American Collegiate Athletics Federation (Looking for C&C 9/9/21)

the_grateful_ted

The corrupt and despicable NCAA has been wiped off the face of the earth, and existing colleges no longer have any desire to host college athletics. In it's place, the American Collegiate Athletics Federation and its partners have stepped in to the fill the void. 

spacer.png

The ACAF operates through 6 conferences across the continental United States. Three conferences have 12 members, and three have 14 members. These 78 schools each represent a specific region of the US. In some cases a school might represent an entire state, in others it could be a representation of a geographic or cultural region of a state

Spoiler

In doing this, I'm hoping that each school has a very distinct personality. In other attempts at a similar project, it was difficult to give every single school a memorable and cool brand. Hopefully in planning it out this way, each school has a lot of unique ideas to draw from that seperate them from eachother.

Super Central

East Texas

Texas School of Wells Prairie Dogs

Spoiler

JMmVr1o.png

Rio Grande State University Mayans

Spoiler

SEBsm2t.png

University of Coastal Texas Rays

Spoiler

GdrhNzK.png

Dixie Oklahoma

Oklahoma A&M University Okies

Spoiler

ANivhhB.png

Ouachita University Racers 

Spoiler

zzQpO7c.png

Arkansas Lowlands

Western Trail University Wranglers

Spoiler

9xXLSTX.png

Metro Kansas

Platte State University Engineers

Spoiler

vo7PSXe.png

Northern Missouri

Territorial Twelve 

Grand Canyon College Javelinas

Spoiler

ra2U6Yw.png

Saguaro State University Monsoons

Spoiler

mDpSYXA.png

Yucca University Roadrunners

Spoiler

auWTEMl.png

Western Colorado

Rocky Mountain State University Mammoths 

Spoiler

B7hlL6I.png

University of Southern Colorado Sidewinders

Spoiler

IFXqes5.png

Saint Francis of Assisi University Sea Lions

Spoiler

eUP9fU3.png

California International University Harlequins

Spoiler

pdusRMV.png

Channel Islands Institute of Technology Islanders

Spoiler

7qzsX9n.png

Inland California

Lower Utah

Southern Nevada

Pacific Frontier

Northern Utah
Bay Tech University Guardians

Spoiler

j4ZSTMJ.png

University of Northern California Condors

Spoiler

vAxMqGI.png

University of Central Oregon Dragons

Spoiler

jbof09l.png

Coastal Oregon

Tri Rivers University Cavemen 

Spoiler

hz3Y3xk.png

Coastal Washington

Polaris University Pathfinders

Spoiler

KWSPD1o.png

University of Southern Idaho Wizards

Spoiler

hZZ0otv.png

Panhandle State University of Idaho Spuds

Spoiler

JJwVAbo.png

High Plains University Sauropods 

Spoiler

24p9btl.png

Wyoming

Midwest Union

Dakota Tech University Saxons 

Spoiler

lckK29l.png

South Dakota

University of Upper Michigan Fighting Mooses

Spoiler

sy75hO3.png

Prairie State University Coyotes

Spoiler

9b56BMZ.png

Lincoln University Tornadoes

Spoiler

bsgMTcV.png

Eastern Iowa

Rose & Oak University Owls

Spoiler

Lcn4CGz.png

Wisconsin

Mideastern Michigan University Smiths

Spoiler

KCXax8L.png

University of Makatawa Oranje

Spoiler

hpibD3x.png

North Indiana

South Indiana

Superior College Giants

Spoiler

jVGvutA.png

Plains Minnesota

Power East

University of Lake Erie Phantoms

Spoiler

hdtw6CA.png

University of Eastern Ohio Barons

Spoiler

yobOixX.png

Appalachian Christian University Colliers

Spoiler

kWYuG0e.png

NE Pennsylvania

Keystone University Vampires

Spoiler

scrdXyl.png

Virginia Maritime University Tidesmen

Spoiler

snRd1l8.png

Inland Virginia 

Maine State University Foresters

Spoiler

Nx0r6m5.png

Green Mountain State University Swarm

Spoiler

hpavnnE.png

Delaware 

Massachusetts

New York City

University of Utica Gladiators

Spoiler

W0Af7ei.png

Grand Old South

South Florida

North Florida

Crockett University Scouts

Spoiler

bxt7VeP.png

Memphis State University Flyers

Spoiler

9jJzB25.png

Southern Arkansas

University of Charleston Cannoneers

Spoiler

vf22NII.png

Kentucky Commonwealth University Chevaliers 

Spoiler

QM7uaXF.png

Alabama Baptist University Bloodhounds

Spoiler

605vJSw.png

Blue Ridge College Brigands

Spoiler

ywFpAm9.png

Coastal North Carolina 

Inland North Carolina

Medgar Evers University Sabers

Spoiler

vIofQlv.png

Georgia Atlantic University Herons

Spoiler

HIODao9.png

Louisiana  

Above are the regions that there will be a school in, in their respective conferences. You might notice that one of these regions actually has a name already, you'd be right! Representing the region of Northern/Plateau Arizona...

Grand Canyon College Javelinas

Affiliation: Territorial Twelve 

Colors: Sedona Red, Dark Purple, White

"Tequila Sunrise" - Eagles

ra2U6Yw.png

The Northern third of Arizona has a much higher elevation than the rest of Arizona, the biggest Ponderosa Pine forest in the country, and some of the most recognizable locations in the state. The name is obviously taken from one of them, the color is take from another, and the "Four Peaks" are represented in the secondary logo. For a primary, we have a simple yet classy interlocked letter combination. For the secondary, the mascot in question (ha-vuh-lee-na).

I would like to do uniforms for these teams  after I attempt to finish EVERY team's branding (sheesh). So please, don't ask about uniforms until then. As well as this, conference logos will come out whenever I am hit with inspiration for them (they are for some reason the most difficult part for me). Lastly, these will come out whenever I have the time. I'm a student athlete on spring break at the moment, so I have a little more time than usual. When school starts back up, progress will slow down significantly. If I have not posted in a while, feel free to comment but please don't say "WHEN IS THE NEXT SCHOOL COMING OUT".

With all that out of the way, please throw some C&C at me! Looking for some critique on my javelina logo, as well critique on my choice of regions. If you think that a super-duper important region is being left out, or one should be replaced, let me know! I love learning about stuff like that. Lastly, I have no pre-determined order I'm going in. I'll let the first suggestion determine the next school I tackle, if you see someone has already suggested a region then please do not comment another suggestion. Thank you so much for taking a look everyone, looking forward to getting this show on the road!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh super excited for this series! 

Are you doing different sports or just football?

Both Javelin logos look pretty good. As mentioned above youre missing some of the outline on the GC logo. As for the Javelin one, it seems like there are two small "points" on either side of the outer circle where the curve turns into the base of the tree. Also the outer most outline looks to have two different stroke sizes, the bottom half is slightly thicker than the top, tree outline, portion. Very minor things, overall a really nice start!

Also... GO EASTERN MICHIGAN!

4 hours ago, JG36 said:

The whole shape of the logo is reminding me of a paw, like a bear or cougar logo would have. Other than that, looks good! I’d like to see the rest of the Territorial Twelve first. 

Definitely taking this one back to the drawing board, got some ideas that would simplify+generally improve the look. I probably won't do entire conferences one at a time so I avoid burning out on an area, but you'll see another one soon (thank you for the comment!)

4 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Your missing some interior outlining on the CG logo. And the Javelina needs some tweaking but I like this set and I'm excited for this series! 

Can't believe I missed that, good catch! More than a few tweaks I think, expect something different in the next day or two. That makes two of us😀

3 hours ago, GDLions said:

Oh super excited for this series! 

Are you doing different sports or just football?

Both Javelin logos look pretty good. As mentioned above youre missing some of the outline on the GC logo. As for the Javelin one, it seems like there are two small "points" on either side of the outer circle where the curve turns into the base of the tree. Also the outer most outline looks to have two different stroke sizes, the bottom half is slightly thicker than the top, tree outline, portion. Very minor things, overall a really nice start!

Also... GO EASTERN MICHIGAN!

Great to hear!

Football has always been my first love, but if I find some proper templates I'd love to tackle basketball (possibly baseball) as well.

Can't BELIEVE I missed that, will be updated tomorrow. Agreed, the outlines ended up looking pretty janky (one of the pitfalls of using such a simplistic designer sometimes). I have something in my mind that should be a big improvement, stay tuned and thank you for the C&C!

2 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

What does the roman number III signify?

Nike Speak: Represents the three pillars of the ACAF: Achievement, Integrity, Growth

Real reason: Just looked good, didn't want to add too many and make it more complicated than what I had in mind.

Thank you everybody for the interest and helpful comments, hopefully I'll get an update on the 'Linas in the next day or two, fingers crossed for a new school (Eastern Michigan?) as well!

Being located in Phoenix, this identity feels the farthest thing from Flag to me. I’d expect more vibrant forest colors. Blues, greens and maybe that purple could fit in if used correctly. Pros is that I would happily be represented by a Javelina any day (Most people in the state wouldn’t argue that). Cons would be that “Southern Arizona” is the other team in the conference that rep AZ and I instantly think Tucson, which more than deserves a school, but I’d never claim to be a fan of either based on state rivalry that’s already drilled into my head. Perfect college feel to it and I love the colors and mascot. That’s a design that gets a member excited for a thread!

14 minutes ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Being located in Phoenix, this identity feels the farthest thing from Flag to me. I’d expect more vibrant forest colors. Blues, greens and maybe that purple could fit in if used correctly. Pros is that I would happily be represented by a Javelina any day (Most people in the state wouldn’t argue that). Cons would be that “Southern Arizona” is the other team in the conference that rep AZ and I instantly think Tucson, which more than deserves a school, but I’d never claim to be a fan of either based on state rivalry that’s already drilled into my head. Perfect college feel to it and I love the colors and mascot. That’s a design that gets a member excited for a thread!

Well howdy, I was also born and raised in PHX! More than agree with you on colors, here’s my rationale: Although it’s in flag, it represents the whole northern half of the state. First thing that came to my mind was the landscapes, all the national parks that have the same super-bright red rock. Maybe doesn’t fit Flag, but I think it’s pretty and maybe represents North AZ a little better as a whole :)

Tucson was the first that came to my mind as well obviously, but maybe Yuma? Definitely a wildcard choice, Yuma is kinda a dump (sorry anyone from Yuma, you know it’s true). Could be a change of pace though, and it would keep it away from the Dirty T which is always a plus

2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Well howdy, I was also born and raised in PHX! More than agree with you on colors, here’s my rationale: Although it’s in flag, it represents the whole northern half of the state. First thing that came to my mind was the landscapes, all the national parks that have the same super-bright red rock. Maybe doesn’t fit Flag, but I think it’s pretty and maybe represents North AZ a little better as a whole :)

Tucson was the first that came to my mind as well obviously, but maybe Yuma? Definitely a wildcard choice, Yuma is kinda a dump (sorry anyone from Yuma, you know it’s true). Could be a change of pace though, and it would keep it away from the Dirty T which is always a plus

Yuma has always been a pass through for me on my drive back up to the Bay Area, so it is very hard to think of it in any other way. I think a mutual city without any real rivalry that is pretty well liked here, you know, the “oh you’re in Arizona you have to go to” favorite, would be Sedona. I think it’s a known city that would have a thriving university, and I’d not be disgruntled by my club hockey hate for NAU (Id suggest Prescott before Flag honestly). For the South it is much harder to trick teens into signing up for four years in the middle of nowhere. U of A reigns supreme for that in this country. Maybe label the university as Saguaro State? Great Arizona theme that gives the opportunity to place the school in a location around Tucson because it all falls in the National park. Screw it, this is fiction, we are going Florence and calling them the Jail Birds!

9 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Yuma has always been a pass through for me on my drive back up to the Bay Area, so it is very hard to think of it in any other way. I think a mutual city without any real rivalry that is pretty well liked here, you know, the “oh you’re in Arizona you have to go to” favorite, would be Sedona. I think it’s a known city that would have a thriving university, and I’d not be disgruntled by my club hockey hate for NAU (Id suggest Prescott before Flag honestly). For the South it is much harder to trick teens into signing up for four years in the middle of nowhere. U of A reigns supreme for that in this country. Maybe label the university as Saguaro State? Great Arizona theme that gives the opportunity to place the school in a location around Tucson because it all falls in the National park. Screw it, this is fiction, we are going Florence and calling them the Jail Birds!

Prescott is a great idea! Changed it in the first post, can't believe I didn't think of them. Southern AZ will definitely be a challenge... most likely will be in Tucson but won't be Tucson-centric. Florence 😂

Updated the javelina logo with a little "Mizzou Tiger" flavour. The updated logos are in the first post, but here it is on it's own as well. Ditched the mountains because there will be teams MUCH MORE deserving of a mountain-based brand in the future, and it made it a little too busy IMO. Any more C&C is appreciated as well, look out for the next one in the next couple days!

spacer.png

I think the problems lie in both your outlining and shapes, it doesn't look like anything in particular, add some more details, get rid of the white spike from the circle poking into the logo, the pink part of the javelina is jagged while the outside purple is smooth and it's throwing the whole thing off,. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 3/12/2020 at 12:14 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I think the problems lie in both your outlining and shapes, it doesn't look like anything in particular, add some more details, get rid of the white spike from the circle poking into the logo, the pink part of the javelina is jagged while the outside purple is smooth and it's throwing the whole thing off,. 

Thank you! I'm hitting a little bit of a snag on this one... do you have any ideas for ways to "rough up" the outside purple? I will definitely revisit this one, but in the mean time representing the Eastern Michigan region...

Mideastern Michigan University Smiths

Affiliation: Midwest Union

Colors: Pine Green, Industry Silver, White

"Superman" - Eminem

KCXax8L.png

Known locally simply as "Mideastern" or "Emmee", the smiths get their name from the long history of craftsmanship and industry in the eastern michigan region. I wanted some classic, kinda gritty colors for a region that exudes toughness. As a bonus, the founder of Flint's last name was Smith. The primary is shaped like an anvil, and the letters form an MU (with a second M in the negative space). The hammer in the primary always points East as tradition, and the secondary is some crossed hammers (which would probably be used on football helmets and the like).

I picked Flint, but Saginaw was also an option (I wanted to stay away from Lansing and Detroit because those seemed like too obvious of options). 

Let me know what you guys think!

17 hours ago, Blindsay said:

A little more detail on the hammers and we have magic.

I’m assuming you mean on the heads of the hammers? Ill see what I can do!

I will be away from my computer for the weekend, but seeing as how everything at uni has been canceled over next week I’ll have plenty of time to get back after it on Monday! Expect some edits to current stuff and a new school, as well as some more stuff to give a little more personality to the project. Thanks as always guys!

Mideastern Michigan looks great, love the colors and logos.

I agree about more detail in the hammers, but I also think that shrinking the highlight on the handles by about half would make it look less busy. Also, I don't know if this was intentional or not, but on the crossed hammers in the bottom right the highlight is white on one and silver on the other.

Well, getting kicked out of your dorm and driving 26 hours across the country in two days will really take it out of ya, but we're back at last! Made a few changes...

-Simplified the back area of the javelina a bit

-Thinned out the hammer detailing, tried to add some more detail on the mallet (?) part, but couldn't find something I liked.

-Added the logos as spoilers in the first post

-In the descriptions of the teams, I will be adding a song that I somehow associate with the team. These serve no real purpose except for me to share some music I think is cool, so feel free ignore them if you're not a fan!

Up next, a new face. Representing Western Oklahoma...

Oklahoma A&M University Okies

Affiliation: Super Central

Colors: Dust Gold, Soot Black

"Dust Bowl III" - Other Lives

ANivhhB.png

The Western and panhandle regions of Oklahoma were the epicenter of the "Dust Bowl", a series of dust storms that all but destroyed the agricultural capacity of the state and forced families from the regions west to California. They were called "Okies" by those from California. Agriculture has obviously played a very important role in this part of the state's history, so that's why I decided on "A&M" (also to avoid another direction+state name for a school). The primary is a windmill made of the letters O, A, and M. Windmills pop up in a lot of old pictures from the dust bowl era, and were iconic of rural farming communities in the time. I knew I wanted the OK state outline for a secondary, and a super common theme in older pictures are the older cars of migrating families, loaded up with all their belongings. The pictures are taken from behind, and the license plates have "OKLA" on them. I think it fits the aesthetic pretty well...

That's all I got for the Okies, if anyone has any comments or criticism (Or suggestions for the next region I should take on) let 'em rip!

First off, welcome home! Assuming you came back to the Grand Canyon state. Hope the drive wasn’t all that bad. I recall you saying you’re a student athlete, mind telling how that’s been during all of this?

As for the actual concepts, I think you locked down GCC, colors are Arizona and location is appropriate enough. Like the college feel of the logo, it is very Mizzou, like mentioned previously. This school gives off that ASU vibe. Has history but prefers a modern direction for the brand. Would not be surprised if Adidas had their hands on this school.

MU feels traditional throughout the whole identity. Logos are very college and I love the name. Would be difficult getting students to Flint though (Sorry Flint). Maybe it’s just the green and location, but Michigan Stare seems like an appropriate equal.

Okla A&M is probably my favorite so far. The colors are perfect for my taste and the use of A&M has balance that isn’t in your face but not too subtle. This one is hard to give one school, but seems to be a combo of the two in Oklahoma that everyone knows. A unique state/region name like OU, but with a scheme that has potential for bold new looks like OSU.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

First off, welcome home! Assuming you came back to the Grand Canyon state. Hope the drive wasn’t all that bad. I recall you saying you’re a student athlete, mind telling how that’s been during all of this?

As for the actual concepts, I think you locked down GCC, colors are Arizona and location is appropriate enough. Like the college feel of the logo, it is very Mizzou, like mentioned previously. This school gives off that ASU vibe. Has history but prefers a modern direction for the brand. Would not be surprised if Adidas had their hands on this school.

MU feels traditional throughout the whole identity. Logos are very college and I love the name. Would be difficult getting students to Flint though (Sorry Flint). Maybe it’s just the green and location, but Michigan Stare seems like an appropriate equal.

Okla A&M is probably my favorite so far. The colors are perfect for my taste and the use of A&M has balance that isn’t in your face but not too subtle. This one is hard to give one school, but seems to be a combo of the two in Oklahoma that everyone knows. A unique state/region name like OU, but with a scheme that has potential for bold new looks like OSU.

Thank you! Rained the whole damn time we were on the road, only time it snowed was actually in Northern AZ 😂 To put it simply, it really sucks being an athlete at an level during this time. ESPECIALLY for non-scholarship athletes, who really don't have a cost-effective way to come back for another year... but understandably public health comes first! 

Most definitely, already have an idea for some alternates and throwbacks for the 'linas 🤐

Agreed, realistically no one would go to Flint for school if they had a choice. I thought about Saginaw as well, but Flint just seemed like the best representation for that side of the state through its struggles and history. I didn't see the MSU similarities until after I had completed the school unfortunately, I thought about switching to Navy but Green just seemed to fit the region so well that I bit the bullet.

Much appreciated! This is definitely going to be a more traditional brand like OU.

Well, let's get back into it today with a little double feature! Representing Southern California...

Pacific International University Harlequins

Affiliation: Territorial Twelve

Colors: Sunset Gold, Sea Foam Blue, Black

"It Never Rains In  Southern California" - Albert Hammond

LIVCcEn.png

I wanted to get a little crazy with this one... I knew that I wanted an "International" school on the west coast, and it was down to SF or LA. I went with LA because I have a different route planned with the Bay area. I picked a character famous from the traditional theaters, which I thought fit LA as well. The primary is a harlequin mask, I'm not 100% happy with it but I'm pleased with the progress so any additional C&C specifically on it is encouraged! I was hitting a wall on the secondary, but oh well..

Next! From Coastal Virginia...

Virginia Maritime University Tidesmen

Affiliation: Power East

Colors: Depths Teal, White

"Ocean Breathes Salty" OR "Dashboard" - Modest Mouse

snRd1l8.png]

Inspired by the vast naval presence, as well as the Neptune statue on Virginia Beach. This school is supposed to be not directly affiliated with the Navy, but a huge presence within the Military (think Texas A&M). The nickname comes from another name for the region of Coastal Virginia, Tidewater. The primary is a kickass trident coming out of a wave, the secondary is Neptune (look to the Virginia Beach statue for reference).

Enjoy guys, C&C always welcome!

For the first few secs, I couldn’t see the clown in the harlequins. Looks more like a penguin.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived