2020 NWSL Disney mashup

MJWalker45

I started a set last year but didn't finish as I liked because I tried to shoe horn the Disney princesses into the colors of the teams. This time I tried to do the opposite. It does go to show that a lot of the princesses use similar color swatches and that can be a bit hard to separate them. These would be a one off for each team and if their opponents uniform could be worn, they would both wear them. 

OUnFOjY.jpg

1LWHn6t.jpg

QjZZBOZ.png

Chicago Red Stars (Snow White) - Rather than going with a lighter blue I went with one that was closer to Snow White's blouse that she's traditionally known for.

rQN00vU.jpg

Houston Dash (Elena of Avalor) This one had an actual uniform to be based off of. In one episode, the Avalorians play a game of Olaball and this is the team uniform design from that episode.

olaball__elena_of_avalor_1001_animations_by_sofiablythe2014-db0asgx.jpg

4uSvyz2.jpg

North Carolina Courage (Jasmine)

This utilizes the colors of Jasmine's standard outfit in the animated Aladdin movie.

TNSCNEN.jpg

OL Reign (Moana)

Simple, this is based on the design of the dress that Moana wears in the movie. The uniform would take it's cue from this as well.

N7yaERx.png

2fCjfJV.jpg

Orlando Pride (Ariel - the Little Mermaid)

This was based on the original design of last year and there was very little change other than removing the motivational saying from under the badges.

Vy3UpNW.jpg

Portland Thorns (Belle from Beauty and the Beast)

I thought about going with green instead of black but with so many blues I went with a design based of of their new uniforms. There's rose patterns on the shirts and socks. And as a secondary I made a yellow and green kit as a nod to the Portland Timbers.

XSZHEgC.png

guGb531.png

KixrNTF.jpg

Sky Blue FC (Cinderella)

I thought about doing a white version of this, but I decided to go with the light blue as it fits the name of the team wearing them.

N05bXUO.jpg

Utah Royals (Frozen - Elsa/Anna)

Instead of picking one of the sister's color patterns I went straight to the flag instead. Since halved jerseys don't get enough love I did that here, using the banner as a way to spruce up the standard shirt design. 

jvgP2ue.jpg

Washington Spirit (Tiana - The Princess and the Frog)

These designs came off of a search for Disneybound designs. Just as I decided to make a halved shirt, I decided to give Tiana an Arsenal-style home shirt. Originally the patterns used were on two separate shirts.

UqTNvz0.png

INieMVd.png

The jersey template was created by IL.Graphic, you can find him on Twitter and Instagram. The full body uniforms were based off of Baylor's uniform release last summer and still need worked on. Let me know what you think works better and maybe even what princess, prince or villain might be a better way to go. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Certainly a unique idea here; I'm curious how you decided which team gets which movie as inspiration...

That green plaid design for Washington, I think would be much more appropriate for Portland or the Reign... I like the first realistic version of it most, without the counter-colored sleeves.

I like the Coral idea for Orlando, certainly seems appropriate for Florida and the Little Mermaid.

As for Portland, as much as I like the vines, the sublimated rose pattern below is really strong, so I think it shouldn't be covered up.

Utah looks cool but it really feels Mardi Gras, definitely doesn't remind me of a wintry Scandinavian kingdom... Maybe do something with the flower on the sleeve patch?

Mostly I'm surprised you didn't do something from Brave. Maybe some cool runes or wisps. A forest design could also work for Utah, Seattle, or Portland...

29 minutes ago, vtgco said:

Certainly a unique idea here; I'm curious how you decided which team gets which movie as inspiration...

That green plaid design for Washington, I think would be much more appropriate for Portland or the Reign... I like the first realistic version of it most, without the counter-colored sleeves.

I like the Coral idea for Orlando, certainly seems appropriate for Florida and the Little Mermaid.

As for Portland, as much as I like the vines, the sublimated rose pattern below is really strong, so I think it shouldn't be covered up.

Utah looks cool but it really feels Mardi Gras, definitely doesn't remind me of a wintry Scandinavian kingdom... Maybe do something with the flower on the sleeve patch?

Mostly I'm surprised you didn't do something from Brave. Maybe some cool runes or wisps. A forest design could also work for Utah, Seattle, or Portland...

I didn't use Brave because of two mostly green teams. I can see the Mardi Gras comparison for Utah. Maybe using a more muted yellow would help? Orlando was picked because it fit my idea for the jerseys. Portland was specifically because they were the Thorns which ties into the rose from Beauty and the Beast. Sky Blue was based on similar colors to Cinderella. Utah was based on the fact they are the Royals, and thus more than one princess was involved. Elena was picked for Houston as Texas has a large Hispanic population. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived