into more of a rust or bronze color (Think 2000s Edmonton Oilers if you are familiar with their palette from the time). As for the logos, I think no change is needed. The primary is clean and I would keep the movement marks, motion is needed for the snake. I would maybe try to fit a "C" in there, but I have no creative ideas for it. I really like the second logo a lot. We never really get to see logos of a snake from this perspective, and it is interesting to me. The snake's eyebrows look weird, but I double checked and it is spot on for the animal. I also appreciate the detailing in the nose. I get DietDrPepper point of using the mark rarely, but I would alter that comment to say limit use to when it is most appropriate, making it more effective than the primary. A good example would be for a hockey jersey. The secondary is far superior when it comes to something like a chest logo.

The non aggressive nature of SFA is refreshing in a world of over the top, fierce logos, and I think the location for this vibe is fitting. I like the idea, but I think the execution of the primary could be better. The sea lion looks stuck in place, and that really stands out for aquatic logos. I will also double down on the text being lost and looking like "SEA". I think a few tweaks can fix this easily. I would go from horizontal to diagonal for your "SFA" to create a path of movement for your sea lion, putting it above or below the text slashing down. I'd maybe even consider putting the sea lion behind the letters just to switch it up and make it look like it is swimming around something. Your focus on the sea lion is obvious in the secondary, so maybe putting focus on the SFA isn't unheard of for the primary. I love the simplicity from the secondary. I think if you added some type of lines signifying some movement in the outline it would create balance and really add to it. (I know I have a weird thing for movement. I am sorry!)  Other than that, I think you could lighten up that blue a tiny little bit. You almost have that balance down, but I think the black might be throwing my eye off with the unique shades.

I am sorry for writing something longer than a few of my college essays for you, but I know you'll use it. Definitely my favorite series on here right now. 

CIU- Loud and clear on all of these points, very much like the diamond in the "I" idea!

LU- You gave me an idea... should be a fun revision now that I have it in mind 🙂 

KWU- I'll keep playing around with colors, and that plume will get adjusted a bit. Tough, yes. Impossible to fix, nope!

SOCO- Those horns were the hardest part!!! Like you and @_DietDrPepper_ mentioned, it will be used sparingly. I will dull the colors a bit, the only reason I didn't go full rust is actually because of this next school to be unveiled! I think you'll see what I mean

SFA- I won't respond to each piece of C&C individually, but I agree with all of them. The seal definitely looks a little *blobbish*, I'll play around with the letter-seal connection to find some motion 

I will ALWAYS take more C&C than too little 😆 You've been one of the biggest helps so far in getting these sets just right, it's not lost on me how much you contribute. Great to hear you're enjoying the series so much, it's been a blast for me!

And now, a team that I knew was going to be a challenge from The Bay Area...

Bay Tech University Guardians

Affiliation: Pacific Frontier

Colors: International Orange, Bay Blue, White

"Mercy" - TV On The Radio

HJ3e2Af.png

Holy CRAP I was feeling the heat on this one, I'm always much more nervous about doing one for a bigger city like San Fran. I'm not attached to the name, it comes from the geographical feature in the area and the big tech biz that's so famous. It's a little dry on it's own, so if anyone has something a little more inspired I'm more than open to it! However, I think the rest of the brand makes up for the not as inspired school name. The prominent chinese culture usually inspires concepts from the bay area, and it usually comes in the form of a dragon. I went a slightly different route, and picked a "Guardian Lion/" or "Foo Dog". In Chinese culture they're symbols of power and protection, and thinking of one of these overlooking the bay was just to kick ass too pass on. The primary was, rough, to say the least. However I'm very happy with how it came out, it's just the face of one of these statues. These statues are usually shown with a clawed foot on an orb, as a symbol of protection. The secondary takes that idea, and adds the (overused, but still too cool to pass up) Golden Gate Bridge.

This was incredibly fun to work on, expect some revisions on previous stuff soon. Thanks so much guys, enjoy!

Oh I like that a lot! I like always have a couple suggestions, all to do with the secondary however. The paw looks a little awkward, the indents it's making into the circle is a bit off, same with the rotation of the paw. I think spreading the toes out a hair each might help, along with rounding them out a bit along the curve of the circle. The indents are too small to make much of a difference and I think all claws should be digging into the circle. Otherwise I'm a big fan of the ideas, the primary is a bit hard to make out, but mostly because I'm not sure what the reference image is, its cool looking, whatever it is. The colors are 11/10, my favorite scheme so far I think. 

3YCQJRO.png

Oh man, those Guardians logos are badass! I do wonder if you can add a bit of color to both logos, maybe keep the Golden Gate red/orange in both secondaries and add some color to the primary. It looks great in red but in blue the white blends just a bit and the massive amount of whitespace on the forehead really show. Not sure how to fix it, maybe darkening the blue could help?

the user formerly known as cdclt

Feeling the heat because you had the feeling San Jose is where I called home for the first 19 years of my life? Don't blame you haha! I am kidding, of course. I actually think my dumb, logo loving ass would have stayed at home for school if the University looked this good and had a decent hockey team. 

