Wentz2Jeffery

Colts to tweak Logo/Unis in 2020

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Come on Colts. You know you want to...

 

wlZJVN8.png

 

fsDYgOA.png


White facemasks! I agree 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IceCap said:

Come on Colts. You know you want to...

spacer.png

spacer.png


Fixed. Art Schlichter is a must-have for “silver Colts” photos. I am not saying this because he ripped off anybody I know to fuel his gambling addiction. Or am I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seemed like there was a small rash of shortlived debacles/detours in the early 80s.   1984 Browns (real precursor to the current lame duck set!)   1979-83 Knicks.  1982-84 Nets. All preceded and followed by a long term/classic look.  Silver Pistons, 81-84 Pacers, 80-83 Cavs, Orange Cavs, and inaugural Blue Mavs were also very shortlived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, I knew about the Colts silver pants debacle, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the white uniforms with the silver in the striping and number trim.

Along with the weird Chargers pants with the single blue stripe, that’s the second NFL uniform I’ve never seen before this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chakfu said:

Seemed like there was a small rash of shortlived debacles/detours in the early 80s.   1984 Browns (real precursor to the current lame duck set!)   1979-83 Knicks.  1982-84 Nets. All preceded and followed by a long term/classic look.  Silver Pistons, 81-84 Pacers, 80-83 Cavs, Orange Cavs, and inaugural Blue Mavs were also very shortlived.

And don't forget the mid 70s Spurs silver jerseys.  Even though we are talking about a different subject not relating to this.

San Antonio Spurs: 25 Best Players To Play For The Spurs - Page 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I maybe in the minority for this, but I would like to see the Colts go back to these, but only in a modern look. Keep the regular helmet as is and add a blue home jersey with the same template.  They could look ultra cool, if done right.

 

Top 10 Thanksgiving Moments in the NFL of All Time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I maybe in the minority for this, but I would like to see the Colts go back to these, but only in a modern look. Keep the regular helmet as is and add a blue home jersey with the same template.  They could look ultra cool, if done right.

 

Top 10 Thanksgiving Moments in the NFL of All Time


Speaking as a Colts fan, I do like it as a once-a-year alternate (maybe Thanksgiving day/weekend), but not full-time. The shoulder stripes (no matter the template) are such a Colts staple that I’d never want to see them departed from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IceCap said:

Come on Colts. You know you want to...

 

wlZJVN8.png

 

fsDYgOA.png

nope.  Nope. NOPE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought it unusual that the Colts press room podium used to feature a blue helmet.  It doesn't look bad, but it runs counter to 50 years of team history.

 

usp-nfl_-tony-dungy-press-conference.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this is a very unpopular opinion. But i generally dont like gray facemasks that arent throwbacks. The colts uniform is pretty much flawless in my eyes, I think they should go with the alternate font and commit to either a white or a blue facemask. (i want white)

 

Example of the alt font

636488813252736810-ColtsBroncos-1stHalf-

Example of white facemasks, see the jets alternate white mask from about 2 years ago, it looked really clean on an all white jersey. New+York+Jets+All+White.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s too much white to me, and blue draws too much attention. Grey fits the old school look they have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Now this is a very unpopular opinion. But i generally dont like gray facemasks that arent throwbacks. The colts uniform is pretty much flawless in my eyes, I think they should go with the alternate font and commit to either a white or a blue facemask. (i want white)

 

Example of the alt font

 

Example of white facemasks, see the jets alternate white mask from about 2 years ago, it looked really clean on an all white jersey. 

What is that supposed to mean? I see that phrase and I substitute fire emojis because it has the same validity in my mind.

 

Not busting on your balls, but I'm curious. Does clean mean color balanced? Does it mean it blends into the background and doesn't stand out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

Now this is a very unpopular opinion. But i generally dont like gray facemasks that arent throwbacks. The colts uniform is pretty much flawless in my eyes, I think they should go with the alternate font and commit to either a white or a blue facemask. (i want white)

 

Example of the alt font

636488813252736810-ColtsBroncos-1stHalf-

Example of white facemasks, see the jets alternate white mask from about 2 years ago, it looked really clean on an all white jersey. 

 

thats the kind of clashing of eras i dont want to see. why go backwards with a 50's number font, but forward (or back to 80s?) with a white mask? whatever direction the uniform moves, all the elements need to move together. lets either do the '58 uniform, or move it all forward with subtle adjustments that better ties all elements together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

 

thats the kind of clashing of eras i dont want to see. why go backwards with a 50's number font, but forward (or back to 80s?) with a white mask? whatever direction the uniform moves, all the elements need to move together. lets either do the '58 uniform, or move it all forward with subtle adjustments that better ties all elements together

I disagree. Blending different eras within the uniform can be great if done well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I missed it but why would the Colts, a team with what I consider to be about as perfect a uniform as there is in the NFL, change anything? Did they get someone new in management? That's the only thing I can think of. Someone new wanting to show they are doing something so they change the look. Honestly, I'm baffled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I guess I missed it but why would the Colts, a team with what I consider to be about as perfect a uniform as there is in the NFL, change anything? Did they get someone new in management? That's the only thing I can think of. Someone new wanting to show they are doing something so they change the look. Honestly, I'm baffled. 

We'll have to wait and see, but (hopefully) all the changes are just housekeeping things that make the uniform more consistent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What is that supposed to mean? I see that phrase and I substitute fire emojis because it has the same validity in my mind.

 

Not busting on your balls, but I'm curious. Does clean mean color balanced? Does it mean it blends into the background and doesn't stand out?

In my experience as a 20 year old, saying something is “clean” in that context doesn’t really mean anything specific, it’s just a sort of slang similar to how “cool” is used. Both simply mean that the person saying that likes the way something looks, it’s just that “clean” is what the current young generation has started to use and is popular now, like how saying something was “fly” was popular in the 90s-early 2000s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

I always thought it unusual that the Colts press room podium used to feature a blue helmet.

usp-nfl_-tony-dungy-press-conference.jpg

I still find it odd that the podium says “INDIANAPOLIS” instead of “BALTIMORE,” but I’m an old-timer, so, yea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jn8 said:

In my experience as a 20 year old, saying something is “clean” in that context doesn’t really mean anything specific, it’s just a sort of slang similar to how “cool” is used. Both simply mean that the person saying that likes the way something looks, it’s just that “clean” is what the current young generation has started to use and is popular now, like how saying something was “fly” was popular in the 90s-early 2000s. 

So, because words have meaning, and saying something is cool on a website like this offers no insight into WHY it is cool, why not say something like "I like the fact that there is as much of a single color as possible, and the white mask achieves that look" instead of saying 'it's clean'? That way, readers can understand why you (the royal you, not you specifically) like something, which is a lot of what this site is about - sharing opinions about why we like certain things (grey facemasks or monochrome uniforms, for example).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What is that supposed to mean? I see that phrase and I substitute fire emojis because it has the same validity in my mind.

 

Not busting on your balls, but I'm curious. Does clean mean color balanced? Does it mean it blends into the background and doesn't stand out?

Clean meaning 2 things, as mentioned it could sub in as a word for "cool," it would jump them up into some of my favorite uniforms. However, I also mean for it to be like "unified" as in it ties everything together, it isnt trying to do too much. So the overarching theme is that I think it would fit the whole set better, "clean" it up.

 

Another example, I really like the yellow redskins mask when they wear yellow pants, but with the white pants, it sticks out like a sore thumb. A discolored mask that is a color not featured on the uniforms bothers me, and I think that is where my distaste of the grey facemask comes from. Now I'm not saying all facemasks have to feature the main color of the jersey, but most of the time that's how i see it.

usatsi_9502068-copy.jpg

1052157894-612x612.jpg

 

As for the number font, it feels like half the league uses a standard block. This individualizes them a bit more. I don't have much to say outside of I am a Penn State student, and we wear a standard block which is cool and classic (i love our unis) but then we break out the "throwback" with the similar colts color rush font and it looks fantastic. I just think it would be a more visually appealing look to the colts.

penn-state-white-out-michigan.jpg

e91ebc89dff3ecd6d78e917c57042105.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.