G League Uniform Concepts 14/30 (Agua Caliente Clippers added!)

sawakita33

On 5/3/2020 at 5:21 AM, timberwolf said:

I understand the difficulty of balancing three bold colours, such as these.

This set is so close to being perfect, just needs a little more.

It's hard to balance the colors and follow the Bulls template because it went from a 3 color set (🔴⚫⚪) to a 4 color one (🔴🔵⚫⚪).

The first row has trims very similar to the Bulls with black strips in between the middle and outer rings.

The second row has black on the trims. For the third row, the wordmark and number is black. You can just switch red jerseys from the last row and the original post.

Personally, I still like my original post the most.

YAIGBt0.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@qckgnc The last of the pinstriped Eastern conference teams is the Greensboro Swarm. Again, it's a simplified/modernized version of a classic. Greensboro actually uses gray and black as base of its uniforms but I couldn't really talk myself into using gray. The black one looks good though. Black Hornets jerseys always had some gimmick that felt tacky to me. I would love it for Charlotte to fully embrace the stripes again so I like these more than the NBA parent club's set.

SJv84EP.png

• sawakita33 changed the title to G League Uniform Concepts (Greensboro Swarm added!)

Love this update, it's different enough from the actual Hornets set to justify it. The black actually works for Greensboro, but I'm with you in that it should never touch a Hornets jersey again. This actually isn't what I want the real Hornets to do but I think these changes work perfectly for an affiliate. Good stuff!

the user formerly known as cdclt

13 hours ago, sawakita33 said:

@qckgnc The last of the pinstriped Eastern conference teams is the Greensboro Swarm. Again, it's a simplified/modernized version of a classic. Greensboro actually uses gray and black as base of its uniforms but I couldn't really talk myself into using gray. The black one looks good though. Black Hornets jerseys always had some gimmick that felt tacky to me. I would love it for Charlotte to fully embrace the stripes again so I like these more than the NBA parent club's set.

SJv84EP.png

This would be an upgrade to the current Hornets set imo.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:42 AM, QCS said:

Love this update, it's different enough from the actual Hornets set to justify it. The black actually works for Greensboro, but I'm with you in that it should never touch a Hornets jersey again. This actually isn't what I want the real Hornets to do but I think these changes work perfectly for an affiliate. Good stuff!

Thanks Mr. CLT! 😁 What's your idea for a Hornets rebrand?

@Seadragon76 As promised, here is Iowa Energy. I combined the current branding with the Garnett era jerseys. Instead of trees, the north pointing arrow is used for the pattern. It actually kind of looks like jolts of energy so it fits! I like the Wolves's colors but I really don't like their uniforms. They should be using more of the green and the arrow (which was hyped prior to their unveiling). So to me, this set is an upgrade.

sR8ELCE.png

• sawakita33 changed the title to G League Uniform Concepts (Iowa Energy added!)

The Energy look great! Great colors and the arrow pattern looks awesome! I literally can't think of anything that would improve this. What's the logo on the side of the shorts opposite the Timberwolves logo? Is it the Iowa Wolves logo?

If I was in charge of rebranding the Hornets, we'd literally just go back to the original set. Since we can't do that, I'd start with the NOLA Hornets' most recent logo as a base and modify it to be the correct 90s colors and say "Charlotte". I'd make it so the collars didn't overlap and I think it'd be cool if the Charlotte crown was on the "belt buckle" of the shorts, at least on the alt. If I could change just one thing, however, I'd make it so at least one of our jerseys actually said Charlotte.

the user formerly known as cdclt

11 hours ago, QCS said:

What's the logo on the side of the shorts opposite the Timberwolves logo? Is it the Iowa Wolves logo?

I think that's a recolored version of the Grizzlies-era Iowa Energy logo. The overall design of the angry ball is much simpler compared to the original version.

As for the concept itself, I like it very much. Maybe the green could be lightened even more, a la Seattle Seahawks, but it's your choice. I wonder what's the font that you've used for this? I need something like that too for my concepts.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:24 AM, edjb93 said:

As for the concept itself, I like it very much. Maybe the green could be lightened even more, a la Seattle Seahawks, but it's your choice. I wonder what's the font that you've used for this? I need something like that too for my concepts.

Hey kababayan, I was supposed to use the 90's Wolves colors and forgot to change the green to neon haha. I'll try the set with the current green to see how it looks.

The font used is GarnetCapitals-Black. I search in What The Font to find similar fonts 😉.

Thanks to @qckgnc's tip, here is Birmingham Bayhawks! Based on a google search, I learned that bayhawks are actually ospreys, which can be found in Alabama. I don't think there are a lot of them in Birmingham, but what the heck. The name has a nice ring to it. If you guys have a better idea for a team name please post them on the comments.

Now to the jerseys. It is an update on the New Orleans Jazz threads with Bayhawks text. I never really liked the Pelicans branding and everyone loves the Mardi Gras colors. Switching to them as primary instantly makes better uniforms. 

hN5YaUy.png

• sawakita33 changed the title to G League Uniform Concepts 12/30 (Birmingham BayHawks added!)
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm back after playing a lot of Civilization 6 on my pc 😂. Up next we have the Capital City GoGo. I 100% copied this from @Krz but I have his consent. Using the DC flag as stripes was just perfect. Washington's jerseys (current and previous) are inspired by the USA flag and the G League affiliate's should be taken from the capital city flag. There's quite a lot going on in the chest area but I'd say it's the same with the Wizards. These might be a slight upgrade than its NBA counterparts because of the font. I really don't like the Wizards' font. Or the Wizards name. 

p1mzaO3.png

• sawakita33 changed the title to G League Uniform Concepts 13/30 (Capital City GoGo added!)
  • 4 months later...

I'm back after several months. 😂 It's jersey season again and I wanted to be back in the game.

First up is the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario. Such a long name.. I selected elements from their San Diego era - the sky blue and orange colors and the nautical symbols. I also used the classic Clippers cursive wordmarks. The waist logo is a City of Ontario symbol (not sure if it's from the flag but I found it in their website). These threads definitely look better than what the Clippers wear now. I think I'd rather use sky blue and red as the primary colors but that would already be the third such team in my league. For fun, I used a similar template as that of the South Bay Lakers. 🤣

G6TOS5z.png

• sawakita33 changed the title to G League Uniform Concepts 14/30 (Agua Caliente Clippers added!)

Archived