Colts to tweak Logo/Unis in 2020

Wentz2Jeffery

18 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It's not a sign of things to come, it's the sign of how it's done. Seattle. Tennessee. Tampa Bay. Indianapolis. 

My hope is just that since Indy has had the sense to not do anything like that before and maintain a classic identity that the team will have enough sense to not do anything like that in the future. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that black alternates are on their way at all.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Maroon said:

My hope is just that since Indy has had the sense to not do anything like that before and maintain a classic identity that the team will have enough sense to not do anything like that in the future. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that black alternates are on their way at all.

I hope you are right.

I'd be an internet hundred dollars that you aren't 😞

It's where I sit.

30 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I hope you are right.

I'd be an internet hundred dollars that you aren't 😞

I'll take that bet of $100 internet dollars the Colts don't introduce an alternate uniform that uses black as its primary/base jersey color, at least during the tenure of Jim Irsay as owner.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Since the Colts added black to their uniforms, there is now no more teams in the NFL with only one color and white. The Jets and Colts were green and white and blue and white respectively, but they both have black in their color scheme now.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 4/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I can totally understand that and get where you’re coming from, but I don’t think it would bother me at all if the Cowboys ever were to go ahead with vintage serif numbers as well, though. The Colts and Cowboys coexisted with vintage serifs for about a decade (in the same league) just fine, both looked great in them, and I think they could still coexist today; despite some similarities in branding like you mentioned, I think those are ultimately not as major in comparison to the differences they have. They both have some very different things going for them that still set each other apart, even in color scheme and uniform elements, enough so that I wouldn’t see too much of an encroachment. I even watched a broadcast of Super Bowl V yesterday and was surprised at how even in 1971, the two teams still looked fairly distinct from each other despite some shared similarities (in my eyes, at least). Granted they did have different number fonts, but everything else altogether was still distinct enough that even if the Colts still had the vintage serifs then, it wouldn’t have bothered me.

The Cowboys could also further distance themselves if they’d like by switching out regular silver for the greenish silver across the board (helmet and pants), and just own the color outright to make that one of their “things”. That’s something I’ve hoped they’d do for a long time, honestly. 

The cowboys helmets are actually Texas Blue.. only the pants they wear with the Navy jerseys are silver.. 

Helmets - silvery blue

Main pants - silvery green

Other pants - silver

On 4/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, TruColor said:

Yes. (I'm also aware that I've continued to Nugget-jack this Colts thread. Sorry 'bout that.)

The hell you say! I didn't know "Nugget-jackin'" was a sport round here!

Well then ... here's my wall poster-style tribute to the franchise's (pre-2018) history of uniforms and logos:

On 10/29/2016 at 5:34 AM, BroncoBuff said:

o6EgKqU.png

wS7MJ6T.png

Overall, I like the Colts changes.

Love the change in number font. Kudos to them for that.

The alternate logo isn't bad at all. Unique use of the state of Indiana.

The wordmark is a definitely a huge downgrade. The old one was original, nostalgic and it looked really nice. The new one is bland and boring.

I'm not sure I can tell what the change(s) made to the horseshoe was/were? Can someone please explain and/or post a side by side comparison?

On 4/15/2020 at 8:32 AM, GrimlockAutobot said:

I'm not sure I can tell what the change(s) made to the horseshoe was/were? Can someone please explain and/or post a side by side comparison?

Old on the left, new on the right.

EVgnR4yXYAII-N_?format=jpg&name=medium

Here's a better explanation of the difference.

This could be a case of them having had slightly different versions of the logo for their helmets (as the Chiefs do).  The logo on the mothership has had those little hooks on the end for years.  

593.png

The actual logo on helmets, however, did not.

andrewluck.jpg

45 minutes ago, BandaBassotti said:

Those aren't Miami's old unis 🤨😅

Well yeah...technically they are. 

They're not decades old, but also not current.

I'm guessing I missed the old timer joke. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

This opens the door for a new Colts mascot:

crisis-darkseid.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 4/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, Bruhammydude said:

Since the Colts added black to their uniforms, there is now no more teams in the NFL with only one color and white. The Jets and Colts were green and white and blue and white respectively, but they both have black in their color scheme now.

Both should consider getting rid of it. 

XM4KeeA.png

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Here's a better explanation of the difference.

This could be a case of them having had slightly different versions of the logo for their helmets (as the Chiefs do).  The logo on the mothership has had those little hooks on the end for years.  

593.png

The actual logo on helmets, however, did not.

andrewluck.jpg

That is definitely the case. The print logo has always been the rounder one with the more pronounced “hooks” on the calks.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 minute ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Let's see the Colts do a black alternate with facemask gray numbers. And simplify it by getting rid of the stripes and ditching blue. I made quick mockup

Z0E2K3w.jpg

Just to be clear, the joke is this is a Raiders jersey, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived