Dilbert

Rite Aid new logo

Rite Aid (or whats left of them that were not purchased by Walgreens) is updating its look and plans to renovate their stores

Old

spacer.png

New

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Rite Aid (or whats left of them that were not purchased by Walgreens) is updating its look and plans to renovate their stores

Old

spacer.png

New

spacer.png

The logo definitely needed update, but not so sure about this one. Nice of them to differentiate from others with unique colors, but I'm mixed on the emblem.

8 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

The logo definitely needed update, but not so sure about this one. Nice of them to differentiate from others with unique colors, but I'm mixed on the emblem.

Agree. It looks like it might be a logo for a homeopathy company.

Does Rite Aid have European stores? Because the green motif looks to align with the way I've seen Pharmacies in some European countries:

dutch-pharmacy-pharmacy-sign-netherlands

Central%20Pharmacy.JPG?itok=lkJDNPXW

french_pharmacy_wishlist.jpg

I wonder if this look fits into the rest of the Albertson's (new owners) companies. 

17 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I wonder if this look fits into the rest of the Albertson's (new owners) companies. 

Looks like that fell though :)

At first I wanted to hate they used that logo for so long.

But I am digging the art deco font, and blue & green is pleasant.

I always figured if they ever changed their logo the sheild wasn't going to say rite aid anymore, since it makes it say it twice on their signs.

21 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Does Rite Aid have European stores? Because the green motif looks to align with the way I've seen Pharmacies in some European countries:

dutch-pharmacy-pharmacy-sign-netherlands

Central%20Pharmacy.JPG?itok=lkJDNPXW

french_pharmacy_wishlist.jpg

In the United States, green has come to be the color of cannabis dispensaries.  I'm pretty sure that is not a look Rite Aid is looking to emulate.

Looking at their logo transition video, there is also an alternate blue & white version.

A7TkxXp.png

Here is said video.

A mortar and pestle? Strange flex from a company that sells cough drops, Merck drugs, and cheap last-second toys for panicked parents on their way to a kid's birthday party.

16 hours ago, C-Squared said:

A mortar and pestle? Strange flex from a company that sells cough drops, Merck drugs, and cheap last-second toys for panicked parents on their way to a kid's birthday party.

They still have to pretend that the back corner is the focus of the store (and it's still important regardless of what is going on in the other 90% of the space).  It's a pretty universal shorthand, so I think it makes sense.

I think it's interesting that the first picture that Dilbert posted is different from the ones that EddieJ has. Look at how the I's line up in the first one, I like it better that way.

7 hours ago, leopard88 said:

They still have to pretend that the back corner is the focus of the store (and it's still important regardless of what is going on in the other 90% of the space).  It's a pretty universal shorthand, so I think it makes sense.

I think they're pillaging holistic iconography to push poorly-researched if not purposefully harmful drugs, but that's a whole separate soap box! 😅

47 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

I think they're pillaging holistic iconography to push poorly-researched if not purposefully harmful drugs, but that's a whole separate soap box! 😅

That's a fair point.

Last night someone shared the blow-dryer method to kill the coronavirus with me so I think we deserve what we get.