Buc

Report: Nissan Rebrands

Add Nissan to the recent batch of brands gone barebones, as Nissan joins the flat design party.

Current, soon to be former logo:

690765.jpg

New, soon to be current logo:

690757.jpg

Application on vehicle grille...

5de36336fd9db24e101a2183?width=1100&form

It's ok for what it is. It looks more streamlined--and much better on that grille mockup than it does on a piece of paper.

Side note: this now means that someone somewhere is gonna have to pay to update all the signage and branding around Nissan Stadium-- which just got redone barely three years ago...

Looks better in practice than on paper.  It's a lateral move, I guess.

It's a little misleading, since when applied like on the grill, it has a full border and shape (black).  It also looks like the letters are raised, and that makes the light kinda paint a line on it, which makes it similar to the current one.  

The logo with no outline (the black on white) doesn't look much  like the white on black version.

Same like BMW looks better on car than on paper.

Although in old Nissan colors it doesn't look that bad:

79ch45r8.jpg

Also Nissan changed "Z" logo:

Nissan-Gen-Z-gear-patrol-full-lead.jpg

Wonder if this rebranding was motivated in part by their former CEO being arrested on major fraud charges?

11 hours ago, Quillz said:

Wonder if this rebranding was motivated in part by their former CEO being arrested on major fraud charges?

With seemingly half the planet's CEOs stepping down this year, I'm sure the rebrand is coincidental.

I like it! My dad was a Saab & Nissan mechanic when I was a kid... definitely fits the Nissan vibe, probably because its so similar to what it replaced that most people won't notice any change.

I like it. The soon to be replaced logo looks cheap and outdated. 

Most of these car badges have been upgrades, hopefully Kia/Hyandai are next to make the switch. 

Upgrade.