NHL Adidas Uniform Concepts (05 teams) (04.05.20)

builtbymachines

• *** I can’t seem to find the perfect color calibration on my laptop that I use for these, so PLEASE let me know if a color seems to differ from my explanation or what would seem logical to you.

•  I made my own template for the very first time ( A TON of trial and error). (* Used the sportstemplates.net jerseys as a reference, and traced most of the elements from them.)

• I always believe that a team's identity lives in it's primary logo.
  • One of my goals is to have uniform sets that compliment and use aspects of the logo in order to create a uniform that makes sense.

As you will see in my following posts, I will place the teams current jerseys at the top, and my designs underneath. Pretty straightforward.

***For now I will just be doing Home and Away versions because the possibilities are endless for Alternates, so I chose to focus on just two jerseys per team at this time.

• I will try to adhere to the one pants color / style but that may change.
  •  I'm avoiding doing shoulder logos for now until I really get the ball rolling on this concept.

--------------------------------------------

BOSTON BRUINS

spacer.png

I know most everybody thinks of the Bruins uniform setup as perfect, but I see it as something that personally could be executed better. Not saying that I will accomplish this, but I'll try.

1 - Thickened the logo overall and replaced the black "B" with a gold one. (Both choices where not something I felt was necessary in the grand scheme of this, but I wanted to add a little bit more of a modern feel to my Bruins concept.)

2 - For the striping, I wanted to follow the actual striping and color pattern that is found in the logo, so I made the sleeve and sock stripes the same thickness as in the logo, along with making the stripe yellow with the black trim followed by white.

3 - The thick black collar followed by the gold is meant to mimic the black circle followed by the gold trim on the outside of the logo.

4 - Added the gold stripe at the bottom of the jersey for color balance.

WINNIPEG JETS

spacer.png

1 - Overhauled the primary logo and team's colors. I wanted a darker blue to try and bring out the bright blue (left the same).

2 - I'm sure there is significance to the double-strips on the current Jet's uniforms, but in order to follow along with the primary logo, I changed things up.

3 - Not sure if this set seems a little bottom heavy? Especially on the home uniforms...

OTTAWA SENATORS

VERSION 01:

spacer.png

VERSION 02:

spacer.png

1 - Switch from the current primary logo to: "(Alternate Logo 2007/08 - Pres)" as the primary.

2 - New shades of Red and "Gold".

3 - Used a darker shade of red on the Home Jersey, with the brighter red from the logo acting as an accent along with the gold.

FLORIDA PANTHERS

VERSION 01:

spacer.png

VERSION 02:

spacer.png

1 - Modified the primary logo. I felt the "Florida / Panthers" for the current home and away just take too much from the overall look.

2 - Tried to pinch and pull the logo to make the panther feel more "proud" and as if it were standing / sitting taller.

3 - Tried to make the colors a mixture of the teams original red and blue (well a representation of it), along with the tan.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

VERSION 01:

spacer.png

VERSION 02:

spacer.png

1 - Switch to the alternate cannon logo as the primary.

2 - Removed red from the color scheme and made bright blue a complimentary color to the dark blue.

3 - Couldn't find the exact match for the teams newer (2017) font but I did my best.

4** - I get what everyone is saying about adding red and even though it might make the uniforms pop a little more, I plan to darken the blue for the New York Rangers and I feel that both teams would wind up looking too similar.

Columbus loses seniority in this case so that played a huge part in my decision to remove the red.

This is especially something I want to avoid with teams in the same division (Boston and Pittsburgh will probably be my only exception due to the long history of both teams.)

Red will however, be prominent in the alternate uniforms. I hope everyone gets where I'm coming from here...

Well, I'll be your first response.

Bruins/Jets are great. Tone down the gold on the Senators because it looks too bright, and maybe make a red version of the Panthers' uniform. And a Vice City version of it as well.

For the panthers, the tail stripe should be added. Feels plain without one. Also, I second @ChiCity95 on the primary jersey colour choice. Red is already associated with the Panthers since the beginning. Switching to navy blue didn't sit right with.

Other than that, I'm impressed with your custom made template. Keep up the good work.

8 hours ago, ChiCity95 said:

Well, I'll be your first response.

Bruins/Jets are great. Tone down the gold on the Senators because it looks too bright, and maybe make a red version of the Panthers' uniform. And a Vice City version of it as well.

By too bright do you mean go with a different shade of gold because it looks too yellow?

8 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

For the panthers, the tail stripe should be added. Feels plain without one. Also, I second @ChiCity95 on the primary jersey colour choice. Red is already associated with the Panthers since the beginning. Switching to navy blue didn't sit right with.

Other than that, I'm impressed with your custom made template. Keep up the good work.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by tail stripe, but I’m guessing you mean any stripe at the bottom of the jersey?

I started off with red but felt the blue looked better, so I will make the blue the eventual alternate and change the home back to red.

Also can you or anyone tell me if the red used for Florida looks RED or ORANGE...

It come off as red on my laptop but seems orange on my phone and tv. I tried calibration on my laptop but can’t seem to come to a final conclusion there.

7 hours ago, builtbymachines said:

By too bright do you mean go with a different shade of gold because it looks too yellow?

Look at the shade of yellow/gold that teams like the Bruins and Penguins use. The gold that you use for the Sens is a little faded, imo.

Revised Ottawa and Florida. Mostly color changes.

I went with a darker red for Florida because I feel like the uniforms are reminiscent of the Canadiens.

I figure Montreal would have seniority in this situation therefore keeping the bright red, and the Panthers will have a darker one.

I made the lines and fonts slightly bigger for Columbus.

I get what everyone is saying about adding red and even though it might make the uniforms pop a little more, I plan to darken the blue for the New York Rangers and I feel that both teams would wind up looking too similar.

Columbus loses seniority in this case so that played a huge part in my decision to remove the red.

This is especially something I want to avoid with teams in the same division (Boston and Pittsburgh will probably be my only exception due to the long history of both teams.)

Red will however, be prominent in the alternate uniforms. I hope everyone gets where I'm coming from here...

Archived