Bay Tech U is quite the mouthful, but I am not sure how to find a way around it if you want to stick to the three cities. I would maybe move the campus up to SF though, being from San Jose, I would be very unhappy with the bridge in our logo. We are completely overshadowed by SF and maybe even Oakland sometimes, and I know a lot of SJ natives can get defensive about it, a few even dislike SF. The problem with playing off "The Bay" is that all three cities are big enough to house their own schools, and the distance between the cities might make it a stretch for a University to claim them all. My thought is to move this team north and make them a SF school with more city pride, with acknowledgement of Bay Area pride. The whole thing screams SF. The Chinese influence, the Golden Gate, the International Orange, this wants to be the school for the city and I think you should let it be that. This would let you play with names like "Golden Gate Tech/State/U", which I find cool because all together the team would come off as the "Golden Gate Guardians". 

As for design, I already said I would have stayed home for this. I have always wanted a team based around the Golden Gate Bridge, and I think you did it justice. Getting away from the dragon and going with the lion to make a name like Guardians fit is flat out awesome. I've been in the minority wanting a team in the Bay called the "Gate Guardians" or "Gate Keepers", and you have somehow taken that idea and blended it with the more popular Chinese influence to make a cohesive look that is unique to the city. You also checked my box for a team here using International Orange, it is unique to the area, looks good with a lot of other colors and is criminally underused.

The lion head is a little round, but I think it looks like a solid primary. The orb logo could use some tweaks. When I look at references, it seems like the orb is being crushed a little by the statue. This might be because of how difficult it is to create a perfect ball being stood on by a statue, but I think if you altered the orb to look a little more like an oval, then it would give the claw on it some weight. (Also don't ever apologize for using the bridge because it is overused. You're playing up your Bay Area audience and your audience is so damn proud of it they would claim it is underused! Haha)

Lastly, I agree with QCS regarding the bleeding of colors when it comes to the white/blue logo option, it gets a little washed. If only there was a color that statues were known to be that would bring a much needed dark option to the set. Could even Nike talk it as "representing the early morning fog on the bay", if you're picking up what I am throwing down. 

Golden Gate State Guardians (How fun is that to say?) or Golden Gate University Guardians would be my school in this fictional universe you have created. With minor tweaks they would be by far my favorite, just get them out of my city and take them where they would flourish. 

Ok... this one was long because it is my stomping grounds.

18 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Oh I like that a lot! I like always have a couple suggestions, all to do with the secondary however. The paw looks a little awkward, the indents it's making into the circle is a bit off, same with the rotation of the paw. I think spreading the toes out a hair each might help, along with rounding them out a bit along the curve of the circle. The indents are too small to make much of a difference and I think all claws should be digging into the circle. Otherwise I'm a big fan of the ideas, the primary is a bit hard to make out, but mostly because I'm not sure what the reference image is, its cool looking, whatever it is. The colors are 11/10, my favorite scheme so far I think. 

Thank you, that was my biggest struggle for sure! I'll continue messing around with paw placement. The main issue for me is that these things are protecting the orbs, so I didn't want to make it look like it was crushing it. HOWEVER without any kind of divet/mark, they looked unattached to eachother in anyway. I like to let these ideas for revisions stew a bit in my head before I make them, so you'll see something within the next couple days! I might have to darken the blue a tad to make it easier to read with the white, but thank you!! I think it's mine as well😃

18 hours ago, kb105 said:

An idea for the school name might be to combine the names of Oakland, San Francisco, and San Jose. One suggestion is Joakci Tech (pronounced Hoke-see).

I like it, thank you for the suggestion! 🙂

18 hours ago, QCS said:

Oh man, those Guardians logos are badass! I do wonder if you can add a bit of color to both logos, maybe keep the Golden Gate red/orange in both secondaries and add some color to the primary. It looks great in red but in blue the white blends just a bit and the massive amount of whitespace on the forehead really show. Not sure how to fix it, maybe darkening the blue could help?

Thank you! I think I want to keep the colors separate from each other with white, but I am 100% on board darkening the blue. They colors looked so good next to eachother and sounded so good in theory, but in practice need a little revision 😋 Usually on these statues the forehead/tophead has these curls that are part of the mane, but with so much other ornate stuff I wanted to let the logo breathe a little in the middle. As always, thanks for the C&C!

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Feeling the heat because you had the feeling San Jose is where I called home for the first 19 years of my life? Don't blame you haha! I am kidding, of course. I actually think my dumb, logo loving ass would have stayed at home for school if the University looked this good and had a decent hockey team. 

Bay Tech U is quite the mouthful, but I am not sure how to find a way around it if you want to stick to the three cities. I would maybe move the campus up to SF though, being from San Jose, I would be very unhappy with the bridge in our logo. We are completely overshadowed by SF and maybe even Oakland sometimes, and I know a lot of SJ natives can get defensive about it, a few even dislike SF. The problem with playing off "The Bay" is that all three cities are big enough to house their own schools, and the distance between the cities might make it a stretch for a University to claim them all. My thought is to move this team north and make them a SF school with more city pride, with acknowledgement of Bay Area pride. The whole thing screams SF. The Chinese influence, the Golden Gate, the International Orange, this wants to be the school for the city and I think you should let it be that. This would let you play with names like "Golden Gate Tech/State/U", which I find cool because all together the team would come off as the "Golden Gate Guardians". 

As for design, I already said I would have stayed home for this. I have always wanted a team based around the Golden Gate Bridge, and I think you did it justice. Getting away from the dragon and going with the lion to make a name like Guardians fit is flat out awesome. I've been in the minority wanting a team in the Bay called the "Gate Guardians" or "Gate Keepers", and you have somehow taken that idea and blended it with the more popular Chinese influence to make a cohesive look that is unique to the city. You also checked my box for a team here using International Orange, it is unique to the area, looks good with a lot of other colors and is criminally underused.

The lion head is a little round, but I think it looks like a solid primary. The orb logo could use some tweaks. When I look at references, it seems like the orb is being crushed a little by the statue. This might be because of how difficult it is to create a perfect ball being stood on by a statue, but I think if you altered the orb to look a little more like an oval, then it would give the claw on it some weight. (Also don't ever apologize for using the bridge because it is overused. You're playing up your Bay Area audience and your audience is so damn proud of it they would claim it is underused! Haha)

Lastly, I agree with QCS regarding the bleeding of colors when it comes to the white/blue logo option, it gets a little washed. If only there was a color that statues were known to be that would bring a much needed dark option to the set. Could even Nike talk it as "representing the early morning fog on the bay", if you're picking up what I am throwing down. 

Golden Gate State Guardians (How fun is that to say?) or Golden Gate University Guardians would be my school in this fictional universe you have created. With minor tweaks they would be by far my favorite, just get them out of my city and take them where they would flourish. 

Ok... this one was long because it is my stomping grounds.

I have a habit of wanting to avoid "Main" cities for some reason... but this sounds like the right move. Your perspective on this is VERY helpful, I didn't realize how much animosity there was! Again, the orb definitely gave me trouble. I'll play around with dimensions, because as I mentioned above the last thing I want is for it to look like it's being crushed 😂 I don't think I'll go full gray with the blue, but it'll definitely be darkened and tinged with. In all likelihood Golden Gate (state), although the most obvious option, will probably be the one I go with (it helps to have the blessing of a local bay area-er!😁). 

Before these next edits, I really encourage everyone to help me out with details from areas you are all familiar with... if I make something for Pennsylvania (or whatever) that makes no sense, I'd like to know! @TheLogoFather72 did that a lot with the Illinois area, and everyone is welcome to contribute to that. With that, thank you everyone for the C&C on *UNNAMED BAY AREA SCHOOL GUARDIANS*, there will be some edits on it soon.

For now, a couple edits from previous schools.

First (and hopefully for the last time😱), CIU (NOT CILL)

pdusRMV.png

Took away the C-loop, brought up the bottom of the "u", and cut away a front bit so it's more distinguished from the swoop.

QM7uaXF.png

And for KWU, added some plume scruff. Didn't want to get too carried away with it, but it is a definite BIG upgrade. Thanks to @_DietDrPepper_ for the assist on this one

There might be a new school later today depending on how inspired I feel, but hope you guys enjoy this tweaks for now. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'm anywhere as close to 50% completion as I actually am, thank you so much everyone for helping me out and I always welcome more C&C!

I promise there will be some updates soon, but the last few days have been a lull of disinterest punctuated by excitement about new schools. Edits will be done, but if I'm really not feeling it at the moment I'd rather wait to mess with it. Thanks for your patience as always, this one gave me a couple days worth of trouble! Slinking in from Maine...

Maine State University Foresters

Affiliation: Power East

Colors: Barn Red, White, Storm Gray

"Talk On The Street" - Greta Van Fleet

Nx0r6m5.png

This one is not a super long explanation, so I'll get to it. I was going to go with something seafood themed... until I saw a picture of my old maine coon cat. Maine Coons are BIG OLE boys, super long hair and floofy tails (also the state cat of Maine). These cats are related to Norwegian Forest Cats, and with Maine having a reliance on the lumber industry as well, I went with “Foresters” as the name (Coons did not sound right). The primary is a maine coon stoically looking into the distance (something about looking into the future while staying true to the past yadda yadda). It's shape is also meant to give off subtle wavey vibes in reference to the coast of maine. The secondary is a "S" with some fluffy tails going off in either direction. I think this looked better than I thought it would, but not COMPLETELY happy with it. C&C is always welcome, thanks everyone!

I had this next one all ready yesterday, and then completely changed it today😂 Skulking in from Northern Illinois...

Prairie State University Coyotes

Affiliation: Midwest Union

Colors: Oak Green, Sunflower Yellow, Leaf Green

"Go It Alone" - Beck

9b56BMZ.png

Coyotes (pronounced Kai-yoat [No "ee"]), were easy to design but very difficult to make mine/unique. There are a 1000 coyote logos out there... but it came together with the name "Prairie State", giving me this image of a coyote slinking in through the prairie grass. The logo is a stylized version of that, and the secondary is a paw print of the same style. Colors come from the grass highlights and shadows and looked good with yellow. Again, simpler to explain than execute. Enjoy!

Archived