Colts to tweak Logo/Unis in 2020

Wentz2Jeffery

The black shoes are fine for the Colts. All the pre-merger NFL teams should have plain black shoes and the AFL teams white shoes (except maybe not the Rams, who seem like they kinda need white shoes). Make it a nice vestigial kind of Easter egg thing. 

Blue masks again would be nice, though. I'm not a grey mask fan. I don't think blue pants suit them well, colored pants and white helmets are kinda dicey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TheAdmiral I just prefer white shoes to black for indoor games for whatever reason, and all their home games are indoor.

I hear you on the blue pants, I would just like to see them once or twice a year on the road with white striped socks to mix it up a little. Biggest thing for me though is the Unitas font.

So I just recently followed this guy Michael Irwin on Instagram (@michaelirwinco) and he's a great follow if you're into logo design.  Long story short, he's been involved in some of the redesigns of NFL teams (Browns, Lions) and recently, the Chargers.  The other day I was surfing his page and noticed that he had a post up of a bunch of different horseshoe designs resembling the Colts logo.  My guess is he's tied to this project.  Wish I had screenshotted them because they are since deleted, but worth following in case you can catch a glimpse.  There were also some Chargers designs that I guess didn't make the cut that were on his feed that were recently deleted also. 

DISCLAIMER:  FOR ALL I KNOW HE COULD BE A MEMBER OF THE FORUM AND IF SO, FEEL FREE TO MAKE FUN OF ME AT ANY TIME. 

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

Colts will be going back to the digit font they used in their early glory days (the same Dallas uses on their throwbacks). Nothing more than that.

19054932]&call=url[file:product.chain]

This would be great. Honestly, I think a round version of it would work even better with their branding.

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

Should the Colts' helmet stripe go to a double stripe to match the jersey and pants, or should the pants stripe go single to match the helmet? or neither? I say double stripe on the helmet, and bring back white double-striped socks. Good all-white road uniform there if they did that.

I think the pants should go to a single stripe. I like the extra white space on the helmet, and I think the pants would be more distinctive with a single blue stripe. Keep the two stripes on the jersey and bring the striped socks back, and it’s gold.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I hope they will at least get rid of the grey face masks. I mean seriously, if your helmet shell isn't silver or grey, then grey face masks are just ugly and, in my opinion, are a sign of laziness. 

We'll, considering they used to have both white and blue masks, and actually made the choice and effort to change to gray, you can't really call it lazy.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

We'll, considering they used to have both white and blue masks, and actually made the choice and effort to change to gray, you can't really call it lazy.

Blue should be their choice. It balances the white/blue ratio

2 minutes ago, IceCap said:

No thanks. The Colts have such a classic look. A small tweak here or there wouldn't be bad, but something like that? No thanks.

That's why it'll never happen. I personally don't care if the Colts change anything. Their uniforms are perfect as is. But...that doesn't stop this helmet from being beautiful.

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

That's why it'll never happen. I personally don't care if the Colts change anything. Their uniforms are perfect as is. But...that doesn't stop this helmet from being beautiful.

I wouldn’t say “never” especially with the one helmet rule potentially going away

18 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I hope they will at least get rid of the grey face masks. I mean seriously, if your helmet shell isn't silver or grey, then grey face masks are just ugly and, in my opinion, are a sign of laziness. 

Fwd to: Arizona Cardinals

6uXNWAo.png

Archived