Ferdinand Cesarano

jerseys/logos in television and movies

On 3/17/2020 at 7:47 AM, disman00911 said:

Mr. Baseball (1992) - Dragons uniforms based on the Los Angeles Dodgers
spacer.png

The Chunichi Dragons of Nippon Professional Baseball's Central League actually wore these Dodger-based uniforms from 1987 through 1996.

On 3/13/2020 at 12:42 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I couldn't find a currently open thread on this matter; so I thought I would start one.

On the very funny HBO show Avenue 5, there have been several instances of current (or slightly older than current) logos and jerseys.  This is odd because the show is set in 2060.

It makes sense to me that someone in that year would wear the Cavs jersey of an all-time great like LeBron James.  This is the equivalent of someone wearing a Magic or Bird jersey today.  

avenue-5-lebron.png

But are we expected to believe that Ezekiel Elliott will be equally fondly remembered in forty years' time?

avenue-5-elliott.png

And evidently there will still be some merchandise available then that has the old NFL shield logo.

avenue-5-49ers.png

Clearly this show put no effort into selecting these articles of clothing.  This is a bit surprising for a show that is otherwise very well designed.  By contrast, a show that was paying attention to this question might have had some fun whipping up some plausible future logos for these teams and leagues.

Damn that Zeke Jersey looks fresh off DHGate lol

On 3/17/2020 at 7:47 AM, disman00911 said:

The Fan (1996) - San Francisco Giants
spacer.png

What’s the story here? Braves jersey with a Giants cap? I’ve never seen the movie. 

Chevy Chase rocking a Seahawks cap in the long forgotten Disney film Man of the House (1995).

kein-vater-gesucht!-man-of-the-house-usa

14 hours ago, Gobbi said:

What’s the story here? Braves jersey with a Giants cap? I’ve never seen the movie. 

This film was about Robert De Niro playing a San Francisco Giants fan who becomes psychotically obsessed with the team's slugger (played by Welsey Snipes). I don't remember that particular scene as it has years since I last saw this movie.  I needed to find a scene from that movie that fits this topic. 

On 4/18/2020 at 11:20 AM, disman00911 said:

This film was about Robert De Niro playing a San Francisco Giants fan who becomes psychotically obsessed with the team's slugger (played by Welsey Snipes). I don't remember that particular scene as it has years since I last saw this movie.  I needed to find a scene from that movie that fits this topic. 

Snipes' character, Bobby Rayburn, use to play for the Braves and signed with the Giants, which is why De Niro's character was wearing the Braves jersey and the Giants cap