jerseys/logos in television and movies

Two things:

1. The quality of the Hawkins basketball uniforms  and warmups in stranger things season 4 is surprisingly good both in terms of the uniform design and construction (tackle twill numbers/logos). They also appear to be era-appropriate material as well.

spacer.png

Not a great picture but it was the best I could find. 
2. Lucas wears #8, which I found distracting and super annoying because that number would not be available to a high school basketball player. I told my wife and she shrugged and rolled her eyes. I guess it’s a Kobe tribute thing, but still, it made my uni-geek rash itch.

• Like 3

On 5/31/2022 at 3:15 PM, 8BW14 said:

Two things:

1. The quality of the Hawkins basketball uniforms  and warmups in stranger things season 4 is surprisingly good both in terms of the uniform design and construction (tackle twill numbers/logos). They also appear to be era-appropriate material as well.

spacer.png

2. Lucas wears #8, which I found distracting and super annoying because that number would not be available to a high school basketball player. I told my wife and she shrugged and rolled her eyes. I guess it’s a Kobe tribute thing, but still, it made my uni-geek rash itch.

re 2- especially because both 24 and 33 (Kobe’s HS #) are both legal numbers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OaklandIsBack said:

re 2- especially because both 24 and 33 (Kobe’s HS #) are both legal numbers 

Yeah you’d think a kid his age would associate Kobe with #24 more so than 8 anyway

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 6:15 PM, 8BW14 said:

Two things:

spacer.png

I doubt anyone involved knew High School basketball numbering rules.

• Like 2