Cincinnati Bengals Rebrand

Lumbergh

With all this extra time at home right now, I've taken a crack at a Bengals rebrand. This is at the beginning stages so far but I'm liking the direction it's going. I tried it with a white outline while on a dark backing, but it looks a little better and more modern without it (a la Panthers, Jags). C&C is much appreciated, and uniforms to come soon.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I feel the expression on the tiger's eyes doesn't quite hit the mark, honestly; it doesn't really convey anger or aggression so much as he looks like he just saw something that made him really sad. I'd tweak the eyes slightly, make them look a bit more aggressive.

The logo itself is a vast improvement on the current Bengals primary, though.

I think you've done a nice job of capturing the Bengal; however, it looks like its standing and panting, versus being an aggressive predator it needs to be for this application. The Ohio icon... love it!!

The eye needs to have a focus to it that says, I'm hunting, and you are my prey. (cheesy, but not sure how else to say that) 

That said, a nice start... 

The color works great, but the eye itself still looks pretty unaggressive. The upward curve on the upper lid makes it look scared or sad, not angry. Straightening the lid gives it a more aggressive, ferocious look, like this (do excuse my crude MS Paint-fu, I just got a new computer not too long ago);

spacer.png

The blue line is what I think would work great; gives it more of an aggressive look, as opposed to the more afraid-looking version you have right now.

Are TV numbers actually necessary nowadays?  A few of the XFL teams don't even have them and I don't think it effects the viewing experience. 

Besides, IIRC, the Bengals were the last team to adopt TV numbers.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:53 PM, miltonANDlumbergh said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Those uniforms are sexy! A little unsure about the font (maybe a change there, plus the addition of TV numbers), but man does the rest of the uniform look sharp. What if you did this style for an orange uniform like they currently have?

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

The jerseys look really good.

The logo still needs a lot of work. The strokes are too thin, the face is too wimpy. Not quite NFL-ready. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived