Wentz2Jeffery

Colts to tweak Logo/Unis in 2020

25 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

594179932020.gif<594163312016.gif

Honestly, I view the font change for the Rams as a lateral move. Both are great and they both have a retro feel to them. New more than the old.

No complaints here. Not a fan of BFBS, but it does open a door. 

The historic number set and new word mark are upgrades. 

Happy to see Indianapolis make subtle but positive changes. 

still a classic uniform. 

The new word mark is an upgrade. The numbers are fine. I would have stuck with the old ones, but the new ones don't look bad at all.  The secondary logo looks like a decaying bumper sticker on an old pickup truck. Not great. Finally, I really hope the "anvil black" swoosh is not a sign of things to come. 

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

@AndrewMLind in the article on the mothership you mention that the Colts switched to the Vapor Untouchable template, but in the release images the players are still wearing the Elite 51. Did you get info from the team that they’re making that switch, or was that just an assumption?

I was fully expecting them to adopt the VU template full time, so I’m surprised to see the players in the Elite 51 still.

The photos they initially tweeted appeared to have the Vapor Untouchable template, so I wrote that in my first draft. Noticed that wasn’t the case when I added the other photos, so I quickly switched back. Hoped nobody caught it, but appreciate you clicking so quickly! 

That said, I’m also surprised they didn’t update. That leaves (after the Browns unveiling) the Colts and Ravens as the only teams still outfitted in the Elite 51 template, and the Packers as the only team still in the old Ripon uniforms.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, it's as classic font, not like something designed specifically for just one team.  I actually think there should be three teams wearing it...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Didn't the Jets use it (or something really close to it) their first few years in the league?

6 hours ago, alecgoff said:

This secondary logo is so forced and unnecessary. I have never seen a horseshoe that looks like that. 

EVfh-CIe-Xs-AAzkp-I.jpg

zfykjucb03141.jpg

It’s a weird choice that they’re sticking with the old template considering their Color Rush was on the Vapor Untouchable and looked just fine. I could understand if the template couldn’t accommodate their design but it transitioned seamlessly. It’s a shame, too, seeing as the old template is overly designed with way too many panels and stitching. The new template is really clean and I’d venture to say one of the best we’ve seen in a while.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

It’s a weird choice that they’re sticking with the old template considering their Color Rush was on the Vapor Untouchable and looked just fine. I could understand if the template couldn’t accommodate their design but it transitioned seamlessly. It’s a shame, too, seeing as the old template is overly designed with way too many panels and stitching. The new template is really clean and I’d venture to say one of the best we’ve seen in a while.

The weird part about that is that the Color Rush set was on the Vapor Untouchable in 2017 and 2018, but then last year they switched it to the Elite 51 (they still used the VU pants, though) :

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
For one reason or another it seems like someone in the organization prefers the Elite 51. Thankfully they at least dropped the flywire, but it still would’ve been better had they just converted to the VU.

45 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The new word mark is an upgrade. The numbers are fine. I would have stuck with the old ones, but the new ones don't look bad at all.  The secondary logo looks like a decaying bumper sticker on an old pickup truck. Not great. Finally, I really hope the "anvil black" swoosh is not a sign of things to come

It's not a sign of things to come, it's the sign of how it's done. Seattle. Tennessee. Tampa Bay. Indianapolis. 

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It's not a sign of things to come, it's the sign of how it's done. Seattle. Tennessee. Tampa Bay. Indianapolis. 

How what is done? You bring up four teams. Two have ugly uniforms and two don't. Only one has black in its color scheme (not counting Indy's swoosh.) Not sure what you're going for here. Help a brother out. 

I can't help but look at the secondary logo and think it includes Indiana and western Ohio.

3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

How what is done? You bring up four teams. Two have ugly uniforms and two don't. Only one has black in its color scheme (not counting Indy's swoosh.) Not sure what you're going for here. Help a brother out. 

Sorry - the incongruous color swoosh. Lime green. Black. Orange. Red. Single (or limited) use on the uniform.

If that wasn't what you were getting at, then pay no attention 🙂

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Sorry - the incongruous color swoosh. Lime green. Black. Orange. Red. Single (or limited) use on the uniform.

If that wasn't what you were getting at, then pay no attention 🙂

Got it. Thanks for clarifying. What I was getting at was that I hope the black swoosh isn't the first step towards the Colts busting out some "Anvil Black" abomination of a uniform. I could have worded it more clearly. 

6 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Got it. Thanks for clarifying. What I was getting at was that I hope the black swoosh isn't the first step towards the Colts busting out some "Anvil Black" abomination of a uniform. I could have worded it more clearly. 

Yup - it was pretty clear. I took it a different direction.

Either way, I think we both expect it to happen since the swoosh is black.

colts-cr-white-socks.jpg

Fixed. Kept the guy on the left with blue socks as a comparison, but I think white socks (even if they're solid, would prefer striped though) make this look surprisingly good.

1 hour ago, Jimmy! said:

Didn't the Jets use it (or something really close to it) their first few years in the league?

Correct.

3417c3852cdf2a7446c0ababab251871.jpg

EDIT:

Digits were also used by the 60s Eagles, which gave us these throwbacks

5369236.jpg

At first I was like "meh ok nothing too crazy, pretty much what I expected) and then I saw that extremely pointless black swoosh. It's definitely there as an excuse to have a BFBS alternate in a few years.

I would say it's for merch reasons, but I'm pretty sure every team already has black t-shirts/hats/hoodies/etc, I mean even the Dolphins do.