Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

15 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

As a Lions fan, y'all got any more of these playoff wins? We can definitely switch...

the way American pro sports work these days, the Lions could just buy the Patriots history, drop theirs, and the patriots could continue as an “expansion” team. 

Boom - Lions now have six Super Bowls, and everyone is jealous of Detroit and their annoying grandstanding fans!

Hell - they could take it to a whole new level and try to get partial history. Maybe buy the rights to just 2 super bowl seasons, and the Patriots would just consider themselves “inactive” for those two seasons. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

I feel like the most forgettable team in the league is the Jaguars. Only reason they've gained some following is their 2017 playoff run and playing in London every year.

Let's be honest, who cares about the Jaguars?

You're forgetting about The Good Place. I feel like the Jaguars have become a much more known entity in the last 5ish years.

31 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For the record, the Detroit Lions would kill for that resume. (For those unfamiliar, it's one playoff win since 1957. One. One. Since 1957. 1957. Lions' fans are kind of hard to describe.)

Curse of Bobby Layne and that's quite accurate, or the Bengals last playoff win coming against the Oilers, I definitely acknowledge we could have much worse.

It just compounds the issue when it's a newer market with less success and small market at that which had pretty good success in the first 5 years ( which probably spoiled some folks)  and since has found non double digit losing season seldom. Makes building that next generation of Jag fan more difficult. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

On 3/25/2020 at 5:26 PM, Volt said:

Have they actually never worn this combo?  It looks like it was made to be worn together...way better than White over Navy.

Ugh no. The white and navy is great. Hope they don’t go away from that being the primary road jersey. I’d like to see the white pants on the road mixed in here and there.

On 3/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, Jojopeligreeno said:

Pats fan Fitzy on the radio today again mentions a version of color rush navy and color rush white version is what’s he’s still hearing. The pro shop people basically said the same only it will be a mix and match option, not all navy and all white exclusively. 

That’s a pretty significant change, no? Doesn’t really seem to match what Reiss hinted at.

24 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Think about it they have worn all white color rush before so for a lot of normal people and reporters who are not like us on this board it’s not a big change. Logo is the same,colors pretty much the same .

Maybe, but I’ll trust Reiss and think we’ll find most of the rumors to be hear say and find that the jerseys ultimately won’t change much.

But I’d love for the rumors of color rush style for home and away with blue and white pants that can be used interchangeably to be true.

1 hour ago, Froob said:

That’s a pretty significant change, no? Doesn’t really seem to match what Reiss hinted at.

I wouldn’t consider the color rush uniforms as significantly different. I guess it’s all relative. But changing nothing but the shoulder stripe look, and maybe trading out the silver pants, maybe ... that tracks with a minor change to me.

Pats are one of those teams where casuals might tune into a color rush game and not even notice a different jersey.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

34 minutes ago, Digby said:

I wouldn’t consider the color rush uniforms as significantly different. I guess it’s all relative. But changing nothing but the shoulder stripe look, and maybe trading out the silver pants, maybe ... that tracks with a minor change to me.

Pats are one of those teams where casuals might tune into a color rush game and not even notice a different jersey.

I believe Reiss specifically said “subtle.” I’m guessing it’s something like the pants or the piping is changed up 

3 hours ago, Froob said:

2 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Think about it they have worn all white color rush before so for a lot of normal people and reporters who are not like us on this board it’s not a big change. Logo is the same,colors pretty much the same .

I once got into a conversation with someone who described himself as a huge Saints fan.  At some point he mentioned being appreciative of the "fact" that the Saints had never in their history changed their uniforms or logo. I tried to talk about a few of the dozens of changes, but it just obviously confused (and vaguely annoyed) him. He said their helmet had always been gold, their jerseys had always been black, they always had that "thingy" on their helmet, and he didn't understand what I was going on about.

I promise you, if the Patriots are not changing their colors or logo, the vast majority of observers will call it an insignificant change.

9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I promise you, if the Patriots are not changing their colors or logo, the vast majority of observers will call it an insignificant change.

Yep. Just like how the average Patriots fan doesn’t realize that the “original” red jerseys aren’t actually the original jerseys and there were about 5 or 6 different iterations before getting to the late 80s ones everyone remembers.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

4 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Changing to color rush and some shoulder stripes is pretty subtle to most fans 

Hope so. It’d be really cool to retire the current set for the greatest years of the franchise.

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

He said their helmet had always been gold, their jerseys had always been black, they always had that "thingy" on their helmet

apres moi, le whatever

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 3/26/2020 at 7:55 PM, Cujo said:

What the Patriots will do

jarrett_stidham_color_rush.jpg

What I *want* the Patriots to do 😏

853f84c4_original.png?1290196420

Take it from someone whose fantasy football team is the Arrogant Americans: there's a fine line between uniform and costume.

Maybe with Brady out of the picture, the Patriots' slice of the local market will revert to northern rednecks like the olden days. I can see a lot of people wearing that jersey and driving a contractor pickup truck with New Hampshire plates. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 hours ago, Digby said:

Maybe with Brady out of the picture, the Patriots' slice of the local market will revert to northern rednecks like the olden days. I can see a lot of people wearing that jersey and driving a contractor pickup truck with New Hampshire plates. 

Being a Pats fan since the 80s this got a chuckle out of me. I remember being able to walk into old Foxboro at half time for free to watch the second half. Times have def changed for the better. 

Here's my unpopular Patriots uniform opinion.

I liked this set a lot:

spacer.png

I know those big shoulder logos are pretty much a "ugh" feature these days and most will hate that number font, but there still is something about these that remains appealing to me.

An aside: the most underrated feature of these is the "vertical" striping, which I wouldn't mind someone attempting in a current set (better than side panels IMHO). Of course, the issue with these vertical stripes was that you couldn't always see them, depending on the lighting and viewing angle. 

On 4/3/2020 at 7:08 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

the way American pro sports work these days, the Lions could just buy the Patriots history, drop theirs, and the patriots could continue as an “expansion” team. 

Boom - Lions now have six Super Bowls, and everyone is jealous of Detroit and their annoying grandstanding fans!

Hell - they could take it to a whole new level and try to get partial history. Maybe buy the rights to just 2 super bowl seasons, and the Patriots would just consider themselves “inactive” for those two seasons. 

It's no Super Bowl but the Lions HAVE won 4 titles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Lions

"The Lions have won four NFL championships. However, their last was in 1957, which gives the club the second-longest NFL championship drought behind the Arizona Cardinals (who last won in 1947)."

Archived