Report: Nissan Rebrands

tBBP

Add Nissan to the recent batch of brands gone barebones, as Nissan joins the flat design party.

Current, soon to be former logo:

690765.jpg

New, soon to be current logo:

690757.jpg

Application on vehicle grille...

5de36336fd9db24e101a2183?width=1100&form

It's ok for what it is. It looks more streamlined--and much better on that grille mockup than it does on a piece of paper.

Side note: this now means that someone somewhere is gonna have to pay to update all the signage and branding around Nissan Stadium-- which just got redone barely three years ago...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Looks better in practice than on paper.  It's a lateral move, I guess.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's a little misleading, since when applied like on the grill, it has a full border and shape (black).  It also looks like the letters are raised, and that makes the light kinda paint a line on it, which makes it similar to the current one.  

The logo with no outline (the black on white) doesn't look much  like the white on black version.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, Quillz said:

Wonder if this rebranding was motivated in part by their former CEO being arrested on major fraud charges?

With seemingly half the planet's CEOs stepping down this year, I'm sure the rebrand is coincidental.

I like it! My dad was a Saab & Nissan mechanic when I was a kid... definitely fits the Nissan vibe, probably because its so similar to what it replaced that most people won't notice any change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

zimdh6kdpqsxjinprciq.png

This was unveiled during a showcase for Nissan's 2021 Ariya electric crossover. https://jalopnik.com/nissans-new-logo-is-sharp-and-simple-1844386176 

And here's the press release from Nissan: https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/release-93f6f6bb105b0dfefd3c497289015e82-redesigned-nissan-logo-signals-a-fresh-horizon

For decades more, Nissan's logo has stayed true to a belief held by its founder Yoshisuke Aikawa, "Shisei tenjitsu o tsuranuku," which he interpreted to mean, "If you have a strong belief, it penetrates even the sun."

41 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Who moderates the moderators?

They take turns acting as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a 2/3 majority in the case of more major issues. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 10:05 AM, pianoknight said:

Missed opportunity.

s-l400.jpg

It's funny how Datsun was mostly used in North America vs Nissan. My Dad had a couple of Datsun's, I remember seeing pictures of the Chevy Nova my dad traded in (because after I was born, my mom was pregnant a couple of months later, with my brother and my Dad couldn't justify the muscle car anymore) for the Datsun B210. 

I think we'd be stuck with Nissan as the name, but I hate round logo's on cars. 

Nissan-logo-history.jpg

At best, I would have been cool with the last row 2nd from the left as the Logo. Then fire their entire automotive design department for how gross all of their vehicles look and start from scratch. 

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Datsun was revived by Nissan in 2013 and they're producing low-cost cars for emerging markets like Nepal, South Africa etc. although Nissan might ditch Datsun brand again to saving money.

BTW their logo also looks like low-cost:

spacer.png

4r2eer.png

19 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Datsun was revived by Nissan in 2013 and they're producing low-cost cars for emerging markets like Nepal, South Africa etc. although Nissan might ditch Datsun brand again to saving money.

BTW their logo also looks like low-cost:

spacer.png

From what I can remember, Datsun was the name they were synonymous with outside of Asia, where it was mostly known as Nissan for a very long time. It's odd that Datsun was the name they chose in those other markets. 

But I hate how their logo looks even with that datsun one you just posted. It just looks so boring. 

Obviously not as bad as Kia and Hyundai, god awful, those two. 

The "gold" datsun logo in the image I posted, I always like that look, the nostalgia of it. 

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived