sleuthpanther

American Collegiate Athletics Federation (Sultans added 5/22)

3 hours ago, TheLogoFather72 said:

ok

Please keep from replying “ok” and other variations of this response to threads. It does not add anything for the person presenting their work and it tends to put the person posting the comments on the bad side of some of the community. I am no mod, but just wanted to be a little proactive and give you a heads up.

Other than that, I see there are a couple of new looks with no thoughts so I’ll have a go.

Maine State - While I think the connection between Foresters and the Maine Coon is a bit too loose, I still like the idea of the unique mascot. In Maine you really only see identities that are nautical or based around their fantastic seafood industry, so this is a refreshing spin. The logo package is solid and I’d like to know why you aren’t completely happy with it. The cat is big and as stoic as a house cat can look, and the fluffy S really makes that secondary. The only thing I can think of is the letters around the S that are vastly overshadowed. Nice call on the colors, gives a real traditional UMass Amherst vibe.

PSU - Speaking of colors, this is a good combo for putting a twist on the traditional green/gold. Though a double green and white is preferred, the gold feels like it works here. At first I was going to push for the change, but I eventually let my mind think that PSU is an older school that really wanted a refresh and Nike took them from Green/Gold/White to Green/Neon/Gold. The visual of the coyote stalking it’s prey was a clever way to include the prairie in the visual identity. The secondary, in the fiction I’ve created, is what I’d imagine was the school’s original mark prior to the refresh (original without all the fancy highlights of course). I think the grass in the paw gives something that is needed in that empty space. If you need an idea for their third logo I’d go a throwback with a simplified paw in a P, then “PSU” in classic college block lettering, with a Green/Gold/White scheme color scheme. It would help for alt jerseys.

5 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Please keep from replying “ok” and other variations of this response to threads. It does not add anything for the person presenting their work and it tends to put the person posting the comments on the bad side of some of the community. I am no mod, but just wanted to be a little proactive and give you a heads up.

Other than that, I see there are a couple of new looks with no thoughts so I’ll have a go.

Maine State - While I think the connection between Foresters and the Maine Coon is a bit too loose, I still like the idea of the unique mascot. In Maine you really only see identities that are nautical or based around their fantastic seafood industry, so this is a refreshing spin. The logo package is solid and I’d like to know why you aren’t completely happy with it. The cat is big and as stoic as a house cat can look, and the fluffy S really makes that secondary. The only thing I can think of is the letters around the S that are vastly overshadowed. Nice call on the colors, gives a real traditional UMass Amherst vibe.

PSU - Speaking of colors, this is a good combo for putting a twist on the traditional green/gold. Though a double green and white is preferred, the gold feels like it works here. At first I was going to push for the change, but I eventually let my mind think that PSU is an older school that really wanted a refresh and Nike took them from Green/Gold/White to Green/Neon/Gold. The visual of the coyote stalking it’s prey was a clever way to include the prairie in the visual identity. The secondary, in the fiction I’ve created, is what I’d imagine was the school’s original mark prior to the refresh (original without all the fancy highlights of course). I think the grass in the paw gives something that is needed in that empty space. If you need an idea for their third logo I’d go a throwback with a simplified paw in a P, then “PSU” in classic college block lettering, with a Green/Gold/White scheme color scheme. It would help for alt jerseys.

Appreciate all the kind words 😁 Something about the secondary seemed off to me, just not as "flowing" as I would've liked I think. Might tweak it in the future, but I've only heard good things do far so we'll see! PSU is definitely one of the newer brands in the universe. With a lot of these newer schools, they will definitely have older style throwback looks :) Again, thank you so much for the comments, I enjoy when people add their own twist to the history of these schools, adds some flavor to the whole thing! 

I'm really struggling with a St. Francis rebrand, so please be patient as that comes together. Golden Gate U should be up tomorrow, so again thank you for bearing with me on that. I've hit total roadblocks the last couple days on a few different concepts, but I finally have something to share! From Mississippi...

Medgar Evers University Sultans

Affiliation: Grand Ole South

Colors: Ottoman Scarlet, White, Steel Gray

"Rococo" - Arcade Fire

KBphyzJ.png

So, Mississippi has a pretty crappy history (and their name is hard to spell), so I went a different direction for the school name. Medgar Evans was a famous civil rights activist from Mississippi, and considering their sketchy history with doing "the morally crappy thing", this sat better with me than some other naming options. Their nickname just sounded fun, I've wanted to do a "Sultan" for a while. I went about it the most respectful way I thought I could, the primary is based off two crossed Janissary (elite ottoman infantry) swords and the secondary is based off some paintings of Suleiman the Magnificent. The one thing I could use an assist with is the shading of the beard, so I look forward with some help from you guys n gals on that. That's all I got, please enjoy, and stay home and stay safe!

3 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Medgar Evans was a famous civil rights activist from Mississippi

So this must be an HBCU.