Answer to NFL ONE HELMET!!!

Why don't they use a cloth/fabric cover like they use for camouflage on military helmets?spacer.png

Central District Bulldogs          SANFL Premiers: 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010                                                                                                                  Adelaide Crows                         AFL Premiers:      1997, 1998

59 minutes ago, Groucho said:

Why don't they use a cloth/fabric cover like they use for camouflage on military helmets?spacer.png

That would fall apart pretty quickly. Those covers protect the screws and straps that would otherwise be exposed. Constant scrapes and brushes would tear apart the cloth over time, in a quicker manner than what you see on jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ah! OK. Thank you I didn't realise that would happen. Good point.

Central District Bulldogs          SANFL Premiers: 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010                                                                                                                  Adelaide Crows                         AFL Premiers:      1997, 1998

4 minutes ago, Jimmy's Brother said:

I think they should just wear different decals on the helmets. Much like when Denver wears the old D Broncos logo for their color rush

Not when the shell colors are different, Broncos kinda passes because atleast it’s still a shade of blue, but for teams like the bucs having a pewter helmet doesn’t work for the throwbacks. 

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Not when the shell colors are different, Broncos kinda passes because atleast it’s still a shade of blue, but for teams like the bucs having a pewter helmet doesn’t work for the throwbacks. 

Yeah it doesn't work for some teams but they could wear an alternate logo or the initials of the city. Just for some variety 

1 minute ago, Jimmy's Brother said:

Yeah it doesn't work for some teams but they could wear an alternate logo or the initials of the city. Just for some variety 

We don’t need variety in the NFL. It’s consistency is what makes it so you always know who’s playing. It’s not like the NBA where you have to figure out who is who. Who’s the home team, why the :censored: are they wearing pink, that we have now.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:06 PM, dont care said:

NFL wouldn’t go for it, can’t tell if the shell cracks underneath it. It happens more than you’d think. 

Correctamundo.  Unless I'm mistaken, those wraps are extremely durable, so it's possible for the helmet to crack without the wrap being torn or otherwise obviously damaged even if it's practically bonded to the plastic.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:28 AM, Groucho said:

Why don't they use a cloth/fabric cover like they use for camouflage on military helmets?

The helmets need to be "slick" enough to slide off of each other when they collide.  Cloth (and even the wraps) could create too much friction, and actually make the hits worse.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:11 PM, dont care said:

We don’t need variety in the NFL. It’s consistency is what makes it so you always know who’s playing. It’s not like the NBA where you have to figure out who is who. Who’s the home team, why the :censored: are they wearing pink, that we have now.

I totally agree with this, and I'm against all the mix-and-match outfits and multiple primary helmets, but I do like the occasional throwback game.  Since throwbacks are part of teams' history, I don't think that one game a season damages the brand nearly as much as all the alt jerseys and pants combos do, and as much as alt helmets would.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived